Thursday 26 October 2023

TO LEAVE OR NOT TO LEAVE

 That is my question!

So while searching for railway station suitable props amongst my few pitiful items...... okay not few..

I remembered I had acquired a good while back a dolls sized travelling trunk, I thought it might be a little big for this display and it turned out I was correct.


Which was a shame because it would have looked good on the luggage trolley! 


a closer look at the labelling


the inside

Now it's not got the tops to the locks, it didn't cost me an arm and a leg, yes it's old but maybe 60's 70's,

should I give it a new lease of life?


Among my bits and bobs I had these travel stickers, so I'm wondering about maybe adding them to this trunk to give it an international favour ( The other old stickers seem to all be around the UK ) These stickers are vintage style and once they are on, I have a man ( Paul ) who knows how to make them look older with a stain. Plus a nice piece of fabric stuck to the inside would look nice I think. Plus a couple of thick leather straps to close it outside.

So what do others think ? to leave? or not to leave? that is my question.

4 comments:

  1. I would leave it as a national travel trunk and get another one as the international one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good option, then I could make it a bit smaller , so maybe.

      Delete
  2. Leave it Sis! Good luck for the Chat and snap. Can't wait to see the photos so please take lots!! Station looks fantastic by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Is there anybody there? " I could swear I heard something..... ;) I will endeavour to take looks of photos of the event

      Delete