Saturday 27 July 2013

WHOSE MORRIS ??

Edward had been missing for a day or so, he would not tell the other bears where he was going with his little Miss Paige, but he'd said he would be back Saturday at 4 pm sharp!

The other bears had missed him, well not that new bear Reuben but the others.

Well at 4 pm sharp look what turns into the drive!!!!


It's Edward driving his new car A Morris Minor!

He drives swiftly up the drive turns and parks next to Mrs Mum's Micra.


He waits a while expecting some of the bears to have come to see if he's back! Then he calls out " HELLO!"
" ANYONE HOME?" still no answer so finally he gives up and goes in search of someone.

While Edwards in the house Mossy discovers the car on the drive and is soon checking it out and climbing all over the seats!
Then Reuben appears...


"Ello Gov! wanna buya mota ? " ask Mossy in his best cockney accent ( He's always wanted to pretend he's on only fools and horses) " Only in this verra mornin and cheap as chips!!"

Reuben looks the car over while Mossy grins at him from the seat.


"Come on Gov! " says Mossy getting well into character " Only one owner me dear ole ma!"
Reuben ignores the little bears ravings and checks the bonnet.


Come On Gov aint got all blooming day! Lets call it a Pony and it's yours !"

"What an earth are you raving about!" exclaims Reuben " It's a car not a pony!"


"Come on mate Lets get you in so you can try it fur ya self!"
Mossy shoves Reuben over the door into the car!
" I aint ..I mean... I am not your mate ! " says Reuben's muffled voice from the depths of the front seat


"Strike a light Mate.. I mean Gov It could have been blooming made fur ya! "
Reuben looks at Mossy with a steely glint in his eye " I cannot get my feet under the dashboard !"
" And ?" asks a bewildered Mossy " That's a problem?"
"Yes You FOOL!" shouts Reuben " I cannot drive if I cannot reach the pedals"

Mossy thinks for a minute " No problem what ya need is a driva !"

" Do you mean a chauffeur? "
"Whatevva Trevor!"
While Reuben wonders who Trevor is, Mossy goes off and returns with Hugo, they all change seats , with Reuben sitting in the back , Mossy in the front passenger seat and Hugo in the driving seat.



Reuben likes the idea of arriving at Lady K's in style !

"Right " says Mossy  " Lets go for a test drive ! Fire her up Hugo and head for the hills ! "


Hugo starts the car and heads off in a weaving pattern down the drive .


As the car lurches from one side of the drive to the other Reuben's thrown back into his seat!


Picking up speed as they head towards the end of the drive and the open road Reuben asks " How long have you held your driving licence Hugo ? "
" Oh what's a driving licence? " says Hugo " But I have had lots of practice on the dodgems !"
they hit the road and speed away with Reuben's shouts of "STOP THIS CAR NOW!" being carried on the wind...



Edward returns with Percy to show off his new car but the space is empty!


Edward legs go all wobbly and he has to sit down " I've been robbed ! " he whispers.....

11 comments:

  1. LOL another brilliant post Dee! I laughed out loud at the three of them squeezed into the car, they look hilarious. My goodness poor Reuben is slumming it!! I'm sure he's more used to something a little more 'up market'!!! Not that I would turn my nose up at a Morris Minor in as good condition as this!
    Poor Edward though, I hope his little furry heart will hold out now that he's found his beloved new car missing.
    I will be eagerly waiting the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I love the Morris minor always wanted one back in the days!! So this little replica is so sweet and just perfect..almost for some of the bears!!
      Edward needed something to travel in for his next visit to Kendal, he could not go all that way on the motorbike again!!!

      I'm sure Edward will get his new pride and joy back!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank God you haven't rushed out and bought an AG Beetle at £277 + :) I would have thought you were a FRUIT LOOP if you did :)
    FANTASTIC POST Dee! I LOVE these...they just get better and better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had best get my American friend to return it to the shop for me then!!! It's much cheaper there and was no where near £277 +

      I do love the beetle and it is good size for Sasha BUT how many times would you use it? My AG bike sits on the window ledge and is only used on the odd occasion and that beetle would be way to big for the window sill!!Plus I love the bike because it is a perfect replica of a bike where as the beetle is plastic!!!

      Do I have one coming????? that is the question??????

      Delete
    2. If you ever want a REAL Beetle for a photo shoot I have got two for you to choose from :) And best thing is you can use the real ones as many times as you like...and they don't gather dust :) Just to keep you in the loop I have posted their progress thus far on my blog...
      :)

      Delete
    3. Ooo! I love the real thing! I must take you up on your offer sometime, Hattie loved her play in the Mini, I'm sure one of the others would love a play in a really VW..I must get them a t shirt so they will be ready!! :)

      Delete
    4. How come Ronny that YOUR VW's don't gather any dust? Are you living in a dust-free zone or are they kept permantley under wraps!

      Perhaps my VW Polo and I had better move down there as it is normally covered in the 'stuff' from the lack of rain here? (It seems that Wales likes to take it all before it reaches the Cheshire Plains!)

      Delete
    5. The Vee Dub's each have their own car cover to keep them snug and away from the elements! We don't normally get much dust on the cars...the only muck I get is from motorway driving!!

      Delete
  3. I commented late last night, but unfortunately NOT before Ronny, but then lost the darn lot when I came to publish it, was naturally livid, so decided to go off to bed and deal with it in the morning.....hence, here I am.

    What a fabulous Morris Minor car model. Simply splended and just perfect for those little beary characters. Personally would have liked MY Mossy to have bought and owned it with it being HIS colour but am guessing that he too would have needed to have had a chaffeur. (Remind me to tell Reuben about our family's own chaffeur and the car that went with it when he comes up, he will be WELL impressed!)

    I learnt to drive, when just seventeen, in a driving school's Morris Minor but which was unfortunately changed to a Mini a few days before MY driving test... and with only ONE more lesson planned beforehand SO had to swap to using one of the family's cars instead, a huge and very heavy razor-edged Truimph Renown (commonly known as the 'Butler's Rolls') which had the gear lever attached to the steering wheel.... so couldn't have been more different from a Morris Minor or Mini if it tried!

    Spent those last days just driving around in it from early morning to late at night. Can still remember that look on the Driving Examiner's face when he realised that I was taking my test in it! (...and yes, for those 'nosey' lot, I passed first time although was allowed to take my three point turn in five due to its size and weight!)

    Adored the photo of it parked next to 'Mrs Mum's' car. Allotted car parking places at your house then?

    Poor Edward thinking that his pride and joy has been stolen after only owning it for a few hours.... AND after the LACK of the welcoming home-coming committee that he had obviously hoped for!
    (Do hope that 'Morris' will be making an appearance up here in the near future....complete with Reuben and his chaffeur.)

    Such fun, Dee! A million thanks for such wonderful entertainment yet again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That,s so annoying when that happens! But thank you for trying again
      I could not give Mossy control of the car because who knows where he wander off to! And he,s taken his test 27 times ,they have asked him not to come back as three examiners have had to retire with ill health after sitting beside him for his test!!!
      So Mossy needs a driver to get about!
      Edward was surprised that no welcoming committee awaited his return! And now his car is missing but I,m sure he,ll realise what's gone on once he sees that Mossy,s missing too!!

      Delete