Sunday 16 August 2015

SUNDAY CATCH UP

Well not an awful lots happened Sasha wise this week but a few things have arrived and a few things have moved on.

I have worked all week plus Saturday ,due to other staff being on holiday , so have not had my usual day in the week to play Sasha and take photo's , so although I have another five and a half days coming up, I will try to get one of the story lines in my head onto the blog.

I have to say that I have had a lovely week, the weathers been good mostly, apart from some rain on Thursday and Friday. I received a wonderful gift from someone, which was totally unexpected and extremely generous of them. Unfortunately It's not something I can share here other than to say that I told them that when I had the opportunity I would pass the kindness forward.

I have also had cause to have such a good laugh this week which is good for the soul and wonderful for the spirit ! It's always amazes me what people can come up with.

I have managed to sort through three bags that I have just thrown things in when needing to move them from one place to another but then I leave it all in the bag !
So I sort three of them out.


The box in the corner will be in another post later this week.


The first bag I emptied was the bag from the 2012 festival which I had added things too over the last year, this is what was in side.


My programme from the Festival and my number, I'm not saying I was eager but I was number THREE!! :)
and this booklet will come in handy later for reasons to be shown in a later post! Yes another one!


The other items in this first bag included clothes from one of my Kids n Cats dolls, some toys and a bucket and spade and a few other items.


The second bag was full of Christmas items.


Sorting through this one I found a few things I can move on and sell and a few things to put away labelled up.


and the third bag contained yet more clothes and other items.


This bag had a few items I will sell on and others that needed to be sorted away into the correct place.
It's made me realise I will need to buy a few smaller plastic boxes with lids to label up and keep things in for the Studio.



Hattie kindly tried on this set I am going to sell with the little teddy but not the Rosie Bloom shoes!


and this set which I love but never use , the hat frames their faces so well.


HATTIE



ASHLEY





MEREDITH

********
And on Saturday Lindsey came back from France full of health , happiness and fired with the desire to get on with her art.
She very kindly said I could show you two of her piece's of work that she did while on her course.


A nude study in pencil.


A part painted nude in oil.

I am  not surprised by the quality of her work as she's been an Artist since she was capable of picking up something to draw with, but it is lovely to see her again creating. She tells me it will take many years of work to achieve a high standard and I know she is up to the challenge.



Well I have a couple of posts in the pipeline a sneaky peek below.



Thanks for dropping by, have a lovely week .


*********************************************************************************

10 comments:

  1. A lovely mixed post Dee.....At first, Idid wonder if it was going to be a Look-what-instant-food-we-bought-in-the-Co-op-so-I-don't-have-to-cook-after-a-long-week-at-work post, though, hee-hee!


    You have some lovely things to put away or sell - specially love that pink sweater outfit - who would have thought pink was Hattie's colour? She looks great in it. The turquoise set is very special and all your girls look fab in it.

    As for Lindsey's drawing and painting - amazing! Now THERE'S an artist! Hope she had a great time in France. Where will she continue her studies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for me Paul also does the cooking so we take it in turns and I have managed to get away most days on time but they did decide to do some road works on my route home!! Just to add a delay!
      Could not believe how nice those two pink items went together! Why do they always look great when you have decided to sell them?

      I have to agree about Lindsey even if I am her Mum :), she will now work from home.Will probably do another course next year. :)xx

      Delete
  2. Dee, I think you and I both have caught the organizing bug!! Good luck we the sorting of your Sasha things! So wonderful to have Lindsey home and her artwork is totally awesome!!! She is so very gifted and I love seeing her work. It is inspiring. <3. A great post and thank you for the good wishes too ! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginger, it's so satisfying when it all starts to look clearer and more organised. It's lovely having Lindsey home and seeing all the wonderful work she's done while away.
      Glad you enjoyed the post, I quite enjoy doing these Sunday catch ups! :)xxx

      Delete
  3. Considering you've worked so much you've been extremely busy sorting.

    Lindsey's artwork is brilliant I especially love the oil painting, even part finished it looks finished, proud mum :)

    Ooooooo I spy coats, can't wait for that blog hehe

    Thank you for another Sunday catch up, I do so enjoy them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have done more but have done it at my leisure and therefore only managed a few things but all going in the right direction.
      I to like the unfinished Oil I think it looks great as is and may try and see if she'll let me have it to frame ;)
      Coats? ;) Mmmm
      I enjoy doing them, thanks for catching up with us :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm very envious of all this sorting going on behind the scenes as it's a job I always hate and so am continually putting it off.... not until tomorrow or next week or next month.....but the YEARS are slipping by.

    Like Louise I too 'spied' Sasha coats!

    Now trying to think just how you are going to use the UK Festival Journal along with your recent visit to Stratford-upon-Avon!

    Love Lindsey's art work especially the unfinished oil canvas which I think looks much more dramatic left just as it is.....stretching our minds and imagination to picture it finished.

    Wasn't too sure about the mealtime cooking statement 'Paul and I take it in turns!!!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It very slow sorting Kendal, It should have all been done and dusted by now but i am always finding other things I should be doing!
      Coats ! ;)
      That journal's appeared at just the right time.. why will follow....soon...

      I have to agree about that unfinished Canvas, I am trying to acquire it .... :)

      I have been very good lately and taking my turn with the cooking unlike usual which can be two Paul one me!! :)

      Delete
  5. What a great catch up post Dee, you obviously work well at this even when you have been working a long busy week aswell....and just think of that extra money in overtime to spend on more Sasha things....to find a home for ;)
    I too had a great laugh this week.....I wonder were we laughing at the same things LOL?!
    Lindsey's art is fantastic, and I agree that the unfinished oil is just perfect....I would certainly want that on show, unfinished or not, it's definitely very good! I'm glad she had a good time and hope she'll let you share more of her artwork soon.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sahron ! lol Having to do this catch up post is quite an incentive ! :) They don't do overtime! I am just working some of the extra Fridays I have to do each year but instead of one or two a month I'm doing about five in a row! It gets them out the way but very tiring to do!
      I wonder if we were ? finding the same thing so funny ? could be ! :))
      I'm working on getting hold of that oil painting but like all artists she very protective of her work!
      I'll wait a while and see if she'll let me share some more once she's been home a few weeks. ;)xxx

      Delete