Tuesday 18 March 2014

A DISCOVERY IS MADE....

While the girls try to work out and move towards the sound of what they believe is Mossy's voice, the voice continues talking..


" ...and another thing I cannot stay here all night! I have not even had any dinner! That tiny piece of honeycomb was hours ago " Mossy grumbles " I could starve to death at this rate! Then what will you tell people when they find my dead but extremely handsome body ? eh? "


" I came with you without a fight ! but well A bear needs to eat you know ! Or maybe you did not? " he pauses for the briefest of moments before carrying on " well maybe the Queen did not teach you how to look after bears, so it's not really your fault! But I need a big sandwich and I do need it soon or my tummy will start making lots and lots of noise ..."
"Enough!" says a voice " Can you not stop talking!"


Mossy jumps up and starts walking round the pot " I am sure your mother the Queen would not be impressed with your manners! In fact she would not be impressed by any of what you have been up to!"


Laura and Kristie are now outside listening to Mossy talking . " Can you see anything ? " whispers Laura
" No !" replies Kristie.


" Yes Yes !" says Kristie in an excited whisper " I can just make out his shape "


" My family will be getting very worried soon and then you'll be in big trouble!"


" Do you EVER STOP talking! " ask Elfine " I do not think you have stopped since you caught me in that house creeping down the stairs " Mossy goes to speak but Elfine cuts him off " Oh I'm sorry you did stop talking for a while ! When you were stuffing your face with honeycomb ! "
" That's very rude Princess Elfine what would your mother say!"
Elfine ignores him and continues " Even when you sleep you snore so loud it's a wonder they've not thrown you out of the house themselves!"


" Well if I am such a trial young lady I'll be going home!" huffs Mossy
" No you will not!" says Elfine " I am sure I can use you to get what I want!"
" And what is that? " asks a worried Mossy
" Never you mind "


Laura and Kristie have managed to move into a place where they can see what's happening. Mossy and a stranger are arguing inside the greenhouse.


Suddenly the stranger appears at the door and walks off leaving Mossy Calling out " If you are going shopping bring me back a sandwich!" Elfine ignores him " Oh and a nice cake ! Elfine Elfine ! did you hear me...? ELLLL FINNEEE "


"Ouch! " say Kristie " You are laying on my arm!"
" Oh sorry " says Laura moving away " thank goodness she did not see us! "
"Yes "
" What are we going to do? "
" Go and get help " says Kristie " We cannot get Mossy she's just moved over to the side , she can see the door from where she's sitting"
The girls crawl away through the shrubs hoping that the Elfine will think the sound is  just an animal looking for food!.


Elfine sat on the old fallen log wondering how it had all gone so wrong! She'd only gone in the house to get a change of clothes! She was fed up with waiting for that Mrs Mum to make her something!
She found the clothes she was now wearing in amongst all those village children's things and they were too wide for her slim frame but at least they were clean!
Why did that noisy nosy old bear have to come face to knee with her on the stairs and open his mouth to start shouting out to wake everyone!
Now she was stuck with his constant talking about his fans , his little miss , bears and anything else that comes into his tiny head and out his very loud mouth!!!


Sighing she gets to her feet  " I suppose I'll have to take him back and hope I don't get in too much trouble " she starts back to the greenhouse " Maybe they'll be pleased that they had some peace and quiet while he was gone and thank me !" she brightens up at the thought!



Meanwhile Laura and Kristie are hurrying back to the house, talking nineteen to the dozen at what they have seen and how to save poor  Mossy!!

********************************************************************************

10 comments:

  1. Ah ha! The threads of the story are coming together, a mysterious appearance from months ago is becoming clear and the two super sleuth visitors are making discoveries while Mr Mossy is (thank goodness) as irrepressible as ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two super sleuths may decide to leave Mossy where he is , if he does not stop talking!!

      Delete
  2. It was quite hard for me to keep my mind on the intriguing unfolding sory as I was so attracted to how absolutely magnificent all the plants all looked in the flashlight......particularly the third and second to last ones.......so much so, that I had to go back afterwards and just read the wording!

    What a fabulous lemon tree! Did you use any from there for Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day? I've never seen one so full of the fruit in the UK before. Do you keep it in the greenhouse throughout the year?

    I was rather surprised that Elfine hadn't placed Mr Mossy actually BEHIND the plastic netting
    as though he were behind prison bars. Mind you, it would have been a dangerous jump for him from that height and might have shattered his emerald jewel, so guess that he was just as trapped on the outside of them.

    Loved the bit '....when he came face to knee!' Very clever use of the old saying.
    Now patiently awaiting THE RESCUE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the plants took your eyes off the untidiness of the greenhouse, I had no time to clean up due to lateness of hour and fading light!
      We have not used any lemons from the tree this year so far, it winters in the greenhouse but comes out into the garden during the warmer months, this is its best year so far for fruit.

      If Mossy had been behind the bars you would have only seen his head! and there fore he would have been unable to walk along the pot rim talking and talking!!
      Yes now for the ending...

      Delete
  3. Oooh. Another redhead....hmmmmm.....a relation of the Ice Queen's son, Lucas, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not be surprised if there was a family connection :)

      Delete
  4. Your Elfine is a sweet red headed darling!
    I can't wait to see more pictures of her :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do love these Kaye Wigge bjd dolls

      Delete
  5. Oooh so the story unfolds, that's where Mr Mossy is!! I'm not surprised though that Elfine wants to send him home, he is a bit of a chatter box of a bear, isn't he!
    Glad to see your Kaye Wiggs girl again, it reminds me how much I like mine and yet left the poor girls at home!! I really do need to show them more attention.
    I loved the photo of the two visitors hiding in the plant life, LOL, they'll need a good bath before they set off for home! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's Elfine who was in search of new clothes who took Mossy which I think she now wishes she had not!!
      I wonder how many thought it would be lucas???
      I'm pleased to say that due to the dry weather the girls hiding in the shrubs came out as clean as they went in!! did not want to get in trouble from their mothers!! :)

      Delete