Tuesday 12 May 2015

THINGS ARE DROPPING OFF EVERYWHERE!

Well I had given Mabel Lucie a wash, a photo shoot for the door gift and was about to redress her when..... one of her arms dropped off! I knew she was loose but... anyway while I was looking at the arm that was off the second one decided to join it!!

Of course did I have any cord to re string her? No , so I tried to re string for now with the string she has but her hooks in the arms are quite long, so by the time Paul had pinched the hooks over the string, her arms were on but very floppy!

However she will have to remain that way until I can find the right cord and re done her arms.

Finally I was able to dress her in a pair of dungarees that I just knew would look nice on her and in keeping with her 'old' world look.


I bought these thin navy with tiny pink spot Dungarees, which came with a pink and white long sleeved striped top from an America lady off ebay and I just love it.


She's not looking too bad even with her arm problems.


I am loving this little waif's look.


x


Mabel Lucie is looking at another thing that dropped off! Well it did not drop unfortunately a day of quite strong wind broke my tree peony ! Of course the worse damaged part was the stem with the only flower on it!!


But Paul cut the stem and I put the flower into this white jug and over the next two days it's opened up to this gorgeous deep pink flower.



Shame it could not stay on it's stem but hopefully next year we'll have some more to enjoy.


*********************************************************************************

6 comments:

  1. For the last 45 years she has had no problems ....has been with you 5 minutes and the poor girl's arms drop off...isn't there a Childline designed for Sashas I can contact ? :)
    You Brute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She said it was relief as she'd been worried she may land up back in the Ice Palace, she'd been so tense , when she finally relaxed , her arms just dropped straight off ! :))
      She's happy now she knows she safe and I told her you'd turned over a new leaf..........

      Delete
  2. .....or it could possibly be the result of TOO much playing with since she's obviously the 'flavour of the month!'!
    A beautiful peony bloom though unfortunately not being admired in the place that it should have been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mabel does look sweet in that outfit, I love overalls and dungarees on our lovely girls. I like the peony too, they were the flowers that my dad picked from the garden and took upstairs to my mum when she'd just given birth to me :) (Bit of useless information there!)
    I hope you're able to get the right elastic for Mabel's arms, I have a link to a seller of the right stuff apaprently, on ebay, just let me know if you want it.
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alas poor Mabel! Surgery sounds inevitable. But you do have a lovely new outfit to cheer you up.

    Tell Mrs. Mum that next year, she'll have lots of lovely new peonies and, if they are anything like mine, the day they come fully into bloom, rain will follow to batter the poor, beautiful things to bits. My Dad always called them storm flowers for exactly that reason - but they are gorgeous whilst they last!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mabel looks perfect in that pretty dungarees outfit. What a sweet girl she is, just a heart grabber! I am sure you will have her arms back on and tight before we know it. A lovely peony too! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete