Friday 26 June 2015

NON SASHA.....

Off topic with regard to Sasha's, I just had to share my new doll with you all. I have wanted one of these girl since they first appeared on the doll scene. But of course there was always a Sasha or a Gregor or their clothes that took all my doll funds but I saw this girl on offer on www.petalinadolls.co.uk and thought now was the time to add her to my doll family.

I was raised with a love of history and film, so as a child would wander around Medieval castles and Abbey's around the country with my sisters and brother following after my parents, so you could say it's in my bones! Then there was nothing like sitting on a Saturday and or Sunday afternoon and watching old films of Knights and Ladies winning through against the evil Baron! Then going out to play and re-enacting the films we'd seen.

Also I was raised in South London within spitting distance of the river Thames, in the days when children roamed free and just had to be in before it got dark! So The National Gallery and Portrait Gallery. The Jewel Tower, Westminster Abbey , The houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square and the Tate Gallery as is was called then were the places I played and wandered the corridors of.

The V & A , the  Natural History and Science Museums places of wonder and desire.

Hyde, St.James and Regents, Battersea parks were vast area's of green for children to traverse.

I walked the shore of the Thames when the tide was out and the embankment when it was in. This is what gave me the love of the bones of history that formed this fine country.

So the girl I am going to introduce pulled at my 'bones' as soon as I saw her and I was not disappointed when I finally opened her box and removed her.


Here she is Matilda a Tudor from the range A Girl For All Time.


I just love this girls face and the look.


I love the clothing of the Tudor period, amongst others and this girl looks just perfect.


A closer look.


She fits right in!


Her surrounds feel quite familiar to her .


These gardens could have been made just for her!


.



a view of her lovely long hair.


She looks so right as if hurrying along on important business.


I could show you more photo's but since she's not a Sasha you may not be interested, so I'll finish the photo's here.

For those who don't know these dolls, they are a range of dolls that represent a family The Marchmonts over the century's of English History.
Matilda is the Tudor
Lydia is the Georgian
Amelia is the Victorian
Clementine is from 1940
and a new 60's girl is due out later this year.

I hope you enjoyed this look at Matilda, if you wish to know more you can look on www.agirlforalltime.com which will show you all the girls and their stories.
And yes I will be getting another one or three... Hey I'm a history lover it's research.... :)



*********************************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. Well as you know I have Amelia but it was Clementine that took my fancy, yet I must admit that Matilda does look very beautiful in her Tudor clothes. The question is does one purchase a Matilda or make the outfit for Amelia??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Michelle You know the answer! You buy Matilda and make Amelia a Tudor dress ! simples! :)xx

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post Dee. I really enjoyed reading about your love of history. Matilda is beautiful and what a gorgeous outfit. She looks perfectly at home in your lovely garden. Beautiful! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger. I have to agree that this girl is beautiful and the outfit gorgeous :)
      her fitting so well into the garden was an added bonus! :)xxx

      Delete
  3. I love my Matilda too but can't take such good photos of her as you do, Dee.Yours are fab.

    As to Michelle's question, I believe dolls like a same size friend, sibling or, in this case, family tree member to share clothes with, so I'd avocate at least two.......but who to have next? Lydia? I like her sweet face but am not over fond of the extravigances of her era. Clemmie? Maybe?

    My confusion over which one to buy is keeping me from spending more money, but it might count against me because I just MIGHT have to buy them all...... Does Paul know this is going to be an ever growing group of dolls? I'm not telling B, just in case I feel the need to get carried away......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to have the garden which helps so much when taking photos of the dolls.

      Michelle wanted Clemmie first so I am sure she'll get her and then I think she should make them both clothes of both their era's.

      I think I am going to go with buying one of each over time, I definitely want Lydia and Amelia :) slip slip... these dolls slopes...

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful doll! That outfit is stunning - and really goes to well with the stone pathway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Js, I think so too and that pathway could have been made for her! :)

      Delete
  5. Your formal 'box' garden is the PERFECT setting for this doll's Tudor dressed photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks lovely Dee, I'm glad she's arrived safely and that you're happy with her. I really like how she glides along the pathways in your garden, the box hedge is just the prefect height for her. I didn't know that they're bringing out a 60s girl next, I really look forward to seeing her, seeing as I am a child of the 60s!
    I look forward to seeing more of her here on your blog....and just because it's a Sasha village, doesn't mean you can't 'spread the love' and show us other dolls, does it!
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I don't even care what the joints look like, I just love her face and her clothes! ;) Yes I was really pleased with how good and realistic it looked with her in the box garden, I could imagine her hurrying along on an errand for Queen Elizabeth the 1st !
      I'm looking forward to seeing the new girl and what she looks like when she's released later this year ;) xx

      Delete