Saturday 3 August 2013

HAPPENINGS IN THE VILLAGE...

Thought I'd tell you of a few things happening in my Sasha village...

After my visit to the lovely Lady K and her Brood, I was inspired by a few of her Sasha waifs!
I was very taken with Harper, who I had also seen on Shelly's but was pipped to the post by the quick dial Lady K.


Here is Harper ..and friend!!

I also love this young unnamed Sasha in a cossette  Wig but with original eyes


This young lady I just adore! A sweetheart.I will call her Amy.

But unless I challenge Lady K to three rounds of fisty cuffs and the winner gets to chose three of the loser's Sasha's, these young ladies will be staying right where they are.I had best point out that Lady K would have to have one hand tied behind her back to give me a fighting chance, due to her sporting prowess, I would be lucky to escape without two black eyes and a dose of concussion! and the loss of my three best Sasha's ( that lady  has a perfect eye for a Sasha!) and she'd want Mossy as a winner's trophy...so I will not be going down that line!

So I decided that I would keep my eye open for a couple of possible Sasha's that could be my similar waifs.

Well a couple of weeks back I spotted a candidate for Harper, a very nice late 70's brunette at a good price which could only mean she had falling hair ( which of course was not mentioned ) so I snapped her up and yes her hair is falling, quite a bit but still very thick.
Now I did not want a direct copy so I sent my Sasha off to Shelly and asked for her to be repainted with deep blue eyes and I started looking for a suitable wig!

Now the best laid plans are always open to fate!
 Shelly sent me some photo's of my girl repainted ! and also wearing a lovely outfit that I had twice stopped myself from sending an email to buy , off her sales page!

Here are Shelly's photo's..


Love her in this outfit, which I of course then had to buy!


A lovely close up of her eyes. A  fabulous job by Shelly.

And what's happened  I love her like this! Love her hair style with these eye's , so no wig for this young lady
she will keep her falling hair for as long as possible and will be re wigged when she needs to be!

Now I bought her around the same time that Steve sent me Reuben for my birthday, so was going to make her Reuben's little miss ! and for that reason I was going to call her Stevie !
But as is the way with my stories, when I write other ideas form and take over! So at present I have other things in store for that rude little Reuben!
But this young lady will still be named Stevie because she seems to like the name and who know's she may land up with Reuben!!

So I am still on the lookout for a 'Harper' candidate! so back to square one....

Another thing happening is discussions about splitting the DH's workshop into two, so I can have a studio for all my Sasha village props.
Today between shower's we went into workshop and spent time working out how to split the space , so the DH still had a large area and I also had enough room for my studio needs!
Finally an agreement was reached, with the DH having the windows and the end double doors and me the single door and no windows!! but once the space is split and cleared we will work on either putting in a window and or extra lighting!
So I am hoping that by the end of the summer I may have my studio  and storage space for my props! Which of course means I can buy more!!! I mean which is wonderful   :)


16 comments:

  1. Fair's fair - it was his workshop first! I can't imagine ever getting a share of the workshop in our barn, not no how.
    I sooo want a Harper haired doll, too. Can't find a wig that looks like it though. Happy Sasha hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true Jenni but he does not use it much any more and it's filled with junk, so this is a good way of him sorting it out! I'm sure me being on the 'dark side' is telling..lol but he has just suggested putting some glass in the dividing wall to let some light through, so that will help!
      That is the problem with the Making of Harper two, finding the right wig! If I do I'll let everyone know !

      Delete
  2. Just clocking in in the hope that I'm here beore my friend.
    Will be back in a jiffy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K!! You sneaked on there and beat me!! Well Done you!!
    Stevie is a doll!! You know what I mean...she is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronny, I am so happy with what Shelly's done with her eyes.
      But next time I may have to send a bald girl, so I still get to use a wig!!!

      Delete
  4. Firstly apologies for the lack of the letter 'f' in 'before' above but there is no time for proof reading when SimplySasha is around especially having missed this morning's post point so I had to be doubly quick.

    Whilst being lucky enough to own a few rather top end priced Sashas it is, as you so appreciated on your visit up here, so often the much cheaper waifs and customised dolls with their unique characters that become my favourites.

    Stevie looks absolutely wonderful. A right little gem and in such a gorgeous eye enhancing outfit. (I looked at THAT too but delayed a little too long in making a decision as was wondering just how well it would fit Sasha!)

    How super of your husband to agree to share his work shed. Look forward to seeing the finished results later in the year!

    PS.Just to let you all know that we have had a super sunny and hot day up here with NO rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you should just put 'Here miss!' like in class for the register! save all that extra typing!!!!
    I must say I love Sasha's and Gregor's of all styles and types ( Well there are a couple I would not give house room) but in general a top of the range to a poorly waif that's battered and bruised would all be loved in this house but I am a lover of the one's with cut hair , it gives them such character and such a unique look. I know some sasha fan's only want the top end dolls and that's fine leaves the waifs and strays for the rest of us!
    I also think these Sasha's are very much in the spirit of what Sasha M was all about when she was hand making her dolls for children.

    I think I was lucky to get that outfit before it was snapped up and can see she'll be wearing a lot of blue!

    Pleased to say the DH is down in the shed dividing the space as I type! which could mean one of two thing's , he wants me to have my studio or he wants me and my props out the house!! I'll leave you to decide which!! lol
    Today is cool and blustery which I love, don't do 90c sunny weather! That's just NOT English!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a WONDERFUL idea, a 'Here Miss' would just fit the bill nicely. What a clever girl you are. I might even try to have it on my 'save, copy and paste key' for even quicker action?

      (Much better than in my rather 'upmarket' private first school where we had to reply with a 'Present, present' or an 'Absent, present' to the register....and which at the time I don't think that I really understood in my first years there.)

      When can you do me another post to try it out.... (preferably when you think that THAT 'SS' isn't likely to be around!) Perhaps we could pre- arrange a date and agree a set time?

      Delete
  6. Your new Stevie is beautiful and her outfit suits perfectly - I also saw it on Shelly's site but snoozed and loosed! Obviously it was meant for you.
    I'm not really well up on expensive Sashas and am still collecting by hair colour LOL
    But I think those called waifs have often more personality than those who have spent their lives in a box or cabinet. Certainly the Sashas from the Village have stories and history which make them real!
    Good luck with your new studio, don't doubt Mr Dad will customise shelves etc for you - lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. Stevie is definately a 'blue' girl!
      Totally agree on waifs's having had lives not just looked at the world from a glass cage!
      At least the studio space is started and hopefully will be finished before the winter sets in, so I can use it for a while!!
      I'll wait until I have the space before I start putting in my 'requests' :)

      Delete
  7. Hello Dee, I am the worlds worst when it comes to keeping up with the blogs, sorry!
    I was just catching up with your Reuben's story's, lol, horrid little bear that is (but we love him really), lol. Dee, I want a book of his tales as I think they are fab. How you think up these stories I just don't know, lol.
    I think Stevie is lovely and I think her outfit is great too! I also looked at her dress on Shelly's (as I liked it to), lol.
    So do you think Stevie will be the Miss for Reuben? xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Steve , nice to know you have been catching up and are still talking to me :) Reuben is not horrid ! He just has standard's, he is the bear's answer to Mrs Bucket!! lol anyway it's your fault after his stop your's on his way here!! your girl's spoilt him!!!
      Glad you like Stevie( who is named for you ) and her outfit, looks like I just managed to get in there quick!

      Well I cannot say if Reuben will be picked by Stevie or another...only time will tell xxxxxxxx

      Delete
  8. Dee, I love your girls new eyes, they look lovely now that I see her all dressed up and with her hair hanging down like that! I can understand why you are reluctant to cut it all off. I have found some more wigs that might interest you, so I will email you the website.
    That is such a cute outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. That outfit does bring out the colour of her eyes and I just love her hair which is almost Black! shame that it's falling but I'll leave it as long as I can because it suits her so!

      That's good about the wig's it would appear I'll be needing one very soon ;)....

      Delete
  9. Stevie is marvelous - what eyes! Of course she looks great in blue, but almost any neutral, or peach-tone would accent her eyes - there's nothing like the intensity of blue eyes with very dark hair.

    I hope it will be a long while before she needs a wig, her hair is lovely- it looks so soft and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet. I will try her in those colours you mention.

      I to hope that she'll keep her hair as long as possible and I think if it all falls out i'll try and get her re rooted or wigged in exactly the same style and same colour!

      Delete