Monday 2 May 2016

FINALLY I'VE STARTED

Why is it that when you finally get round to doing some long planned sewing, you never have exactly what you need! Even though you were sure you did !

Remember this ?


My T shirts makings from April, well last night while watching a film I'd seen before I decide to get going... so of course the first thing I find is I have no decent sewing needle, the only two I can find are with a eye so small you'd only be able to thread a single tiny strand of cotton through and another that's really too thick for what I need to do.. but since it was all I had that's the one I had to use.

I managed to do two last night and another two this morning before I gave up, the needle was driving me nuts!

So these are the four I managed to complete.


First up is Agnes in the first one I finished, I used a random mix of lilac and purple buttons in mixed sizes.


I'm quite pleased with the result.

Then I moved on to using some ribbon.


I placed it round the neck and hemline, not as good a match colourwise as I would have liked for these trousers but I do love the pattern on the ribbon. Tatty kindly models.


To my shame you can see the stitching on the ribbon , this is due to the thickness or the fabric at the hem and the needle!


Another Ribbon this time just a strip down the centre of the T shirt. I think that the small yellow centre in the ribbon matches well with the bright yellow cords which Violet kindly models.



Love these colours on this ribbon and it's nice to finally find a use for it.


Finally Claudia in Pink, this time I used a couple of pink flower buttons and a tiny bright pink ladybird button.


Looks nice with the pink cords.



So here they all are together two Ribbon based and two Button.


so four down and six to go! But only once I have been out shopping for some proper sized sewing needles and some more cotton, which is another thing I only seem to have left in certain colours!

This is waiting for after the shopping trip..


I knew that ribbon would come in handy..... now how to use it........





*********************************************************************************

10 comments:

  1. Really like these. Great job. Today my favorites are the tees modeled by Violet and Claudia (tomorrow it will be the other two, as they are all quite wonderful). Funny about the needles. I'm always missing mine. Any thought as to where they disappear to? Thank goodness my husband and children aren't finding them in the bottom of their feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I just have no idea where all my needles have gone! Mind you it will give me an excuse to go round a fabric and wool shop ;)

      Delete
  2. They're all lovely. My favourites are the 2 with buttons. Very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I just hope I can find enough Idea's for the other six !

      Delete
  3. Ohb VERY clever indeed! My favs are the two using the buttons as decoration... and I love Tatty as a girl (...though can't now remember if he was originally a Sasha or a Gregor and I've no time at the mo to scroll back and check!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendal. I do like the button ones, the ribbon ones are a lot plainer but I love the ribbon so I happy to be using it:) Tatty is and always as been a Girl, whose been given a very bad hair cut but I quite like her as is, although I sometimes think about having her hair become the Sasha Village copy of Miss Nobody's!

      Delete
  4. Well done you!!!! You've done a great job on the shirts, the button ones are my favourite, but then I do love a nice set of buttons :) plus I particularly like pink and lilac. The cords are great too, such pretty colours. The girls are really set for spring now aren't they!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon ! lol I was trying not to do all buttons , although I was tempted :) Ginny's cords are fabulous, such great colours and so well made. I need to get a move on before Summer arrives!! :)xx

      Delete
  5. Wonderful shirts Dee! I am so glad you made them. I so enjoyed your models Tatty is new to me and what a great model. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger. Tatty was called Bobby for a while but I kept thinking of her as Tatty , so changed her name, she does not feature very often just waits quietly for her turn in the sun :)xxx

      Delete