Thursday 28 September 2017

INTERNATIONAL POETRY DAY

Today it appears is International Poetry Day! So....

BETWEEN ME AND YOU

Back in January 2010
so long ago I don't know quite when
I sat up to a computer here
and upon the screen she did appear

Her hair was blonde
and real hair too!
Not that I knew
between me and you

But bid I did and much surprise
I won the doll before my eyes
A Pintuck girl from USA
was soon to wing her way

To my cottage door did come
A Pintuck girl just the one
Well that was the general plan
until I saw a little man

Before I could draw a breath
the house was full of vinyl
Sasha , Gregors and Babies
stood like a crowd at the cup final

Now seven longs years have passed
and hubby's given up the task
of saying not another one!
Now he just lifts his thumb

And eyes the shed , yes that one
that's looking rather sad and glum
and dreams of maybe next year
another place will appear


Then out the house the dolls can go
all their props and clothes you know
that fill the place from floor to roof
If you came round he'd give you proof

Then finally he'll sit down
and dolls won;t watch him with a frown
They'll only be one or two..
or so he thinks between me and you...

Dee Owen





Liberty my first ever Sasha Doll from January 2010.




*********************************************************************************








5 comments:

  1. Today is definitely YOUR day! Thank you for brightening mine!

    My husband is very patient, it's our kids who still hope our house might stop filling up with dolls. So hope is what is left in the end...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your dolls don't frown at him - the Sasha dolls don't but maybe some of the others might. good luck with building the new doll shed in the village.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your Sasha Doll History as a poem for today's International Poetry Day!
    This general theme can be applied to most of us....just the ONE doll originally planned, that then somehow increased to two, then three, four etc.
    Many thanks for sharing your wonderful gift of poetry again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alas, the poor man.....he is such an innocent.....

    But Kendal, I never thought of just one doll, it was always going to be the six my father thought was suficient for any little girl, but they kept asking their friends to move in.Then those friends invited their friends, who in turn called their brothers, sisters and cousins to come and stay. Since they have been arriving to share my home for nearly 60 years there are rather a lot of them now!

    ReplyDelete