Thursday 9 November 2023

A NEW ADDITION TO THE SASHA FAMILY

 Well yes I am supposed to be downsizing and not adding to any of the doll groups, although Sasha's are not really on the going list. 

So I was talking to a good friend and she mentioned she was going to sell one of her dolls and sent me a photo. After chatting about the doll I decided that since I really liked her I'd buy her.


So this is Henrietta or Hettie for short. She was called Hattie at her last home but naturally there can be only one Hattie in the village, so she agreed that Hettie was the next best thing.


Such a sweet face, with real hair wig, her plaits are behind her back


She came in this lovely lime green dress and Petrana shoes.


Here she is at her last Mum's house in a lovely blue dress set.

Now have you been thinking, she's been selling all those things so she could buy a Studio doll? Well you'd be.... wrong!

This is not actually a studio doll ! This is a hybrid! Yes she's made with an old course doll body that the head was damaged, Chris then using a Sasha studio doll mould, recast a face in clay , painted it and sent it off to Shelly to paint the eyes, then it was fixed to the body. It's all signed and dated on the back of the head. She's wearing a real hair wig and is just so sweet.

So all the look of a studio doll with none of the expense and worry. Result say I as it's about the only way I'd ever have such a doll with the look.

I've been looking for some clothes she will also fit in and found this dress.


I also knitted her a nice warm red sweater after I bought her a new pair of trousers, it was ready and waiting for when her trousers arrived today.



Looking nice and warm, she's enjoying her new outfit and her new home.

2 comments:

  1. She's lovely, and Shelly did an absolutely amazing job of painting her eyes! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Shelly is a very talented artist as is Chris.

      Delete