Sunday 9 February 2014

COLOUR....

I LOVE COLOUR!

 I am not and have never been a brown beige muddy dull colour person , I'm much more pinks, purple, blues ,greens, yellows , reds , bright's , pastels etc

Not however a big fan of orange! although with age I have learnt to appreciate it in certain things and certain shades, the same as browns, beige's etc. especially as these Sasha's do look good in brown's and taupe's and beige!

I also love pretty things! Does this mean I could have been a magpie in a former life! Maybe not as I am not attracted to all things that glitter!!

Which is probably why I love fabric's in all forms, curtaining, upholstery, clothes and crafts.

This week I received some quits and a wall hanging for the Sasha's. I am still looking for the perfect beds for them but have a very nice bed that is a good size but with no extra room, which is for Storm. Although now I think about it I do have a metal four poster bed , that I may get out and finally put together to see if it will suit!
Anyway I have used Storm's bed to show the one of the quilts that are meant for a larger bed.


This quilt is made by the very talented Nancy of dollpatchworks on etsy. Anne of Sasha Commoneo is where I found the information after admiring the lovely green mixed quilt hanging on a wall in their living room.


It's a Valentine quilt having the word love in some of the fabric pieces and all the lovely pinks and reds.It came with the two pillows that each have a heart shaped button in the centre.


Like in any home everyone wanted to try it out!


Mia and Quinn try it for size!


Mm Storm's arrived and is wondering why the babies are on her bed!


She finds Diggory and they try out the new pillows! Mm a little big for her but then it's not really meant for her bed. Diggory thinks his pillows fine but a little lonely!


That's better.

Later after Storm and Diggory have finished their nap and gone to look for some lunch......


an invasion takes place! All the babies except elton Ron who is staying with Aunty Gill while she knits socks for babies and toddlers, climb back on the bed along with several teddies and a few dogs!! Mum will not be pleased to see those dogs on the bed!!


Looks like some of the Teddies have stayed behind while mum puts up the second quilt as a backdrop, smaller squares on the red and back quilt will suit the smaller bed.


This is the wall hanging which I could not resist and will make a lovely backdrop for posts on the blog.


Shown here with the bed.


and here with the armchair that Catherine's sitting in.


Claudia stands next to the hanging to show the scale.

Now I just need to find that four poster that's been left in it's wrapping for the past three years!! due to having nowhere big enough to put it!!

I am really going to have to sort out a studio to keep all these props in this summer! I wonder how much room there is in the loft?????......

*******************************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. This is my SECOND attempt at commenting here.
    Had just finished writing a LONG comment when the computer 'jumped' and knocked me off your whole blogspot, loosing everything. So maddening and such a waste of my effort and time!
    Hope that my laptop hasn't caught Paul's computer bug!

    My someone's been having a little, no that's not true, more like a BIG spend.
    Loving everything both new and old.
    Smiled at how the bed had to be tried and tested for size and comfort by 'all and sundry.'

    Super wall hanging too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so annoying when that happens! Thanks for trying again and not giving up and going off for a cuppa!
      Yes I must confess that I did spend a little but they are from the US , so it's always cheaper to make your purchases at once to save on postage!
      I'm so glad I did, they are all so beautifully made and I love the colours. the Valentine quilt is especially gorgeous with all the pinks.

      Delete
  2. Just thought that my first original comment included ......although it unfortunately it made me feel rather sad as I remembered that I used to enjoy doing patchwork in the 'good old days' using the Laura Ashley fabrics and the hectagon shapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do patchwork but find that I have too many other things to do , so when I see some things like these , so beautiful and well made I am happy to buy them. I have so many plans for my retirement for making things, that I'll be a very bust person.... :)
      I also made a patchwork item of two out of Laura Ashley fabrics, you could buy the ready cut four inch squares in a mixed range of their fabric.

      Delete
  3. This is soo nice, Dee!

    The quilts are ment for the American Girl doll, so bit to big, but I don't mind and fold it like you do.
    The wallhanging is indeed a great background, so lovely happy spring-ly ;)
    ( I'm just back from a beekeepers meeting and thought immediately that the bees would enjoy it too *g)

    Btw; love them all together around the bed. And Storms overall. And Laura Ashleys fabric, of course.
    (Do we have 'ofcourse' in german? I so love to use it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne.
      It's all you fault from putting on that beautiful green and white mixed quilt hanging on your blog! :)
      I don't mind folding them to fit but I need a couple of matching beds for the clan as there so many of them!!
      The wall hanging was the first thing I wanted to buy and was so pleased that it fits the Sasha's, Nancy very kindly took a photo of her american girl doll in front of it so I could see the size against a doll.
      Storm's overall is by Ginny of A Passion for Sasha from last years range.
      I was a big fan of Laura Ashley, wore one of her dresses to my wedding reception, had her wallpaper and curtaining in three of my houses from the 70's until the late 90's and my kitchen blind is by Laura Ashley and I have fabric cut to make a large quilt for each of my daughters just waiting for me to get my act together!! So you could say I am still a big fan of Laura Ashley :)

      Delete
  4. What beautiful quilts these are, so pretty and colourful and obviously from the photos, very well made! I am with you with the bright colours Dee, you probably gathered that from the things I sew....I'm really not that into plain or dull but I just love bright fun fabrics that show up well in photos and in the sunshine....although it is absolutely bucketing down with rain as I write!!!! Actually that gives me a good idea.........oh dear, another idea, but when will I have the time to follow it through!!
    Love that wall hanging, it will indeed make a great backdrop. Some people are very creative, aren't they!
    I loved the photo of everyone trying out the bed, and the dogs too....a normal occurance in my house I'm afraid. Nice things and little doggy paws do not do well together to be honest.
    And I really look forward to seeing the four poster bed. You really do need that studio up and running, tell Paul, or the money you've spent is just hidden!!! And if we're spending money, well we might as well let everyone see what we've bought eh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I am so pleased I bought them. Yes I could tell you liked colour :)
      I am sorry to hear that it's raining....honest! :)
      I love to support creative people, especially when they care and take the time to product beautifully made things, not just turn things out that are not well made or are in terrible fabric or colours.
      I need a bigger bed for all those babies, dogs and teddies to get on together !! I am going to find that four poster and put it together by the end of the week and see if i should keep it or sell it on!!
      I'll tell Paul about Studio although he may just recommend I try selling some props to make room and also to stop buying them...and yes if we are spending on our Sasha's we like to share our finds, it's only polite ! :))

      Delete
  5. Das sieht ja sehr gut aus, Dee. Der Wandbehang mit den Blumen ist grossartig. WOW so ein schönes Bett. Storm ist ein Glückspilz (lucky devil). Ja, die Farben passen gut, die Wandbilder, der Bettüberwurf, Storms Kleidung, die Baby Kleidung - einfach alles.
    Ich mag Laura Ashley auch jaaaa! Ich habe vor kurzem Laura Ashley Regenschirm und Gummistiefel gekauft. Sie sind superschön:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich bin sehr froh, dass Sie all die Farben und die Kleidung mögen., Es ist wahr, dass ich hatte das Glück, diese schönen Dinge zu kaufen.
      Ihre Stiefel und Sonnenschirm klingen sehr schön :)

      Delete
  6. Very beautiful quilts, love them! I love seeing the babies and bears sharing the bed. Everyone having a great time. It makes a very pretty back drop too. Wonderful photos Dee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! So pleased I bought them. Thanks Ginger. I do love playing with the babies :)

      Delete