Tuesday 7 November 2023

HOW DOES YOUR MIND WORK?

 So Chat n Snap over for the year! Everything almost returned to where they were before the day, apart from ,of course, the new items.

Now how does your mind work? I ask because this is how mine does.

I bought the double sided working clock for the station platform, which I don't want to just put away in it's box until it may be needed again or not! It would be a waste and it's a nice little clock.


My first thought was to put it up in the doll studio and then I'd be able to see the time easily. Then Paul says " What about fixing it to Granny's shop front ? "


Good call but...


Ah ! I say there is a edging that the clock bracket is too big to fit between!

" Oh I'll add a bit of wood and fit it to that!"

" What! Add some old piece of wood to my beautiful shop front , sticking out, looking naff!" I reply

An hour later the minds worked and I say " I know! You can make me another shop front and it can go on that one "

How his mind works " You don't have any room for another shop front! So no "  Don't people who think practically annoy you?

So the cogs start twirling and result ! " I know you can make the shop smaller in length, a door and a small window, after all that Granny could do with some competition ! A nice older gentleman I can see him now! From Greece, George Popodopolous, green grocer and gentleman, who takes a shine to Granny who is having none of his wily ways , though secretly pleased at the attention " It may not be a green grocer, there are many other shops that could be needed in the village..

Seems I may get a new shop front next year... maybe.... 


5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! That's the trouble with minds that never stop working Dee...they always find something else to be done. Love the clock BTW.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true lol The clock is lovely , hugs xx

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of a clock on the shop front. You see a lot of ornate clocks on the facades of old buildings, and inside too. I've heard that nowadays, retailers avoid having clocks because they want shoppers to loose track of time and spend more money. I think granny would probably subscribe to that theory. Maybe she would fix the clock so it ran backwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. They can look really good on old buildings. When I was in the bank and the branch was refurbished they removed the clock, because they didn't want people realising how long they may have had to wait! I think Granny would have it running on her time, going slow, so no one knew just how long they'd been browsing!!

    ReplyDelete