Tuesday 28 October 2014

CHATTING AND SNAPPING 2014 PART THREE

THE COURSE DOLLS, OF COURSE!! :)


Earlier in the year I bought my first course doll and while I was waiting for her to arrive from Switzerland, Diane and Dawn met up and a photo of several of their course dolls was shown on the Sasha doll FB group.

It gave me the idea to ask anyone who could to bring their course dolls to this years Chat N Snap so people could see just how nice these dolls are.

Above is the gorgeous group that turned.


Again the face mould is the same but each maker on the courses taken by Sasha Morgenthaler finished their doll in the way they wished, wigging and dressing them.


The doll in the tube was purchased by Dawn Law's as a course doll but one day a photo of her along with others appeared on  Sasha site and she was contacted by one of the Anne's in the US and told she believed that it was in fact not a course doll but a very early Studio doll and could she bring it over on her next visit to a US Sasha Festival so this could be confirmed. Dawn did take her over and it was confirmed that this is in fact a rare early studio doll.
The next Sasha Festival is in Fort Worth ,Texas next year ,details of which can be found on any of the Sasha sites.


These dolls are very tactile and soft and lovely to hold, just like having a baby in your arms.


This little lass on the left is my girl sitting beside Joyce Jordan's two girls. They look so nice together and that bench fits three so nicely, I may just have to acquire another two in the future when I see just the right ones!


These two belong to Diane and the young lad on the right was the only boy course doll attending.


a very pretty brunette


This young lady looks very serious while her friend behind looks very happy to be here.


A very smart young lady in a studio style coat and hat with her friend in a pretty black floral dress and red ribbons.

a close up.

 another.




So a total of seventeen course dolls and one studio doll attended this years Chat n Snap.



********************************************************************************

14 comments:

  1. Lovely - I'm converted and on another slippery slope but , wheeeeeeee! I love skiing and sliding! A couse kid could be in my future, maybe.
    Calm down, Bruce! It could be worse....Dee might have been showing me seventeen studio dolls.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so worth getting at least one...maybe two...:) yes Bruce it's a very reasonable slippery slope! Honest ! :)xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh thank you Dee!!! I love seeing the beautiful Course Dolls at your Chat n Snap gathering. It is so nice to see them up close to appreciate their face painting. I like seeing them in their full view too where their beautiful outfits to includes dresses, pants, hats and shoes are visible. Their different hair styles and colors and textures all work together with their unique paintings and outfits to make for a spectacular doll and a treasured art form.

    I think your idea was spot on to invite the Course Dolls and it's nice that so many were able to bring their special dolls. Thank you again for sharing them here on your blog! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Ginger, I just wish I'd had more time to have a good look at them and their clothes! I now want one in a nice studio style outfit :) They were lovely to see in such a beautiful group.
      I would have loved to have had a photo taken of each one,so that we could see them more clearly but that is the problem, there's so much going on that you only think of these things after the event!! :) xxxx

      Delete
    2. Luckily I did try to take individual photos of most of them, NO time though for any good posing as quite a few had already left for home although three very kindly came back in from their cars for a late photo. (I could have done with that five o'clock finish like last year).... BUT I'm still having trouble getting into my wordpress blog to do a post or two so it is going away for the day tomorrow to try to have the problem diagnosed and hopefully sorted.

      Delete
    3. Oh good Kendal, I will look forward to seeing them on your blog later :) Yes I think it will be back to the five o'c finish next year!

      Delete
  3. Hi Dee the course dolls are wonderful and i really enjoyed looking at them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Ginger, I wish I could see them all again! :)xxx

      Delete
  4. Great to see the course dolls! I had one but sold it about four years ago for the princely sum of £25!! Yes, I do regret it now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four years ago? £25? I think that's what Dawn said she paid for the course doll that turned out to be a RARE early STUDIO DOLL!!! .......... ;)...just jesting!!! I wished I'd bought that doll from your for £25....TWENTY FIVE POUNDS...... I mean what a BARGAIN......TWENTY FIVE POUNDS!!!! :))

      Delete
    2. Did you say TWENTY FIV... :))

      Delete
  5. These course dolls are so nice, I didn't expect to like them as much as I did. They look so much better in real life and these photos represent them very well! :)
    £25???? Blimey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! It's only when you actually see them in the flesh that you realise just how nice they are.
      Yes TWENTY FIVE POUNDS!!! :)

      Delete