Saturday 15 March 2014

THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT !!

The girls Kristie and Laura have had a very full and eventful day, so are very tired and are asleep in the bedroom they are sharing for the their visit.


They had been given the best guest bedroom and although they had to share the bed, they were happy because it was nice to have some company when the lights go out and you are staying in a strange place.


Looks like someone was reading before lights out! and they did not put their boots away!


Now this young lady is very tidy putting her boots under the chair so she will not trip over them and I see she does have some water in case she gets thirsty in the night.
All is quiet and only the sound of sweet sleeping can be heard but then a muffled yelp! followed by a thud! and then the distant sound of a door slamming!!!


Kristie sits straight upright not even sure what's disturbed her sleep but knowing that something strange has happened!


Laura disturbed by Kristies sudden movement stretches her arms over her head mumbling "I was having a lovely dream about a dragon! What's the matter? "
" Did y'all hear that noise ? " asks Kristie in a loud whisper
" No " yawns Laura " What noise? "
"Like a body being dragged across the hall!  Like a door slamming shut ! " answers Kristie with a shiver


Laura sits up yawning while Kristie turns on the lamp " Body! What door? " she asks
" Well I don't know Sugar! I was sound asleep when it woke me!"



Laura's owl comes to settle between the girl's having been wide awake, which is what owl do, and heard everything! but can only say " Whooo? "
" We don't know who" say Laura " maybe it was Hattie going out "
" At this time of night!" scoffs Kristie " I'm sure it cannot be one of the village children..it sounded...sneaky..like a robber!"
Laura giggles " I don't think a robber would dare to steal anything from a house with Hattie, Edward the panda and Reuben in it!"
Kristie sighs " Mm you could be right but some thing just does not feel right!"
" Well we have not heard any more noise while we have been awake , so I'm going back to sleep " and saying that Laura lies back down.


Kristie sits up for a while longer listening hard for any strange sounds but all she hears is the normal sounds that a house makes when it settles down for the night.



After a while Laura complains that she cannot get back to sleep with the lamp on, so Kristie turns it off.


It takes a while for Laura to fall asleep and even longer for Kristie her mind trying to work out exactly what the sound was that woke her!!! Well she'll ask all the others in the house if they heard anything in the morning, she hopes she was not just dreaming!!

*******************************************************************************

9 comments:

  1. I'm afraid as well, if there are alarming noises in my house.
    Good to know there are bears and brave girls (and Mrs.Mum of course) to catch any robber or dislogde what ever there is -and don't have to be there!

    Love the owl looking through the lattice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne :) I know that It's me that hears any noise in this house and goes to look while mr O sleeps the sleep of the innocent !!!
      That Owl gets about!

      Delete
  2. Love the spare/guest bedroom scene. It looks so cosy and inviting that it might even tempt me to come down and stay there as well!
    The bedlinen and wall hanging quilt are just delightful and great use of those beautifully carved wooden chairs as bedside tables.
    Noticed how Laura's little white Barn owl has flown down from perching on the wrought iron bed head and is now snuggled under the warm quilt

    Fortunately I'm one of those people who fall asleep straight away once my head touches the pillow so probably the only noise to be heard here would be my hopefully 'ladylike' snoring!
    I think that the reason that I can sleep so soundly is that I have seventy little pairs of eyes watching over the house as my Sasha Dolls never seem to close their eyes.

    Fab post as usual. I always ADORE your story telling/poetry posts the very best.....nobody does it better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the spare/guest room, like all homes there is not always enough furniture so other things need to be used, like chairs for bedside tables!
      The fab little lamp you gave the clan for Christmas came in very handy! :)
      You are like Paul, sound asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow, while my mind decides to go over a few hundred things before allowing sleep to come!
      Glad you are enjoying the tale only hope you enjoy it all!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Love these photos Dee! A comfy bed, warm quilt, and a good book with eye glasses by the bed--it is perfect. Sweet owl looks so cute, tucked-in too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger, yes a nice comfy bed and a good book, sounds lovely :)
      Owl is very cheeky getting himself a comfy spot under the covers!!

      Delete
  4. Another brilliant story Dee, I so enjoy these goings on in The Village. That guest room is gorgeous, and as Kendal so rightly said, makes me want to come and stay, the bed looks very cosy. I love the quilt and the wall hanging one too, they're very pretty.
    Well I wonder what it could be that caused the bump in the night, and will the mystery be solved in your next blog post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I must say I would not mind a room like that myself! These Sasha's have all the comforts in this house!
      Personally I never heard a sound! and usually I am awake for quite a while....wonder what happened?...

      Delete
  5. DmD and I have managed to catch up with the latest instalments in the story, she has been doing a school project all day and is just finishing it off. The bedside lamp is familiar to Laura as she got one for Christmas. I'm glad you had a nightdress for her to borrow, she forgot to pack anything! I hope Kristie managed to go to sleep eventually.

    ReplyDelete