Thursday 19 May 2016

SASHA CELEBRATION WEEKEND CRAFTS

Saturday morning after breakfast we met up to do some crafts. I managed to take a few photo's and did join in with one of the crafts but due to chatting the time soon whizzed round and it was time to clear up! I wanted to make a puppet but luckily Anna gave the kits out, so I have it to make later.



This was Jane's table , where you could make a small crocheted bag for your doll or decorate one Jane had already made. I did managed to do this craft and made a nice bag for one of my girls. Jane very kindly gave me another to embellish at my leisure.


Judith's table for making a baby play mat of roads complete with a little car , a popular table.


This is Theresa's mask making table , I have a mask to make another time.


Some of the masks people made. very phantom of the opera!


Anna's Marionette table another popular craft.


A, marionette awaiting his tail feathers.


Emma's Slipper making table.

So lots of industrious people working away on presents for their Sasha's.

Many thanks to all the people who spent time getting these crafts together for us to enjoy , they obviously spent a long time and put a lot of effort into the planning and designing of these items.

Everyone was having a great time trying their hand at the different things.

I try not to take photo's of people as I consider that I need their permission to put on their photo's but if I cannot avoid them being in the photo's  I do not name them. I believe it's  common courtesy to ask before taking someone's photo and placing it on a public site.

10 comments:

  1. The craft sessions from 10am to 1.00pm were just AMAZING yet again!
    The thoughts and preparations that went into them were second to none.
    MY sincere thanks again to Dollmum, Judith, Theresa, Emma and Paula for their time, both before and at the SCW and the wonderful enjoyment and marvellous creativity they provided.
    (These 2015/2016 SCW Sasha craft workshops IMO have been the VERY BEST ever! Congratulations to the leaders and designers.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a lot of work was put in by the tutors and everyone enjoyed the morning and also as something to show for it!

      Delete
  2. Ths looks so much fun. Wish I could have made a marionette for Bertie. He has only one toy, poor lad! The slippers would be a useful skill too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was . Maybe Bertie should ask father Christmas for a Marionette? ;)

      Delete
  3. The marionette awaiting his tail feathers was left like that on purpose - he was my model for everyone to see how it all fitted together. on the other side Florence was holding the duck marionette who is truly unique - I decided after making him up that cutting and shaping 4 small pieces of wood for each marionette (45 kits) was going to be far too time consuming and tedious for me so ostrich with longer legs and neck and ready made beads for feet and head was the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looked good waiting to show everyone how it was done! I can totally go with not adding even more work to making 45 kits which was I am sure was more than enough with getting everything together x 45 !
      A great starter kit for everyone involved :)

      Delete
  4. Those little marionettes were so cute, I would have liked to have got a kit from Anna, I didn't realise she had spares :( They looked very cute. The workshops were very well done and well presented, a lot of hard work went into them by the ladies who ran them.
    I think a lot of fun was had by all :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think we were supposed to go round and collect any kits we didn't get the chance to make. They had put a lot of work into getting everything ready for us to try.
      It was all very quiet and busy :)

      Delete
  5. I loved the craft time which is usually a time where I am sadly lacking any talent. But DollMum was a wonderful teacher and I managed to make the marionette, a mask and I sewed a button or two on Jane's knitted bag. I missed Emma's shoes and Judith's play mat since I ran out of time. All of the workshops were wonderful! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you managed to get round quicker than me but then I did spend most of my time chatting! :)xxx

      Delete