Saturday 27 February 2016

SNOW AND ICE CAN BE NICE!

If you like to skate...


and someone here loves to ice skate!


Belle whose been out skating for an hour is enjoying sliding along the ice twisting and turning and doing little jumps.


She whizzes past again..


Oh look how she glides on one leg balancing carefully..



She comes to a stop panting gently after all that skating.


Suddenly she catches movement out the corner of her eye !


It's her new brother Jamie  " Hi Belle I saw you skating and wondered if I could join you? "
" Yes It will be nice to have some company  " she smiles


" I could only find these old racing skates !" says Jamie showing Belle " They won't fit with my trainers, so I'll have to just wear my socks!"
Belle looks worried " What if you fall ? you could hurt your feet 1"
Jamie just smiles " I'll be fine I'm not afraid of the ice I lived for years in Scotland , this feels warm to me!" he boasts .


He's soon back and they spend sometime getting used to skating together circling round and doing small moves, until Jamie says " Ready? " "Yes " laughs Belle and they start to raise their arms and spin..


x

x


They spin round twice coming to a graceful stop !


They look at each other with big grins " You're good " laughs Belle
" You're better" laughs Jamie , knowing Belle's gracefully movement makes him look like he is novice!
" Come on lets try a jump together " says Jamie
" Alright just one then I must go in, it's starting to get cold "


They complete their jump which they managed to land safely with only a small wobble and then Belle makes her way back to the house and a warm shower and some hot chocolate.


Jamie starts skating slowly round the ice, increasing his speed with each circuit .


 Soon he's cutting through the ice at speed, this is what he loves, speed skating, he enjoyed skating with Belle but now with the wind whistling past his ears and  his legs pumping he felt free!


He starts leaning forward and with a whoop, races on filled with joy.


In his head he can hear the cheers and the commentator " Yes it's Jamie MacKenzie Owen 1st for Great Britain and Northern Ireland in this Olympic speed skating contest , well done lad !" he pushes himself harder until finally he realises he can no longer feel his toes, so had best go back in.. a speed skater needs his toes!!


*******************************************************************************


10 comments:

  1. Looking like SOMEONE'S been enjoying themselves this Saturday (and I don't mean just Belinda and Jamie!)
    They've certainly put on a wonderful ice-skating show for us! Many thanks and I hope that you're now warmed up with those hot chocolate drinks.
    Love both their outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always happy seeing the village children enjoying themselves Kendal :)
      Belle does love to skate and now it appears we have another skater in the family! Both enjoyed a steaming mug of hot chocolate and Jamie the defrosting of his toes!

      Delete
  2. A gorgeous couple, love the scenery and their outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Viv, they do look good together :)

      Delete
  3. I'm fascinated. How did you make them stand on their skates, arms up in the air?
    I need to have a go at sewing that ice skating outfit at last... I guess it will be spring when it's finished, but then, my Sashas also own a pair of roller skates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They balance quite well on the blades of the skates, no different to trying to balance them normally!
      Belle's dress is perfect for ice skating, roller skating, being a majorette and being in a band ! very multi functional :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos and story Dee, Belle and Jamie look super in their outfits and skates, and they're both so graceful on the ice :)
    I particularly love Belle's skating dress, it's so pretty.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon, the clothes lent themselves well to the story :) First time I managed to use those skates which I have had for years!
      The dress is by the very talented Frances Trickett :) xx

      Delete
  5. A beautiful post Dee. Belle is so gorgeous and I love her skating outfit and skates too. She is adorable in her many poses. I did not think I could love Jamie any more but now I do! What a wonderful boy who is not only very handsome but also a speed skater and a polite one too. I can imagine him skating (even without his shoes) and feeling the wind in his face and the roar of the crowd. What a fabulous boy! Together they make a beautiful pair. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger. Belle is one of those who always looks good :) and Jamie well I could not have asked for a nicer lad to come live with us, such a gentle soul and a great speed skater! :)xx

      Delete