Wednesday 10 February 2016

IN TO THE WOODS....


The message had been clear... Come to Langley , need help, come alone...


"They are never going to sneak up on anyone making that racket!" says Gunther
"Aye laddie you'll no be wrong there!" sighs Sir Walter.


"How does that song go? " asks Percy
"Which one? " questions Erik
"The one about wandering"


"Oh " says Erik " You mean" and he starts to sing " I love to go a wandering along the mountain track!"
"No that's not the one " cuts in Percy " and we're in the woods not the mountains !"


Sir Walter shakes his head in disbelief " I don't know why they did not just bring a picnic and the girls ! with the amount of noise they are making!"
Gunther nods in agreement


"We'd best catch up with them before they get in trouble" Sir Walter starts to climb off the fallen tree .


Finally the boys go quiet and start paying attention to what's around them.


Meanwhile up ahead they are being watched .


The boys stop " I think we're meant to turn here and head towards that second tree "


"Youre sure it was the second tree? " asks Erik
"Yes, second right look for the fallen tree, wait and I'll come " confirms Percy " That's what the message said"


It's like a herd of elephants ! thinks the watching boy



"Maybe we should have brought more of our brothers! What if it's a trap!" says Erik quietly
"He said to come alone and there's two of us, four if you count Gunther and Sir Walter "
"Well if he wants to be saved , he's got to take what's on offer !" says Erik getting irritated


 x


"Second tree on the right " says Erik " Can you see anyone? "


Gunther calls down softly from the branch he's on " No but I feel like we are being watched!"


"I'l have a look round the back " says Erik moving carefully to the tree trunk.


"Can you see anyone? " whispers Percy, Sir Walter stand ready to combat any trouble.


"No " says Erik sounding disappointed " No one !"


Silently someone appears up in the tree.


"Could you not have made more noise!" a voice suddenly demands

Erik jumps back from the tree trunk and looks up

"Said only for ONE person to come get me, not a circus! " said the boy angrily


"You should perhaps not bite the hands that save you " says Gunther softly from his place on the branch near the stranger.


"Yes " calls out Erik " you asked us to come save you, we did not have to come!"


The boy turns his head and Gunther catches the slight sheen of tears in his tired eyes.
"Be calm lad " he says softly " you are safe now or will be soon. I can see the journey's taken it's toll on you, lets get down and start the way home "
The boy shudders and nods , taking a deep steadying breath and starts down the tree.


Part way out of the woods the boys have to stop so their new friend can rest, he's very tired from being on the run for so long and he's also hungry.The rescue party feel bad as they did not bring any food.


"What happened to your hair? " asks Erik


The boy shudders slightly " I was tortured " Erik and the others gasp in shock " They gave a child some sharp scissors and left me with her "
Everyone sits shocked at his barely heard words, his voice so quiet " But I did not talk.... no I did not "


Gunther comes and sits by the boy " Youre safe now , Mrs Mum will take care of you and never let anyone hurt you again"
The boy almost smiles but not quite " I heard tell of Mrs Mum and the Sasha village which is why I headed this way then sent the message when I realised we'd not make it without some help "
"We? " asks Gunther
" We? " says the boy " I meant me...I'm so tired  and so hungry !"


Gunther nods and smiles but he's heard something out in the woods following behind them as they've headed back towards the road. He decides not to say anything , he'll come back later and check it out but first they need to get the lad home, so he can eat and rest.


Soon the woods are once again empty and quiet  ... save for the soft sound of some one sobbing........." Jamie....." a small voice sobs




*********************************************************************************

10 comments:

  1. If you go down to the woods today you are sure of a big surprise :)
    Super outdoor post Dee...and what's more it isn't raining!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simples :) If it had been raining we would have been indoors ! :)

      Delete
    2. You are getting soft in your old age Dee!!

      Delete
    3. We don't do wet :) we barely do snow!! :)x

      Delete
  2. Was so taken with the beauty of these woods that I forgot to read the story line the first time round! Fantastic background for this intriguing story. Can only presume that TWO more Sasha/Gregor dolls (or a Gregor Doll and a little bear) are joining the Village kids. (Certainly looks as though you are already making up for your limited doll buying numbers due to last years New Year's resolution!)
    How lovely that this week off work and some great weather (though rather cold, but fine and sunny like we have had here!) has allowed you time for some great Sasha outdoor play.
    Looking forward to the next chapter of the story......Hurry along please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These woods are just at the side of the road I travel to and from work on the edge of a tiny village, in a month they will be full of bluebells which I see as I drive past but never remember to come back and take photo's while they are in flower. I'm determined to do it this year!

      Well one of your presumptions is correct... :) and you'll see why later today.
      I have decided what happens on the doll buying front will be what so ever it is, one cannot predict the future, so I'll go with the flow.

      The weathers been kind but I hope it stays that way and does not go to frost and ice as soon as my poor cars back on road in the early morning !
      Well best get on if you're wanting to know whats happening :)x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos Dee, the perfect spot for this story. Of course I accidentally read the later post and now this one! DOH! But I'm enjoying it all the same.
    I love how the colours of the boys' coats stand out so brightly against the starkness of the woods.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that is the problem with a story over several posts, it almost needs to be put on backwards,so that people read it in order. I'll have to remember to put part one, two etc , then people may go look for the first before reading the last!
      I was lucky in that they were the to coats that came to hand when I was trying to dash out to get the photo's done, they worked well showing the boys up well in the woods :)xx

      Delete
  4. Oh Dee, I so enjoyed this post for many reasons. The outdoors in the woods along the pathways and the wonderful landscape---I love to see trees without their leaves and then later see them again with their leaves. The well dressed boys on their trek was so interesting too and the rescue of the dear waif boy just warms your heart. Of course more to come with Gunther. I am a big fan of your story telling posts and this one was a real crowd pleaser! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Ginger. I always love it if I get the chance to go out on a 'shoot' for the Sasha Village posts. I really need to try and be like Kendal and keep a doll in the boot of the car but I'd feel mean leaving him or her in there all the time, then take them out and not have them when I needed them!
      I do love writing the stories as I never know where most of them will lead until I sit here with the photo's and write them. The photo's can cause my story to take a different turn when I write :)
      I hope people are enjoying this new tale :)xx

      Delete