Monday 31 December 2012

WHERE DID THIS YEAR GO!

Well this year seems to have shot round but then we probably say that every new years eve! But for me from a Sasha point of view, it's been a wonderful year.

I started the year with a wish to obtain a red haired Dungarees girl or a red haired 68 shorts boy and much to my amazement and delight I managed to obtain both! This was with the help and kindness of the person who was selling them, who I thank most sincerely.

Those who read this blog know that I love the red haired Sasha's and Gregor's and I decided this would be the year of the red and I would put a photo of a red haired Sasha or Gregor on the first day of every month, which I proceeded to do and again I was helped with some photo's of others fabulous Sasha's.I thank them for taking the time to send  and allow me to use their gorgeous photo's.

This was also the year of the English Sasha Festival in Stratford upon Avon. I was lucky enough to attend and that allowed me to meet and make new sasha friends and meet some Sasha friends I had only 'spoken' to via the web. It was a great weekend and I would encourage anyone to attend a festival but take lot's of cash for the sale tables and auction, raffles etc! If I had only known what was going to be available , I would have saved more and not kept buying Sasha's before I attended!

I have definately had a Sasha filled year with Sasha's and Gregor's arriving and some only stopping a short time before going on their way so that another Sasha or Gregor could arrive. Of course there have been the ones that got away!! One I remember was a lovely wide faced dungaree waif that appeared on Shelly's site and was gone before I could blink!! I was heart broken for at least a week with if only's!!
But some dolls are not ment to be and you move on , my sister and my friend Gill always say another will come along which is a good attitude to have and which I am trying to adopt! :)

The blog had a hiccup when I ran out of free picture space! This was because in my innocence I had not reduced the size of the photo's I had put on. I tried going back and reducing some but this turned out to take so much time  that I looked for another site and set up a blog on wordpress, now some people who had not been able to leave a comment were able to but I find this site much easier to use , so came back to this site as my main one and transfer all the posts to the other site as I do them.

I love writing this blog it helps the frustrated writer in me ! I have told my own stories since I was a child , my sister Michelle still remembers some of them! and my Sasha's,Gregor's and babies allow me to play with my creative side, which for someone like me is a god send. The fact that someone else reads them is an added bonus.

There are a few Sasha's that I would still like to get but I will talk about them in the new year.

I have several idea's for posts in the pipeline and just need to get my backside in gear and do them! I could really do with a little props crew that I could have working away on my Sasha sets so that I could sail in like the director and shout action ! Ah then the wonders you would see!!!! but until I win those euro millions or that lottery I will have to get my own props sorted and photo's taken.

May I take this oppertunity to thank all those who stop by and join in with my creative muse and all those who pause to comment or not, you are all most welcome and I hope you will enjoy the posts to come.

Now I'm off to take some photo's..there's Toby and a walnut whip involved ...I can see trouble ahead......


4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what Tobu and the rest of the Village get up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2013!
    Please send Toby round if he has any walnut whips left...my guilty pleasure is a walnut whip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoooh walnut whips! We had a box of 6 here and I managed to eat two...I say 'managed', it was more that I had to share them with my family....I could easily have managed all six!!
    I hope you have a wonderful 2013 and that your Sasha dreams continue to be fulfilled!
    Big hugs Sharon in Spain xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have thoroughly enjoyed a truly wonderful year reading and viewing your Sasha Village blogspot. May 2013 bring me more of the same!
    Sasha love and a very happy and healthy New Year to all who reside at Sasha Village. From Kendal.

    ReplyDelete