Monday 3 December 2012

IS SATURDAY BECOMING SASHADAY?

On Saturday I loaded five of the girl's into my car and we set off for my friend Gill's. Karin a good friend of Gill's through Sasha had been unable ,due to illness,to attend the Saturday meeting at Judith's. So Gill had invited  Karin and her friend Wendy to lunch and also invited Judith, Theresa and myself to meet Karin.

Although the closest in miles I was the last to arrive and was soon meeting Karin who was in Gill's porch taking some photo's of Gill's Gregor's who guard the entrance to the house, standing on a small pew looking out the window.

I think this is also where Gill puts any new comer in the hope that her husband does not notice an extra set of eyes watching the world pass the door!

Of course you could not have a Sasha get together without Sasha's and I was soon in the thick of it, adding my girl's to the table where others were standing and was soon talking about the one's I had brought with me.


Judith's babies and toddlers came to visit, one of the toddlers decided to try out Gill'd girl's pram, it was the perfect size!


Judith had also brought along the lovely book that Kendal had given her last Christmas of Kendal's brood in Judith's dollydoodles clothing.
I had the time ,at last!, to study this book of fabulous photography and great clothing, a match made in Sasha/Gregor heaven!

Gill's girl Poppy and Theresa's girl who was wearing a poppy were having a chat on the sofa. The remembrance day poppy badge the perfect size for Sasha. Judith said her son had bought one and was going to try to find it when she returned home.


Judith's Gregor was wearing a new pair of  trousers that she's designed for next years Dolly doodles, so keep a watch out. I loved the colour of her Gregor's hoodie and t shirt but Judith said it was too cold for him to go home naked from the waist up!! Some mothers!


Gill's twins Ruby and Scarlet had donned their Ruth Hartley sailor suits specially for the visit.


All Gill's school children were standing on a box in the conservatory , so Karin added her girl's and Wendy's  school girl to the class. Unfortunately Wendy's girl had suddenly that morning developed the Sasha loose string wobble , so she chose to sit.


I may have to check with Gill if she still has the pram has Judith's toddler, whose eyes were repainted by Shelly, was very taken with it and wanted one of her own!

Well the time dashed by and soon we were gathering our 'children' to go home.


Here is a photo taken by Karin of what she's referred to as a Sasha coven!
from the left, Judith, me, Wendy, Theresa and Gill.


And so Karin does not get away with not being in the photo, here is Theresa's one, with Karin on the left.

It was lovely to meet Karin, Wendy ,Judith and Theresa in a small gathering where there was time to chat to everyone and pass on tips and info. Big gatherings are also nice but you have so many people you'd like to speak to but there is never enough time to do more than have a quick word.


14 comments:

  1. Really nice to see your all and your Sashas of course....hope Judith didn't stay too long...she should be back at home SEWING :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did say that she could have Christmas day off! but I knew you'd not agree to boxing day!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Too right!! I do think the whole of Christmas day off is a little excessive....once Judith has cooked the turkey and done the washing up I think she could catch up with some sewing ...:)

      Delete
    3. Now Now! You have not thought this through! After she's run herself ragged after the family, she needs to fall into the chair exhausted so that she falls into a deep sleep where her creative grey cells can conjour up lots of new idea's for DD clothing and colours, so that she will awake full of energy and be unable to rest until she's created these wonderous new items.........thats now its done ;)

      Delete
    4. Oh you wicked, wicked, selfish lot!!! Poor Judith! You take all the time you need, girl! xxx Karin

      Delete
    5. No! Karin! NO! Don't tell Judith she can have all the time she needs...we have got to keep her nose to the grindstone...Dee has already given her the WHOLE of Christmas day off !!! :)

      Delete
  2. I like nothing better than seeing photos of other Sasha Dolls and their collectors... so many thanks Dee for this super post of what looks to have been a delightful Sasha gathering.
    I agree too that in these smaller group get-together's you can really get to know each other and their Sasha preferences in much greater depth.
    Pleased to hear Dee that you finally enjoyed looking through the OOAK Dollydoodle Book featuring Judith's truly wonderful Sasha/Gregor and baby outfits. (Yes, that is the ONLY copy.... even 'I' haven't got one!)
    Sasha love from Kendal.
    PS. Gill, managed to catch the odd glimpse of your newly decorated and furnished lounge. Very smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great getting to see your lovely photo's in the book and although you no longer have a copy, you do have the original photo's on file to look at.It is so easy to lose track of time when looking a sasha's and photo's of Sasha's!
      Gill's house is lovely and so I did not need to 'cut' the photo's and could keep them as is!

      Delete
  3. Why are your pictures always so much better than mine??? Great post as always, Dee! I am glad you showed a lot more of Gill's lovely house! I love that chair the twins are standing on! It was a great Sashaday! Very apt choice of words again, Dee! I think I'll retire gracefully!!! xxx karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karin, you pictures are just as good as mine if not better!

      Gill's house is so nice I did not need to 'cut' the photo's to hide anything.

      Delete
  4. I have just noticed that my comments seem to be placed in a weird time zone! What sort of time am I on??? It is actually 1.08pm and not 5.05pm. Very strange! xxx Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this must be some strange blog time that it's on! Maybe it's Sasha time!

      Delete
  5. Awww this is lovely! I saw Karin's photos and thought how wonderful for you all to get together, I'm very envious! Perhaps I can encourage you all to come to my house.....I promise to bake a cake!!!
    Big hugs Sharon in Spain xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is lovely meeting up with other Sashaphiles , maybe we'll be tempted to make a trip out to Spain when the weather gets warmer...much warmer... : )

    ReplyDelete