Sunday 8 September 2013

TO WALL OR NOT TO WALL THAT IS THE...

QUESTION?
never one to give up on an idea easily! I went out into garden to see where I could have a nice wall built..


Decided that this side of arch would be too close to the house! So what about other side?


Now I am thinking we could build it from the post at side of  gazebo , which means you would still be able to see this side of garden from 'window' that looks out from inside of gazebo.


Then across this side on right of bird table .


which means that the wall would run from behind the bird table up to rose arch then from other side of rose arch up to this side of milk churn! I'm liking this idea ! We were intending to pave this area of grass because the garden runs down hill from right to left and the grass is always uneven and a mess.Then we would return the wall on left back towards the house due to the fence panels on that side having rotting posts, which would give the area of patio directly behind house a walled garden look!
Then at a later date we could possibly continue wall along left hand side of photo up to trellising that divides garden to next 'room'.


It means that the pond would have to go but there are only a few fish left and nothing will happen any time soon.!


Izzy was impressed with my plans for wall, well I think that's her impressed Look!!

Now where can I find a load of cheap but very good quality bricks? The Dh could do with a job to keep him busy after he finishes the bedroom and 'studio' ......I think he just waved at me...I think it was a wave......

Now this is what the sky decided to do, while we were out doing the gardening....


Yes rain clouds! I am sure they said it would be dry this afternoon! anyway I just had time to take some photo's of how the front garden's looking.


View front front door.


View from right hand side of front wall.


Under front window.


side along drive from front window area.

The obelisk with a beautiful purple/blue climber Ipomoea.


And to end a photo of the David Austin rose Lady Emma Hamilton.

NO BEARS WERE HIDDEN IN THE TAKING OF THESE PHOTO'S IT'S ONLY THE GRASS THAT'S MOSSY!   :)

11 comments:

  1. Not sure if another post is about to be added here so as I have to go out and about shortly I'm adding the fact that... 'I'm here again Mrs Mum and SS-R!'....before I head off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness Kendal, you are psychic! :)

      Delete
    2. Whoa! Kendal you are sneaky:)
      Your garden plans sound fantastic and I love what you have done to the front of the house! Am loving also little Izzy, she has such a gorgeous 'hug me' face!
      I do appreciate the flower pictures ..keep 'em coming Dee :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Ronny I know how you love a Flower photo or two :)
      Izzy is a grumpy little darling :) and I love to plan....

      Delete
  2. Not sure that I'm either that I'm either but just saw a rectangle with today's date in and the words 'No comments' sitting above this mornings post so thought I'd just add something just to be on the safe side before going out.
    Seems just as well I did as have now gained five points in two days to SS-R's one!

    Enjoying sharing your plans for the walled garden at the back and seeing little Izzy.
    Front is looking superb now it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! Bit repetitive at the beginning. Missed my afternoon nap today!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Kendal, I do love to make plans even if some do not actually make it off the drawing board :)
      I must confess I loved that photo of Izzy so just had to share :)

      Delete
  3. I just love your garden dee, mines just rubbish, I decided to do lots of chopping down the other day, mainly a laurel " bush" that's as tall as the house, stood on a chair in platform shoes armed with my neighbours extendable lopper that after a few hours I broke ! I was mortified and had to take it back red faced....im liking those palms in pots, we had them but they didn't like the pots, so I put them in the ground, didn't like that either so they died.....anyway very jealous of your wonderful garden xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah I am sure your garden is Lovely, especially with the sea breeze!
      Sounds like you were lucky just to break next door's lopper's and not your neck! Standing on a chair in platform shoe's!
      The Cordyline's (palms) in the pots are doing well but they have yet to go through a winter in our care, so next year we'll find out if we have managed to keep them!
      The garden is in a big mess at moment needing pruning and sweeping, it's never ending! :)

      Delete
  4. You really do have a nice garden Dee, I look forward to seeing if you do go ahead with a walled part....I do like walled gardens and I guess you have enough space that you could do this without breaking it up too much. As long as you still can take lovely photos out there, then I think it will be fine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon.
      I will definately still be able to take some good photo's if the wall gets built.
      but it's been so cold today and wet, that the wall will go on the back burner until next spring! lol and I still need that wall papered and studio space!! must get things done in right order :)

      Delete