Sunday 6 May 2018

GLORIOUS WEATHER.. TIME TO BUILD DREAMS..

Well Saturday was HOT! in fact too hot for what we had planned, the building of the log cabin but thankfully my son in law Roy came round to lend Paul a hand which meant I could stay out of the sun most of the time.

I popped into town for supplies and when I returned Roy arrived and so at about ten am they started.


Checking levels and getting ready to cut down the composite boards that protect the wood from the concrete.


It didn't seem like five minutes later they were looking to place the window! I was coating the outside at the back and left hand side with wood protection each time they reached another three boards high, the other two wall I can do once it's up.


A room with a view!


Getting the door frame ready


Setting it in place.


Mmm I should be able to get my dolls in through that opening...


View from patio as it rises.


From other side... time to stop for lunch.


Getting ready to put in roof.


The sun blazing down..but ready for roof boards.


Paul waving from the roof.


Roof boards on, will need insulation and shingles later.


inside


Next it was time to put doors on.


doors on and view from back corner.


 and from the doors back to the far corner.


So seven hours later , with a thirty minute stop for lunch it's almost done!
Just roof insulation and shingles to go on and the insulation in the floor and the floor to go in. Then some paint /stain inside and out, a carpet and then it's move in time!!

They said it could be put up in two days and they are right. The roof and floor could be done in the second day. We however have to get the insulation and flooring, so it may not happen until after SCW next week. But it's UP and will soon be time to move in!!

I decided to take my shelf photo's outside yesterday late afternoon , then found I had a problem so could not use them, maybe you can see why...


I'd set a box on the side of the fish pond and placed a piece of wood on it to stand them on.


Yes , the new log cabin was right behind them!  So I had to take them down the garden for a second photo shoot, Hattie refused to come because she was busy! I Wren had to step in.



So we played balance the reluctant Sasha and finally got some photos.

You may remember than Elfine was annoyed she did not have a Petrana floral dress , well ....


 Well she's now a Happy Elf Princess because she has this beautiful purple one. Well I say she's happy but she'll never let on..


a closer view.


Well we've lots to do this bank holiday weekend , even if you remove the cabin from the list, so I best go start getting on with some of it.

I'll have lots to report back after my visit to the Sasha Celebration weekend, always a great photo opportunity for beautiful Sasha's and handsome Gregors.


So have a great week ahead and enjoy playing with those dolls.

Dee



*********************************************************************************

10 comments:

  1. Gosh! I hadn't realised that these structures can go up that quickly! It's almost like magic! Most impressed though sorry that it won't be entirely finished andvfully in use until after the SCW.
    Spotted a couple more of your latest new Petrana dresses. Very lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not either! It was indeed almost like magic, loved looking out and seeing it rapidly rising up.
      Yes it still needs some work before the clan and I can move in!
      Petrana will make me bankrupt with all the gorgeous dresses she's making.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of progress! The new cabin looks great; so nice and light inside. Here at Gregoropolis, we too get some occasional "continuity errors" when we photograph for several blog posts at once. I saw the new "power princess" on Shelly's site and thought to myself that she was certainly a "Dee doll". She's beautiful.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. It is! Wish the next part could be as quick but alas it will have to wait until after SCW. Continuity errors seem to be a regular occurrence round here !
      Like me adding Liz's photos to the end of this post and not the one before for doll shelf ! So alas the power princess is not mine but she most definitely could have been. Although Elfine in the words of The Highlander says ... There can be only one.... :)

      Delete
  3. You did a great job with the log cabin! The dolls will be so happy once they have moved in. It's amazing it was built so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did and yes all the dolls are very excited that they'll soon have a proper home. It was , saved so much time buying this cabin.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful photos of the log cabin assembly. It is amazing how quickly it took shape and I particularly like your photo of the just installed window. Lovely view!

    Your girls look beautiful in their Petrana dresses. A great post. 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger. It went up so fast, perfect for a person in a hurry! lol
      I'll be improving that view over time :)

      Petrana dresses in these florals are just sooo lovely :) xx

      Delete
  5. WOW it's lovely, and sooo BIG Dee, you're going to have a great time filling it with all your dolly stuff :)
    And the girls are all looking very pretty in their Petrana dresses, including Elfine, I'm very glad to see that she got one too :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Sharon but I just hope all my things will fit inside! lol
      Elfine is happy I think that she's now got a Petrana dress :) xx

      Delete