Sunday 16 March 2014

BREAKFAST TOAST AND BEARS..


The girls are sitting eating breakfast. Kristie is feeling a little down because everyone she's asked says they did not hear any noise or a door slamming, she's beginning to feel she must have dreamt the whole thing.


All's been quiet while the girls munch on their toast deep in thought then they are joined by Gertie and Aimee.
" Good morning " the little pair call as they sit at the table.

"We need a cushion " say Gertie
" So it would appear " replies Aimee, they get down find a cushion and then return to the table.


"that's better " says Gertie looking over at the girls " Did you sleep well ? "


Before they can answer the bears start discussing what to have for breakfast. " That toast looks nice " says Gertie
" Yes it does " replies Aimee " Oh look there's one croissant left ! I really should not have it I need to watch my weight!"
" Well I have been watching your weight " says Gertie " and it's doing very well.....going up!"


"Why You Cheeky bear! " exclaims Aimee " I'll have you know I lost half a ounce last week!"
" Yes you did " confirms Gertie " Of butter that fell out your shopping basket on the way home!"
Aimee giggles " I was so looking forward to having that butter on my crumpets too!"


Kristie decides to have one more try at seeing if anyone heard anything strange last night, so she asks the bears.
" Pass the jam please " is the first thing Gertie says closely followed by " The only thing that happened last night was that Mossy treading on my ear! "
" Oh yes " says Aimee " How is it dear? Has the throbbing stopped yet? "


" Only just !" complains Gertie " I'm sure he trod on me on purpose ! I was waiting for him to come back so I could slap his feet! But I waited so long I fell back to sleep "

" He's a little tike that one " confirms Aimee " his mother should have given him a few extra swipes when he was growing up!"
Gertie nods in agreement.
"Where was he going ? " asks Kristie in excitement
" Oh downstairs to get a honey sandwich ! " replies Aimee " That bear could eat for England! "
" The thought Pot kettle and black comes to mind " mutters Gertie.


Kristie looks at Laura, who looks back her eyes big and round. " So he did not come back " Kristie repeats
" I just said he did not but wait until I see him later , he'll better run pretty quick!" Gertie grumbles


Kristie jumps down from the table " Come on Laura we need to get dressed !"
" Why ? " asks Laura
" Because of Mossy ! He's missing !"
" Yes he's missing being thumped " says Gertie's voice from the other end of the table.


 Laura gets down and moves to leave closely followed by Kristie " We need to look for clues ! " she says excitedly " Bye Gertie, Aimee enjoy your grits " and with that the girl's are gone!


"Grits? What is that child on about! What with all that sugar she's eating it must be turning her daft!" says Gertie
" Well never mind them , pass that jam I want to eat this croissant before it goes hard !"
" Yeh! Like that would stop you eating it!" laughs Gertie


 " Does that milk say its made of eraser? " asks Gertie " I want some milk but not if it's an eraser!"
" No silly it's says Erasure you know that pop group from a while back " Aimee hums to herself for a minute " I love to hate youuu " she suddenly sings
" Charming! " says Gertie crossly
" No Gertie " sighs Aimee " That's one of their songs... remember Woah oh oh oh woah oh oh oh, Love and hate what a beautiful combination , sending shivers up and down my spine!...remember "
Gertie carries on putting lots of jam on her toast, while Aimee sings and munches on her food... " Woah oh oh mmm woah oh mmm "
" Stop singing while you are eating !" says Gertie
Aimee ignores her friend and carries on only to start choking...

Toby who is passing the breakfast room hears , singing and coughing  followed by a couple of thumps and Aimee bellowing " What are you doing Gertie ? You are supposed to hit a choking persons back not thump them on the head !"
" You've stopped choking haven't you? " states Gertie
" Oh So I have !"
"Then eat your breakfast "...........................


*****************************************************************************


14 comments:

  1. I'm once more enjoying your special humour. Please don't stop telling stories ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this one needs to run a day or two longer for us to discover whats happened to Mossy! :)

      Delete
  2. Another brilliant episode of Village life in rural Hertfordshire! I am intrigued, I wonder if Mr Mossy is really missing, has something happened to this famous bear???? I think a lot of hearts will be broken if anything amiss has happened, that's for sure.
    In the meantime, love the little breakfast scene, the real toast...(I have to say that when I looked at the little toastie squares and the jam, I felt a bit hungry and missing bread, it's been a while since I ate any!!).
    I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment!!! Keep 'em coming please Dee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows where or what that Mossy is up too! I'm sure he'll not be missed if anythings happened to him, he only as about two admirers.. ;)
      I must confess to munching on at least two of the squares of toast because I am not supposed to be eating bread at present! I did not put any jam on them!!
      Next installment tomorrow...

      Delete
  3. So the detectives are on the trail of missing Mossy. We're glad they didn't eat the bears for breakfast (we read the blog post title too fast the first time!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are off! I'm glad they did not eat the bears for breakfast! They'd never find Mossy then!!

      Delete
  4. Adore that breakfast scene! Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day and this one looks so inviting...especially the toast!
    Bread in any shape or form along with eggs and butter are foods that I like to always be in plentiful supply in my cupboards and fridge.

    Love the girls in their nightwear sitting round the table enjoying their breakfast.... and then being joined by those two little girly bears.

    Enjoying as the mystery of the 'bumps in the night' unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendal, I also love bread and jam or marmalade on toast is a lovely way to start the day!!
      Yes the tale is unfolding and even I do not know what route it will take!!

      Delete
  5. Was in the other room and had to see why there was so much laughing - Lora laughed sooooo hard at the bears not wanting to eat erasers!
    She's really enjoying the stories of your visitors.
    She plans to spend the evening looking down our lane just in case a certain Mr M is on his way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I love to make my followers laugh or smile ! Glad Lora is enjoying the tale so far.
      It could be worth just checking that lane in case that cheeky little bear's not decided to visit his no 1 fan!! although he does not have a passport and would probably get on the wrong plane or boat and find himself in america!!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, your level of attention to the smallest of details is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josie, although sometimes I will miss the glaring error in the photo!! but I do try :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely post Dee! The table is so nice with the breakfast items that look yummy!!! I would like to enjoy grits with Gertie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger, I am so glad I bought that table when I saw it! it's just perfect for these dinning scenes. I'm noy 100per cent sure what grits are so I think I'll give it a miss :)

      Delete