Friday 20 October 2017

IT WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE

CHAT N SNAP 2017! and for once I have actually finished what I needed to make and have filled the living room with all the things I need to take with me! Just need to pop out later to get the food for tomorrow and then I'm all set. ! It's a first!

I do have a few things I still need to do , sort out my dolls for tomorrow etc but that's all once food bought.



I made the sheets and pillowcase yesterday and cut the blanket out today.


Then made the eiderdown this afternoon.


I'm quite pleased how it all came out.


It's reversible !


I think it works, I wanted it to be in keeping with the age of the bed which is from the late 1890's. so no quilts! Proper sheets and blankets.

The bed is intended for my larger Schoenhut dolls but I'm sure the Sasha's will make use of it too!

Well I'll be back on Sunday to start reporting back about how the day went and everything that was available etc.


********************************************************************************

17 comments:

  1. Th bed linens turned out so well. What a lovely scene you will be able to create.
    I hope you and all attendees have a wonderful time. I look forward to seeing pictures of the event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hopefully it will be a good day, although the weathers supposed to be bad, hopefully everyone will get here!
      Lots of photos for sunday! :)

      Delete
  2. Good Luck for tomorrow Dee! Please take loads of pictures of the dolls and sales tables for us'stay at homes'.....but more importantly...have a great time!"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simples :) I will try to photographing as much as I can :)

      Delete
  3. Well done, Dee. Very well done indeed! Hope that everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow ❤️ Looking forward to seeing all the photos...Carol from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, That means a lot as I know you are an excellent seamstress :) and Thank you for the donation.
      Lots of photos as soon as poss on Sunday :)

      Delete
  4. I'm also looking forward to the photos - and the bed linens are so beautifully made, you wouldn't guess from the pictures they are only doll sized.
    Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take lots and get Paul to as well :) Thank you , Paul say the photo looked like it was a normal room not a doll bed!
      I hope to ! :)

      Delete
  5. Wishing everyone attending a simply FABULOUS time. Will be feeling rather sorry for myself with not being able to go but looking forward to seeing ALL the photos and rest assured a number of you will be receiving a phone call on Saturday night or Sunday asking for a full verbal account of this lovely event.
    Special thanks to Denise and Paul (plus their family) for all their hard work again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will miss you Kendal, no one will be as thorough as you at getting a photo of every doll!
      I'm sure people will be posting photos of the fb group while still enjoying the day! Not me I don't have the technology! or the time!
      It's my helpers that deserve the praise :)

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love the bedding you have made *gasp*
    Clever clever you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but probably better from a distance.. lol

      Delete
  7. The bedding looks beautiful - well done! I hope everyone has a great time at the Chat N Snap, and buys lots of goodies for their Sasha kids.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed this post at the time, now looking back through your recent posts. What a wonderful bed and bedding and those two lucky Sasha's certainly looked comfy in it on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dee what a lovely set of bed linen! You really amaze me how you got it all done at the last moment, and it turned out perfectly.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete