Sunday 30 July 2017

SUNDAY'S NEARLY OVER


This weekend's been spent in the garden, well not all the time but a few hours here and there. Paul worked down at the site for the Folly on Saturday morning. Clearing out the last two Laurel's and then cutting up the heavy trunks to enable us to get them into the car.
I was working Saturday Morning. then Paul was out in the afternoon, so I spent the afternoon doing housework and painting the dolls heads I bought.

The roses in the jug are from the Mortimer Sackler rose that we had to cut back hard today, Sunday, so that we could remove the metal arch. These blooms we brought inside, luckily most of the rest had finished.


The work site!


from the far side.


Before we moved the arch. like all garden projects now Paul's started digging out the foundations we have soil we have to lose in the rest of the garden.
So it's slowly beginning.

On the doll front I am selling off a few things to help pay for the unexpected No Navel plus I need to reduce the amount of clothes I have that I am not using!
Plus I see it as if I have sold some clothes , it will allow me to buy some new ones later down the line! mind you much later!

Well on Tuesday its AUGUST!!! I'll not say it! But it' also means that it will also soon be time for those doll shelf photo's , so best go see what they've been up to and see if you can catch them in the act!

I need to start working on the Chat n Snap which is rushing towards me, so more about that in the coming weeks.

Have a great week ahead  and enjoy breathing in that early morning air as the world starts to stir and a new day begins.



*********************************************************************************

14 comments:

  1. Yard work can indeed be time consuming, mostly because I find that I have to drag every tool I own out of the shed, and then drag it all back in again. Housework!?! You mean we really have to do that during the summer? I thought I read of about some kind of exemption...hmmm...

    I can't believe how fast the summer is going.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is especially when you only have time at the weekend ! Thanks for telling me that we get let off housework for the summer!!! I'm sending that hoover off on holiday!

      Same here.. time..... just vanishes...Dee

      Delete
  2. WOW! You're really getting stuck into the garden work! It's been very wet and windy here, so not much other than weeding has been done here. We are hoping August will stay mostly dry as we need to do more in the garden too! Can't wait to see the foundations of the folly :) Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mostly all happening over part or the weekend due to other commitments and it looks like August is going to be wet! Dee x

      Delete
  3. It will be worth all the mess and disruption in the end as your garden is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be worth the it in the end but it's such a long way off... :)

      Delete
  4. The rose flowers look sooo pretty in their jug!
    Thank you for the reminder - where has July gone???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I was really pleased with how they sat :)
      July? did we have it?.... :)

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh! This Folly looks like so much hard work! So hope that it will be well worth it. What are you going to do with the metal arch? Have you decided where that might go instead?
    Those cut roses look beautiful arranged in that jug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and it will be once we get to the end! I'm trying to make sure we clear and tidy as much as possible as we go, so we don't land up with a beautiful folly and two weeks of clear up!
      The metal arch is old now and will go but I have plans on how to replace it...
      That was just two sprays of the roses, I'll have to remember to cut some next year for indoors.

      Delete
  6. So much hard work Dee but it always looks like this before the new additions are made and then it will be so beautiful when its done and established. Kudos to you and Paul for really digging in this project. I look forward to seeing your unexpected no navel or has she appeared already? Thank you for a most interesting post. 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and it does indeed always look worse at the start! Hoping to tidy as we go, so it will no look so untidy!
      My friend was going to send her to me but I said no , wait until I've paid :) Glad you enjoyed the post! :) xx

      Delete
  7. How come as soon as you start to do major work in the garden the weather changes? It feels like autumn where I am at the moment (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So that's why! If only I'd known this earlier, I could have taken out the whole of June too! ;)
      and when your building you don't want very hot weather, it would be too hot to work! :)

      Delete