Friday 14 February 2014

VALENTINE SURPRISE ! AND....

TALKING DOLLS!

Despite having to sell a few of my Sasha's recently ,a Sasha collector is always wheeler dealing!! which basically means I have purchased another doll!
My new doll arrived today Valentine's day and although I had already settled on a name when I bought the doll, in the last few days the name Valentine kept coming to the fore. Then low and behold the doll arrived today while I was out shopping.

When I was very young I had an uncle Val , he was my great uncle's brother in law and I would see him when we visited my Nan and Granddad at Christmas and Easter and on the odd Sunday as my Great Aunt and Uncle rented the upstairs rooms of the house where my grandparents lived.
Val would always be accompanied by his sister Hetty , both unmarried, so lived together but would always come for the big yearly celebrations.
Val was a very tall thin man and very shy and it was not until I was in my early teens that I asked what the Val stood for.
Hetty told us that it stood for Valentine as that was the day Val had been born and so he'd been given that name.I remember saying what a great name to have, which pleased the shy elderly Val.

Well Val seems to have been very much in my thought's today and when I arrived home  my parcel was here. I decided I would name the doll Valentine.
Now this is where the 'talking ' doll comes in. I had bought myself a unisex slated eyed brunette gotz having wanted one for a while but kept missing out then I saw this one who had a lovely face and did a deal and then she was on her way!

Yes I say she because that was what she was going to be a lovely brunette girl BUT when I opened the parcel and unwrapped her , HE looked back at me!
But I wanted a GIRL ! but HE was having none of it! Maybe I should have realised as today I had been thinking ' how do they know that uni sexed Gotz are unisex and not boys! After all you have no nose girl's and boys and Trendon girl's and boy's and even  no navel girls' and boys, so how come slated eyed are girls and unisex? I know there are sharp nosed boy's Are they the boy to the girl ? So how come this is the only group that as uni sex dolls?

Anyway He!  Valentine ! Looked back at me and said clear as day BOY! I showed him to Paul and explained about unisex dolls and he said " Well his a boy!" WHAT! I wanted him to be a HER!
I was not to be defeated so easily , I gave THE doll a wash and washed THE doll's hair and then sorted out some clothes, a set of boys and a set of girls...so here are the photo's!!!



After the wash and awaiting some clothes.


I put boy's clothes on first so when I dressed THE doll in girl's clothes I could leave them on.


The hair is not so thick like lots of other unisex although there is plenty of it. Valentine is looking pleased with this look.....


Then I put on the girl's clothes a lovely dress set by Ginny that I had bought and not got round to using and had bought down to change one of the other girl's into. I think THE doll looks awkward in this photo?


The hair is still water from washing.


I tried a photo of Valentine with Simone.


and with Duncan !


I tried leaving THE doll in the dress but THE doll was not happy! Paul told me not to even put HIM in a dress!!! I of course ignored him!


Well my Valentine surprise was I thought I was getting a GIRL but it would appear that a BOY arrived!
Don't you wish these doll's would not talk sometimes!!


                                                              HAPPY VALENTINE EVERYONE

*****************************************************************************

16 comments:

  1. Haha! Thank you Valentine..... I try and try to see the unisex dolls as girls but every time I see one on Shelly's site, I wish somebody would take the dress off that poor boy! Hair bows, not withstanding, they are all little lads to me. But then, I see boy when I should see girl sometimes amongst long haired Trendons, which is why I asked others for opinions about Rory - my love of Gregors is becoming legendary, I think.
    I do hope Valentine turned up with a dozen red roses or a heart-shaped box of choccies for you.
    J xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how we all see them differently! which is probably just as well. I knew I could have forced him to become a girl but he was just so HIM when he arrived!
      I do have a soft spot for the boys myself :)
      I'm afraid he just turned up with four doughnuts but hey that works for me!!! Lol

      Delete
  2. I have to say that I do think that this is a BOY! I can see 'girl' in a lot of the unisex dolls but this one just screams "I'm a BOY!!" at me! I wonder if the hair at the front were sort of pulled down more into a fringe it might help, but even in the photos of him with a soft fringe, he looks like a boy to me. A very handsome boy I might add!
    And I love the name Valentine for him. In my first job, my bosses name was Mr Valentine but everyone called him Val, he was a lovely gentle man.
    Finally, I just noticed something on Valentine, if you look at his hair line, it is really very different from your little girl Simone's hairline. Is that right, or just the photo? Maybe that's a bit like the Trendon Gregors where their hairline seems to be quite different from the girls, lower down their forehead almost. Maybe the 'unisex' aren't that at all and are really boys!!!!
    Well all I can say is, whatever The Doll is, she/he is lovely and if his lack of clear gender concerns you in any way, you can always send him for a holiday in Spain!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you agree! He does not havethe usual large amount of hair that the unisex's usually have, so this I think is what makes him apear more boyish! My Uncle Valentine was a lovely chap and this little one seems to favour him, so Valentine or Val he now is! :)

      I think he's hair's just not been put in right , maybe the hair rooter went off 'piste' :)
      I'm sure that Spain would be way to hot for him this time of year!! :))

      Delete
  3. You kept that one quiet then until now!
    How lovely to give yourself a doll for Valentine's Day. (I hadn't thought of that one to add to my list of dolly giving days.)
    Judging from the photos above I too think that with the hair swept to the side that he looks to be a rather handsome lad too. Most appropiate name.
    A very happy Valentine's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm not actually supposed to be buying any new clan members at the moment!! And it was just a fortunate coincidence that he arrived today , Valentine's Day I Think it was meant to be!!
      He is most definately a Handsome lad.
      Happy Valentine's Day to you Kendal
      Dee xx

      Delete
  4. What a nice story! I wasn't in a very good mood today when I went home from work, but reading this story put back the smile on my face.My favourite sentence is "I put boy's clothes on first so when I dressed THE doll in girl's clothes I could leave them on". I think the direction of the rooting line is quite unusual on this doll, isn't it? I haven't really looked very carefully at the rooting lines of other Unisex dolls so maybe this is only what I feel and I may be wrong - but I I think it is unusual that the rooting line is somehow different. It is shown cleary in the picuture where Valentine is standing next to Simone, her rooting line is different from Valentine's. Maybe it is only in the picure and not really this clear in "reality"? I don't know, but I think it's interesting and might have an effect on the "Unisex" look which isn't that clear on that special doll - I too think this doll is a (very nice and handsome) boy and a very special one, you can be happy to have him in your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad we brightened your day :) Well I was so hoping that once in a dress he'd see the error or his ways!! but NO he just looked disgusted ! lol so he had to go back into the boys clothes!
      I think his hair line is unusal ! may be the rooting machine went wonky that day or it was a beginner! But this could be why for a unisex he looks like a boy!! because the fringe goes over to the side.
      I am very happy he's in my collection but it means I may have to buy another :))
      Any old excuse ;)

      Delete
  5. "Having to buy another" is a good thing and a good excuse. What I like very much about Sasha dolls is that even two dolls of the same style can have a really different look - depending on the length and fullness of their hair and on their lip painting for example. So you will never find two exact copies of the early dolls and this means you will always "have to buy another". Great thing, isn't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree :)
      I love that the older Sasha's and Gregor's have a character all their own! It is indeed great!! :)

      Delete
  6. So sorry you didn't get you girl ;)
    He really does look like a boy (and yes, quite akward in the dress). It really is something that Sashas/Gregors really do let one know if they are male or female.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is worth it! He does have the most wonderful look to him!
      It is truly amazing how these dolls decide What they are! and we just have to agree :)

      Delete
  7. You are right - he looks like a boy, even in girls outfits. Congrats to Valentin!

    Unsisexes are obviously very special. - does he has to belong to any Sasha-Group?
    Are there not always exceptions to the rules?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely a boy! which is actually very good because most people seem to dress them as girl's so he is quite rare!!!!!! lol

      No Valentine does not want to belong to any group , he want to be an exception to the rules! he'll get on well with Hattie! Oh no! Not two of them........:))

      Delete
  8. Dee, he is a boy and he looks wonderfully handsome in the red outfit. He is actually a dream boat :). Congratulations on your new arrival, Val, on Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete