Wednesday 1 March 2017

IN GLASS , FIRST CLASS

I recently bought a little glass cabinet to house some of my miniature china. I had planned to site it in the new doll cabinet where I have now put the recycled cutlery tray. But it was too deep for the space available, so it's on the shelving unit in the living room , which is great because I get to see it more.


Here it is in place.


I love that I can display the china safely and enjoy seeing it.


It's a great size but I could do with another one or two if I'm honest so I could put more of the china out safely but at least I can change it round every month or two.


I managed to find and buy another teacup, saucer and plate in the Indian tree in coral, which is great as I can now have tea for two with that set!


This photo shows you the girls gathered round the cabinet, so you can see it would also work in a room setting for them too.

I do so love small well made furniture and I'm so glad I decided to get this little glass display cabinet.


********************************************************************************

Doll shelf photos for the fifth please if you'd like to join in :)

14 comments:

  1. What a find! It displays the china beautifully and keeps it dust free. The girls all seem quite pleased with it. Love the wallpaper in the background.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know why I just had to buy it! :) The girls love things that are their size, they don't like things that are too big!
      The wallpaper is in my living room
      Dee

      Delete
  2. What a perfect find.....well done! And you really do have a wonderful miniature china collection (and I know we are only seeing a tiny fragment of it here)

    And I love well made miniature furniture too...I can't resist buying it for my dolls to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love this display cabinet! :) I have to agree it is just a small part of my miniature china collection .. cough cough... :)

      Miniature furniture is just as tempting as the dolls!! :)

      Delete
  3. I am loving the china! Being an Emma Bridgewater fan like you are I do love pretty china!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ronny, yes I so wish EB made small china, she's missing a market !:)

      Delete
  4. Hi Dee
    I am in BIG trouble because we missed Ollie's Shirley Hughes post, but he has left you an appreciative message. We love that book which must be one og the few of Shirley's that we've never seen.

    Emma B did ake some doll-sized stuff a fewyears back but I fear it might be a little large for Sashas. However your girls' china collection is just as beautiful. I love the cabinet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No probs I hope Bertie enjoys it 😀 I just had to snap it up when I found it a few years back.
      Alas I did own a few of the early China miniature items that Emma B made back in the 80s but stupidly sold them a few years back , they would have been a little big for Sasha but were great miniature items .the girls love the China 😉

      Delete
  5. I love your china Dee and what a special glass cabinet to showcase your collection. It is nice to be able to see it more often now that it is displayed in your living room. Very lovely! 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger. It is nice to actually be able to see it rather than have it put away in a box.it will also make me use it more ,I hope 😀 Xx

      Delete
  6. Perfect setting to display and keep the dust off your sweet little china pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely display cabinet Dee, the china looks gorgeous and as you say, you can see it all but it's also not taking up much space and is safe. I really like your collection and it looks as if the girls are happy with it too. Now all you need is to keep the boys away from it with their footballs and other boisterous toys! ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. at least if i can see it I'll remember to use it!
      Goodness those boys had best not use a football in the house and hit my cabinet..the girls had best stand closer!! lol :) xx

      Delete