Tuesday 4 November 2014

IN PRAISE OF 68

The year I love from the Sasha production is the 1968.

 These Sashas and Gregors have the most beautiful eyes. You can as I have found get 68 with the NP painted eyes an added bonus being you don't have to pay NP prices for them.


At present I have two 68 girls. Belinda ( Belle) a single fringe blonde with a wide face and Jenni a brunette 68 waif.


I do love the single fringe girls but it's the eyes that count with me.So not every 68 will appeal but it can be a close run thing!


I also have two 68 boys with NP eyes! Robin my 68 shorts boy was a fabulous find on E bay, I did not realise his eyes were NP until he arrived and I sent Shelly a photo asking if she could confirm what year he was. I just knew I loved him.
Erik my blonde 68 NP eyed boy came from Shelly's website and is another gorgeous 68.


Robin is wearing a sweater by Michelle and cords by Ginny, ( A Passion for Sasha) Belle and Jenni are wearing Ra Ra sets by Sharon with Jean Jensen shoes and Erik is wearing a Judith ( Dolly Doodles ) special.


Robin and Jenni have brown eyes.I have always thought it a shame that they did not mix up the eye colours more, with blue and green eyes on all hair colours and brown on the blondes.


Belle and Erik are your classic blue eyed blondes.


and those eyes are truly beautiful.


So we have Jenni, Belle, Erik and Robin but plenty of space here for a few more when the right ones come along. I did have a 68 brunette very minty still with sand falling from his joints but I did not take to him , so he was adopted. I have seen another brunette boy now and then but none that have made me 'want' them.So I will keep looking.


So for now it's the magnificent four!


after all what's not to like about these four !


:)


Mind you I am having a non Sasha/Gregor buying year next year........I am......... I am........well unless the perfect doll appears....  :)


********************************************************************************

8 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous dolls, Denise. Like you I'm a great fan of the 1968 dolls.
    Thanks for this post.which reminds me of their superb eye-painting. Belle has always been my very favourite of all your dolls...... but is now also joined by Robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendal, they are my Favourite of the English dolls. I love the No navel's of the German dolls.
      Belle eyes are just gorgeous and of course Robin is fantastic ! But I would say that as they are mine! :)xx

      Delete
  2. Super post! I am a also a fan of the 68/69 kids. A non buying Sasha year is great, really liberating although I spent everything I saved from not buying dolls to buying cars and ended up with five VW Beetles ...a lot harder to store as they don't fit on a bedroom shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are a lot of Sasha peoples favourite year. Mm a non buying Sasha year that may mean I land up with five car's on the drive!! Maybe I'll just have a restricted Sasha year only allowed to but three! Mm I am liking this thinking..... :)

      Delete
  3. They are all gorgeous Dee! I love the 1968 dolls with their lovely eye painting--brown or blue--they both look fantastic!! Your boys are especially handsome and the girls look beautiful in their ra-ra outfits! It is nice to see them all in a row! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger, this year is so gorgeous , I could happily just collect them! But then I do like my No Navels too! :) Sharon's Ra ra outfits are so lovely:)xx

      Delete
  4. I could have sworn I'd already commented on this post, but obviously I was having a senior moment!
    Lovely lovely kids, gorgeous eyes....I too am a fan of the 68 and 69 eye painting. I often can't tell those two years apart aswell....my Kilt is supposed to be 1969 but her eyes are very much like my 1968 redhead....then my 1969 PJs Fair is similar too......oh knickers, they're all lovely really aren't they!!!!!!
    Big hugs Sharon xx
    PS Robin is pipping Zac to the post in the race to be my favourite of your boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happens to me all the time! :)
      The 68 and the 69's are so nice , just the perfect Sasha's and Gregor's to collect!
      Poor Zac he will be ad that your affections passed on to Robin :(
      Hugs Dee xx

      Delete