Thursday 30 March 2017

BLOOMING ...MARVELOUS

In amongst last weeks sadness was a little couple of glimmers of light. One I will need to wait awhile to share and the other I am sharing here today.

Rosie Bloomfield is back ! and she is making her marvelous shoes for Sasha's again !




I am a big fan of Rosie's Sasha shoes. Like all things Sasha when you first discover these lovely dolls and you starting seeing their photos everywhere and they are wearing gorgeous clothes and gorgeous shoes, noone tells you where you  can get these wonderful items!
They would say "She is wearing Rosie Blooms shoes, she is wearing Vintage Sasha coat etc...". but no details! These crafts people were kept close to their chests !So It was that I first saw Rosie's shoes on others Sasha's. Well I finally found out who Rosie was and just where Rosie sold her wonderful shoes.



and so I set about building up my collection of Rosie's wonderful shoes.


Claudia is wearing a lovely pale yellow pair of Rosie's shoes.


Rosie's shoes remind me so much of the Clark's children's summer shoes from the 60's onward.


Finding out she was back in the shoe business I quickly went to her website but alas I had missed the first batch. But not one to give up easily I kept checking and then another batch appeared and I was able to purchase the two pairs you see above. A beautiful mid blue and a wonderful pale green.



as you can see Rosie's shoes are definitely blooming in the garden !


There are, of course, other wonderful shoe makers out there but for me, Rosie is the one, a little like someone liking Jimmy Choo's or Gucci, you'd buy both but one's your favourite!


So I am hoping I can add a few more to by collection now Rosie's back but she is very popular so it will be hard going.


So here is most of my Rosie Bloom collection, I do have another two pairs, a deep green and a lovely different style brown pair given to me by a dear friend, but I did not have time to find them for this photo shoot.


So wish me luck in adding a few more colours to my collection in the future. I truly thought that I'd only ever get more if they came up for sale on the second hand market, (which they rarely do) and I managed to get to them first!

Oh and as much as I would like to keep her details secret , I believe in sharing this information on our great crafts people, so her web details are on my info page.



*********************************************************************************


Kendal's girls Rosie Bloom shoes, which are very similar to the brown ones a friend gave me.

******************************************************************************

14 comments:

  1. I have met Rosie and her sister both here, at the UK Sasha festival and on many Sasha fundays and they are full of fun.
    So pleased to hear that she is now back to making her Sasha Doll shoes. I remember when she first started selling them on eBay and I just seemed to miss winning them until I got the message and put a huge bid in and finally ended up with a pair of her gorgeous brown shiny leather sandals for £41! Rosie was so amazed and amused by this that she enclosed an extra little gift in the package.
    My next won pair was a bar shoe with a kind of speckled reptile skin look though in those days her shoes didn't have the outside edged stitching.
    Good luck then with your expanding Rosie Bloom shoe collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also met Rosie at the UK Sasha festival back in 2012 and she is indeed a lovely friendly person. I have always loved her shoes, so am so happy she's making once again.

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful shoes and like you I kept hearing Rosie Bloom's name mentioned when I asked about shoes but again, like you, the answers were a little sketchy! I'm glad you were able to get more shoes though....I'm very jealous! The colours are lovely!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie's are ,to me, the best :) I am so looking forward to maybe adding a few other colours, now she's back :) , her web address is on my info page. xx

      Delete
  3. Those shoes really are fantastic. I think the more unexpected colors are really fun. We could use some nicer shoes here at Gregoropolis. Our shoes are perfectly OK, but nothing to write home about. Of course it would mean that the boys would have to stop running through mud puddles.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly are great shoes and the boys look good in them also. Mmm yes you need wellies for the mud puddles :)

      Delete
  4. My girls are always craving for shoes (which girl doesn't?), and I believe they are even harder to find in Germany. I like the Wagner Puppenschuhe, but they are a little wide for Sasha.
    You have a very nice collection of Rosie Bloom shoes, and they make your garden sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't all the girls want shoes and as many as they can get! It's nice to find a well fitting shoe. They do look a little like blooms in the garden ;)

      Delete
  5. I have a thing for T-strap shoes. I know they are outdated and only the royal Windsor children wear them (Sashas excepted!). Yesterday, I received a bo of 9 pairs in different colours for Hans but they are all factory 18" generic doll shoes and just ok. I was disappointed that the seller failed to mention (of to show) that they close with Velcro. Your shoe collect would rival Imelda Marcos! I admired how you placed them in your spring garden to look like posies in bloom; well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the t bar shoe and I think that the dolls can look lovely with a traditional look.
      It's annoying when sellers are not honest and show all the views of their goods!
      I have to confess their are many other makers shoes here, Imelda would be impressed!
      Glad you liked the setting :)

      Delete
  6. I love to see a decent dolly shoe collection.......it makes the day brighten up instantly. And what a great idea to photograph them in the garden too.
    Happy hunting for more......just keep repeating the mantra "I always need more dolly shoes" !!! Hahahahhaaa

    I have never heard of this maker, but I can see why you are so happy with your collection from her. They are utterly delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does Jane! Just getting a lovely pair of shoes for your doll can make the difference between a good outfit and a great outfit :)
      Rosie's are outstanding in the doll shoe department! :)

      Delete
  7. A fantastic post with your BLOOMing shoes in the garden! I love her shoes too but have only one pair which was a raffle win last year at the SCW. It is so nice that Rosie is selling again. Good luck Dee, I hope you find the colors you want for your great collection. 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger :) I see she still as a pair of red leather boys shoes on her site, I already have a pair the same or I'd have snapped them up too! :)xxx

      Delete