Thursday 18 February 2016

PERSIAN POPPIES SHINING BRIGHT

Today is cold but incredibly sunny, so I took a walk round the garden after lunch, I took the camera with me, to record any flowers or things of interest in the garden. Problem is with the gorgeous sunshine I kept over shadowing things when trying to use the camera, deciding to give up I was heading back in when I came across a beautiful field of Persian Poppies.....


... on the back of a sweater... the wearer seemed to be watching something through the trellis.


I went to the side to try and catch their attention, without making them jump!


They seem very intent on something through the trellis, I decide to go to the other side ans see for myself!


I can see nothing, so cough lightly..


" Oh It's you Jamie!"
"Yes have you been there long? "


"Long enough to see you staring through the trellis, what was you watching? "
" Just that cat Mable she seems to be following me!"


" She is quite a nosy cat "
"She is " replies Jamie " Hold on! here she comes I';m going to satnd perfect still and pretend I don't see her! I never should have stroked her! "


Jamie stands still barely breathing while Mable hops up and checks him out.



Getting bored when Jamie remains still, she does to wander off.


"Thank goodness " sighs Jamie " I think she's gone!"

"Yes , she just gone through the trellis, your safe for now!" I laugh " That's a lovely sweater and hat you have there !"

" Do you like it? " smiles Jamie delighted " It's made by Auntie Diane, she has special permission from the designer Kaffe Fassett , it's based on his Persian Poppies "

"Well I think it's wonderful and looks lovely on you "


"Do you think so? " smiles Jamie " I love that it hides my funny hair cut! and it keeps my head nice and warm too "
" I should think it does , let's go and take  a few photos of you in it, so auntie Diane can see how fine you look!"

Jamie agrees.


Jamie goes up to one of  the gargoyle's in the garden, the gargoyle keeps an eye on him!


I take a few quick shots while they size each other up!


x


x


Mmm I think they have come to some sort of silent agreement!


sunshine and shadows


xx


Just to show how sunny it was!


another look at that fabulous sweater and hat.

*********************************************************************************

Please note that to be inspired by the clothing shown and to add a twist or style of your own , is creative and of interest but to copy any design outright is not acceptable. Diane Dukes has permission from the famous designer to use his designs, adapted by her after much trial and error, for the Sasha dolls. So please respect this and if it's inspired you to be creative all well and good if it's inspired you to copy.. go have a cup of tea and decide how you'd feel if you'd spent all that time perfecting something and for some else to steal the design..

Remember to copy is not to flatter , to copy is lazy and unimaginative , to take an idea and run with it to somewhere else then that's talent. Be it in design, photography or content.


*********************************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. Jamie is a very brave boy. Cats can be very dangerous for Sashas!
    He's smashing in that lovely sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is indeed brave. Luckily the cats here are only likely to knock him over but I always make sure I'm there if a cat appears!!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is one fantastically beautiful sweater you are wearing, Jamie!
    Just love how the poppies vary in size and space themselves as they grow up the sweater (although, in this case it's down, as I have read somewhere that Diane knits from the neck down to the waist.)
    Very lucky YOU and Jamie and well done and my congratulations to Diane on designing and knitting such a magnificent jumper. I just adore it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Auntie Kendal ! I love it and it's all mine :) Auntie Diane is very clever and she makes lots of lovely different Kaffe sweaters sets for us Sasha's and Gregors:)

      Delete
  3. This is a really beautiful jumper and hat, it looks lovely on Jamie, but then let's face it, he is such a handsome fellow that I'm sure he'd look good in a paper sack LOL. But such work has gone into this, it's perfectly in scale too, which for me says everything. I love it!
    And I agree with you 100% on the copying issue.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is Sharon :) I do think that lad could look good even in a paper bag! lol
      Diane as taken much time to get this right and it's beautifully made. :) xx

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic piece of knitwear! Are there available to buy? Totally agree with you on the copy cat thing....(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane's knits are gorgeous especially the mini Kaffe's. I believe there is a waiting list.

      Delete
  5. I am falling in love with Jamie, Dee. He is so photogenic and he looks just fantastic in Diane's knitted treasure! Since I have already seen him on fb in this outfit, I knew it was Jamie at the beginning of your post. I wish that I had not seen him though because I love how you weave your photos to keep us guessing at times. What a gorgeous boy and brave too since he did not run from the "lion". Very nice photos and thank you sharing! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very easy to love Ginger! :) and the camera does seem to love him! Diane's kaffe knits are just so so ...well so! :) Sorry I spoilt the surprise by the early photo on fb but could not resist showing him with the gargoyle.
      Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment :)xxx

      Delete
  6. Hello Jamie
    Auntie Diane is very talented, isn't she? I'm a very big fan of her work and of beautiful, snuggly sweaters in general...

    ..I am not going to steal my sister, Myfanwy's specail Auntie Diane-Duke one, that would be greedy .....but I do feel the need to just pick it up and look at it......I wonder what it feels like on.....I'll just put one arm in.....now my other arm's cold, so.... oh dear!!!!! It slipped over my head and now I'm WEARING it. How did that happen? But, since it's on now, I could just trial it for outdoor wear and......
    OOPS, Here's Mam, better hide!
    Bertie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bertie
      My new brothers have been telling me all about your visit for the Chat n Snap.
      I don't blame you for trying on the mini Kaffe sweater, I hear that you took lots of clothes back for your family and didn't get to keep anything?
      I'm sure your sister and mum won't mind.... well your sister may , they can be ornery !
      Bye, nice to hear from you
      Jamie

      Delete