Monday 31 August 2015

CONFESSIONS OF A SASHA SHOE- AHOLIC

Well because I have been tidying up my Sasha storage room ( small third bedroom in a normal house!) I have come to realise that over the last six years of collecting Sasha's I have also collected a very large amount of shoes!


Now I have sorted them into new large boxes and found ones left amongst other things etc I can see just how many I have gathered together!



The handmade ones by Jean Jensen, Ruth and Lisa Hartley and others and these do not account for the thirty odd Sasha's and Gregors standing about mostly in Rosie Bloom and Jean Jensen shoes.
or the ones that match an outfit and are kept with that outfit!


A few trainers !! and boots some of which are still in their bags unused!!


Commercially made shoes, the first type I collected.


My Lisa Hartley boots with the fur topped ones from Gayle Rotheim and I just know there are a few more pairs by Lisa lurking around!

There are also another box of commercially made boots and skates, a very small box of baby shoes and another small box of shoes.
I think I will have to go through these boxes and sell on some of the ones I have not used or have not used for a couple of years. That is the problem when you have things in lots of different places, you forget what you own and don't use them.

Well we had to go out again to buy another four boxes! Two more for the shoes and two of the second largest size but by doing them it's meant I could do away with two large boxes and move up some other boxes combined into the next size up and now have a few smaller boxes to use down the studio and two big boxes for Paul to use in his workshop...... well I say I gave him two big boxes ...


I kept this smaller box to put in all the things that I still will need to sort out if  I don't want to still be doing it for the rest of the week but I have just asked him to swap this box for.....




This Box....................Because I need more box!!!


I am now up to this stage...



All the smaller boxes on the left contain fabric apart from the third from the top which hold the Sasha quilts and bedding.All the new big boxes hold the Sasha clothing with the shoes and boots, well most of them in the top four boxes!

Well I now need to go and put everything left to sort into the big box and possibly another smaller box, then I can take a few photo's to share with you all tomorrow.

I would say if you are looking for shoes for Sasha check out my sales page this coming week as I will be putting some on there since I have not used them and I need to make space!

More photo's tomorrow ...... the work continues......


**** SHOES NOW ON SALES PAGE*******

********************************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful shoes Dee! I am at a loss to show my shoes on FB this week where they have asked us to share shoes. I am like you and most of my JJ shoes and Ruthsdolls shoes are either on the dolls as we speak or are stored with the matching outfit which helps a lot when you are ready to use that outfit once again. I do have a unique way of storing the shoes though that I will probably photograph for FB once day this week. I look forward to seeing the shoes that you will be selling! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem, we are using the ones we like best! :) or they are stored with their outfit!
      I look forward to seeing how you store your shoes. I have listed a few of mine on the sales page, which as made some space in one of the new boxes for some more! But I really need to be hard and reduce them..but then I think I may need that colour! lol :)xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Have you lost your oxygen bottle again? :)xx

      Delete
  3. That is an epic collection of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's certainly a rather large collection but I am sure there are people out there with MORE!! :)

      Delete
  4. .....and I think that might just be ONE of those people Denise, especially in the JJ sandal and commercially made converses ranges.... although you certainly have many more in the 'boots' category!!!

    Congratulations on the continued 'tidying and boxing-up' activities. All looking so much more tidier and organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you probably are Kendal in the JJ sandal's for sure! :) I do love the boots :))

      I'm glad I finally got round to doing it, it's so much better than it was but still a way to go on the sorting and moving on side!! :)

      Delete
  5. WOW that is a lot of footwear for Sasha/Gregors Dee!
    I have a lot of footwear here but for various dolls. I too am addicted to shoes and boots, but honestly one can never really have enough....even if it's the same pair that's being worn all the time! :)
    You're doing really great with the tidying up, keep at it girl, and you'll soon be done!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shame is Sharon, some have not been used for a couple of years and some not at all! So I am being good and selling some on and not thinking to keep them encase I need them!!

      I cannot believe just how much I have in that room! at least i will be able to find things now and over time whittle them down to fewer boxes..in a few years or so.... :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I think my dolls are really deprived looking at these, but you're doing a great job with your organising skills! Viv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my dolls are spoilt! :) But it always seems like you never have the right style or shade when trying to dress them well !
      I'm pleased with how the organising is going but still a way to go :)

      Delete