Sunday 6 April 2014

FIRST THERE WERE TWO.....

I was hoping to take some photo's in the garden today but the sky was grey and cloudy with the constant threat of rain. I went out to the very end of the garden to look at the area that I had commented on to Kendal as the coolest, shady place in our garden in the summer.

Then of course I started to see the weeds and next thing I was weeding and sweeping while any glimpse of  a tiny ray of sun was covered by more grey cloud.

So I decided to take just a couple of photo's showing this area.


Libby and Sansa came with me.


This is the very back right hand corner of our garden and in the summer is sheltered by the trees behind the fence. So the sun does not get into here .


In the summer months a small wooden table and two chairs stand on the paved circle to allow for a rest and time to ponder the view back down the garden.


This is the view from the small paved circle back towards the house, you can see the Lychgate in the distance, in summer this area has a lot more colour.The shady area used for yesterdays post is just round the end of the path and ahead to the right.

Well I had decided the weather was too iffy to chance bringing out all the girls for a mass Button smock photo shoot because if it started to rain it was a long way back to the house and it was quite windy.



Oh hello ! Where did you three come from? The house? I see but it's too grey for a big multi Sasha photo shoot.


Yes I know that I have a long working week ahead including a Saturday morning ! Yes that does mean it will not happen any time soon.


What! there are more of you out here! Pardon? Oh you don't agree that you should all wait for better weather next week because the No Navel girls got to strut their stuff yesterday! But if it starts raining you are all going to have to run back to the house!
Raining Smaining ! is not a very nice thing to say Paige!


Now where have you No navels come from? Can you all not see how grey it is! Are you not worried you'll all get wet!
No you wanted to see what the others were up to!
Well now you know and you can get moving back indoors! Why can't you? your waiting? what for?



I see for Ashley and Raven! Well now they are here you can all troop back indoors.
Pardon? well now your here you might as well just wait for?



 ... Sansa and Libby !
Well are you all here now? No? Oh only the ones wearing Sarah's button smocks, OK , so are all the ones who have a Sarah button Smock all here? Yes!  Good !


Ready to leave? No? Why? Oh the people that look at the village like to see some close ups ! All right just a few quick close ups.


Another Ok!

That's it then close up's complete .
No? Pardon why no? Not close enough? It's getting darker...you don't care you want closer!
Give me strength! No I did not say give me strength I said give me a tent! Yes tent ! we'll be needing one to shelter in any minute now!


Raven, Ashley and Liberty


Joscelyn, Martha and Virginia.


Simone, Belnda and Jocelyn ? Jocelyn I've taken your close up! No never mind it's too late now!


Ava , Calico Kate and Simone? Simone if I  have to take everyone's photo twice it's going to take all day!


Winter, Sophie and Paige


Agnetha, Winter....Sophie... I have taken your photo close up ! Pardon It's nothing to do with you it's how I point my camera ! You cheeky pair ! Now I have totally missed out Sansa ! pardon Sansa's had her photo taken more than enough times this weekend ! I hope you are not being jealous? No just truthful ....I see.....


Well despite my intentions to leave this en masse photo shoot until next weekend it would appear that some Sasha village folk could not wait that long ! luckily the rain held off and they all arrived back at the house dry and well. Due to the sheltered spot no one fell over although a couple have very loose stringing so were hard to stand and a couple insisted on trying not to stand up, in the end they all behaved perfectly.


*********************************************************************************

18 comments:

  1. There is no way you are in charge when there are Sashas around. They very definitely make all the decisions. In their world, you are just there to keep them in those wonderful clothes and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me that they ride rough shod over!!! and yes that's the only reason I'm here to keep them clothed and shod in a manner to which they feel they are entitled!!

      Delete
  2. they have you under their little thumbs! What a line up - glorious colours of their clothes and lovely girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true ! I am but their slave to run hither and dither!!

      Delete
  3. MY! You have been busy, firstly with the weeding. The paving and cobbles are indeed now weed free and looking superb. Well done!
    Secondly with the many Sasha photos.They look like they are posing for a photo for the rhyme 'Ring, a ring of roses!' Got very excited as they kept on coming ....and coming ....and coming until they were ALL there in their glory!

    I well remembered that delightful little table and chair area when you first took us on a tour of your magnificent garden last year. A perfect place for a morning coffee at eleven, a snack midday lunch or afternoon tea not to mention an evening glass of wine and 'nibbles!' (A pity though that you don't participate of the latter.)

    I'm interested to hear how you managed to get them all down there! Obvious choice might have been in a clean wheelbarrow or the good old Ikea bags. Surely you must have got right down on your knees to place and position them?

    Just noticed that on your face close ups you can see another sign of whether your No-navels are from '69 or '70. Your yellow dressed Ashley and teal/green dressed girl Martha have the '69 heavier and arched eye brows, so slowly but surely we are getting there.
    I'm thinking that the other five are from 1970 but will try to take a closer look in the next few days.... although I'm rather liking the idea of another visit from you, Paul and Gill just to be quite sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes even I was impressed with actually doing some weeding instead of making anote to do some later and it not happening for another week!!
      That place is lovely for an afternoon sit with a cup of tea and a companion, it's the furthest from the house , so you need to make sure that you take all you need with you, if you are heading down there for a nice rest!
      I'm afraid the girls were transported in two big shopping bags! seven in one and eight in the other! I told them it was the latest mode of transport and all the best doll's do it!!
      That's interesting info re years.
      I'm sure went the weather improves we can find a day to visit :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful girls - although clearly quite strong willed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just perfect - and in some of the photos they almost appear to be smirking (Simone, Belinda and Jocelyn) - I was also going to say it seems they have you utterly wrapped around their little fingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jude. I would not be surprised to find those girl's smirking at me for getting their own way!!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely bunch of beautifully dressed girls you have there Dee! But I have to say, that they have you totally and utterly wrapped around their tiny vinyl fingers!!! And yes, like Kendal, I was wondering whether you have a wheelbarrow or one of those tartan shopping trolleys, to bring them back and forth to the house!!!
    And well done on the weeding.....you've done a whole lot more than I've done with mine and yet I have a far smaller garden!!!! I will start .... erm Tuesday perhaps!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilty as charged! If they had not , I'd just have three and one box of clothes, shoes and accessories .. not the dozens I have !!
      Oh! shopping trolley sounds like a good idea ! I saw one just the other day that said Keep calm and carry on shopping in a bright pink or black! I wonder if itheir still there?

      The tiny little bit of weeding I did just made everywhere else look untidy!! :)

      Delete
  7. Ooh - a tartan trolley as Sasha transport... think Mum stil has one...what do you mean you won't travel in such an old fashioned vehicle, you Gregors? A Porsche? In your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Jenni you need to up grade to a black or pink pvc one with words, why it's the height of trolley fashion!!!! :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful colours and beautiful girls, asking the sun to come and join :)

    And for sure, I know the weeding problem... walking through the garden, ready to go to town, watching weeds and instantly weeding - then remembering the plan and continuing the way to town, but with dirty fingers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne :)
      That was a problem I had to go wash my hands before collecting all the Sasha's for the trip outside! and once I had the girls with me I had to ignore the weeds for fear of dirty fingers and lovely dresses !!!

      Delete
  9. The girls all look lovely in their Sarah dresses and i am so glad that they behaved long enough for you to take the photo's xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa :) You never know if these girls will behave!! ;)

      Delete