Thursday 3 May 2012

JUST LIKE BUSES.....

....my Sashas/Gregors always seem to come in pairs! When I saw Belinda on ebay and bought her, I had just finished paying for a Sasha I had on layaway with Shelly and arranged to have her sent out to me on monday to arrive tuesday and the lady selling Belinda posted her out same day, so both arrived together!

Luckily DH knew about both , so noone had to go into cupboard! So I had a lot of fun with them both admiring them, giving them a wash and then putting them in new outfits for their first photo shoot.

This is Calico Kate, Callie for short, she is a slate eyed Sasha like Dorcas.How I landed up with two redhaired slate eyed sasha's comes down to being unable to chose!
I had been admiring Dorcas for a while on Shelly's and was about to ask after her when Callie appeared, so I asked Shelly to send me a picture of Callie.
Which she kindly did but It made me think that Callies hair looked a bit thin on the front so I asked for a picture of Dorcas, well Shelly ,excellent saleswoman that she is, sent me a picture of the back of Dorcas which showed a mass of  long red hair, so then I was torn between the two...So I took the easy route and bought Dorcas and put Callie on layaway and thats how come I now have two lovely red haired slate eyed girls.

Here we have a close up of Callie.


Here we have a picture of Callie with Dorcas, although both slated eyed girls,Callie is smaller than Dorcas and their hair is a different red.


 and now a picture of their hair which sold me completely.


wonderful!

Well now I have no Sashas or Gregors on layaway or anything else, so time to rebuild the Sasha fund incase anything else appears thats on the list or takes my fancy...but hopefully not for a while yet!

10 comments:

  1. They are both delightfully different although coming under the same category of 'Gotz red haired, slate eyed dolls' so it's just as well that you bought BOTH or else you would never have forgiven yourself by missing out on one of them.
    It allows too for some interesting comparisons should you ever need to undertake a little study of this doll group.
    Both Callie and Dorcas are really beautiful and charmingly dressed. Arriving there on the same day will, I think, ensure that they become firm and ever lasting friends.
    Very lucky you and I'm sure that the three of you will enjoy many happy times together.
    Sasha love from Kendal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Kendal. Its amazing all the variety in the same Sasha!

      Delete
  2. I give you until the end of the week until something catches your eye Dee :)
    Enjoy your new girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welllll there is this Sasha that I'm watching ..just watching..... :)

      Delete
  3. Ha ha, I love how you didn't have to hide one away until a later date because they were both known about. I've done the same in the past! They are both very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know I'm not the only one! Lol

      Delete
  4. Two beautiful girls Dee! I want to thank you for your delightful blog, I woke early and have spent a few hours looking back in time. You have some beautiful Sashas and Gregors and it is so comforting to know that others have the same addiction. Although I must admit I do feel quite guilty when I think about the ones that have been sold on, but I like to think they ve gone on to happy homes.

    From all your blog records, it's very difficult to choose a favourite and I've still a lot more current ones to read. But these came to mind, the 'Bank Job', your beautiful smocked
    dresses, your fabulour new Sasha storage, skateboarding in the garden, new arrivals of course... I could go on and on. Thank you for sharing.

    Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback, It's nice to know I'm not the only one out there!

      I do feel guilty when I sell a Sasha but I feel the new owner is probably like me and thrilled to get her and if noone sold Sasha on I'd never be able to get the ones I want!!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your new girl Callie, she is gorgeous and her dress is perfect for her ..! My favourite photo of her is the second one, she has such a pretty face. Love the photos of Callie and Dorcus together, its nice to compare them, they are both very different, in so many ways, their eye colour, their face shape and the colour of their hair, both have gorgeous long locks, all silky looking, I'm not surprised you couldn't choose between them! I love the dress Dorcus is wearing, suits her to a T! It must be so much in your house, I wish some Sashas would arrive here like buses!! LOL. I'm relieved to hear that neither had to go into the cupboard! Are the others out of there now? Cathy x


    Comment from Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A slight confusion about which Sasha's arrived on the same day, It was Belinda and Callie, So Dorcas is still semi hiding in cupboard along with Bonnie!
      But now Callie is here Dorcas can come out but poor Bonnie needs to wait a little while longer when she can suddenly 'arrive'Lol

      I just need not to buy another Sasha to get in the way of her cupboard escape!!!

      Delete