Sunday 15 October 2023

A COLD SUNNY SUNDAY

 


Another week's shot by in no time at all! I've been working on things to do with the Chat n Snap, which is rapidly approaching, plus if you read the earlier post acquiring a very large chest of drawers for my doll studio.


The wildlife pond appears to have acquired some fish! Paul had decided to add a piece of oxygenator plant to the pond after it was finished and it must have had some fish eggs on it because first one, then three tiny fish appeared swimming around! Then earlier this week alas we found on floating that had died. So were down to two you say ! Well it would appear no! There are actually four left in there!! so it appears another couple have hatched/ no been seen, who knows they are so small and so fast it's hard to see them never mind count them. We are waiting for them to get a bit bigger before transferring them into the big pond but it's getting very cold now, so it may be sooner rather than later. I just hope the bigger fish don't eat them? 

Back to the studio, my new chest of drawers is in truth too fine to be used foe dolls clothes but that's what it's going to be for anyway. I was also surprised to find it has a key that locks all the drawers! Not that they need locking but still a lovely thing to have and not be missing like these things usually are.


It's been like filling a Tardis ( Dr Who's time machine for those who don't know ), but it's made me realise just how much clothing I have ! Not just for the Sasha's and Gregor's but also for the other dolls I own. So there will be a big cull over the winter months, especially of the bigger dolls, who get changed even less than the Sasha's!

I even had this strange belief that I'd have a load of room left in the bottom drawer! No chance! I put the mattresses and covers for the dolls beds in there and then more clothing appeared! I almost lost the will to live, when I found yet another big box of dolls clothes in my old doll studio ! But there is still some space in the big drawers but I will need to go through at a later date pulling out things.


But on the plus side I did empty out sixteen boxes and four bags! Not all were full of clothes, some had just a few items in, that could now go into the cupboards, where some of the boxes of clothes used to be kept. Plus one of two had things that were not connected to the dolls and had just been shoved into the studio when space was needed else where. 

One thing I will say, it's making me deal with little bits and pieces that should have been moved on years ago. The next charity bag collection should do quite well!.


This is what the studio looked like when I had to make some space to be able to get the chest of drawers in.

Same space tonight after I went back and took a photo when it was starting to get dark. But I have made a big dent in what needed doing but still lots of clearing up to do. I'll share some photos next Sunday when it's hopefully all sorted!!


This Sunday's headliner is Saffy, who is doing her impression of a Spiv! "Wanna buy a camera mate? Only a tenner " she says sliding round the empty boxes!

Am I the only one who does this. when I picked Saffy up to take her outside for a photo shoot, I could see she was just wearing the hoodie and thought ' she needs a t shirt under there it's cold' ????


On the doll front, I have sold another two, so slowing making a dent in the pile of boxed dolls. I do have one on her way to me, not a Sasha, another doll whose been on a layaway most of the year and now finally heading home.

I will wish you all a happy healthy warm week ahead.

Dee





2 comments:

  1. Lovely old chest of drawers, and what an added bonus that it still has the key so your kids can't get in it and put everything in a disarray. I absolutely swear that mine do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll be able to lock them out when new clothes arrive, so noone can get first dibs!!

      Delete