Friday 14 March 2014

THE VISITORS GO VISITING!!

The two visitors, Kristie and Laura have been enjoying their stay. Ginny and Hattie found some clothes for Kristie to use while she stays, so that she was on 'trend' and also because Kristie comes from Alabama where it's lovely and warm and is now in England where' it's warm one minute and freezing the next.

Ginny takes the girls for a walk in the garden.


When they are half way up the garden in the Cloisters " This is where mum's new studio will be " Ginny tells the girl's.


" We could visit Drago while we are here " says Ginny " If you would like to? "


" Whoo! " say Laura's owl.
" Drago " says Ginny " our dragon "


" A DRAGON! " says Kristie in excitement " How cool! ya'll have a dragon!!"
" Well he does not belong to us " Ginny tell's them " but he lives in our garden when he's not off visiting his Aunty in Loch Ness "
" His aunt lives in Loch Ness! " says Laura worriedly


Laura's not sure she wants to meet a DRAGON! but after the others talk to her , she says she'll come but she's not getting close to any dragon!


Ginny takes them up to the entrance to Drago's cave . Laura and Kristie look on, Laura worriedly and Kristie in excitement!


Ginny calls out under the cover of the bench that shields Drago's cave from view. After a while he arrives asking " What is all tha racket! Can a dragon no have sum peace n quiet!"
" Hello Drago " says Ginny " I have brought our two visitors to see you "
" Visitors? Eh ! " growls Drago " Well where are they? "


" H e  llo " says Laura in almost a whisper
"Well Hi ya! Drago it's sure lovely to meet a real live Dragon!" says Kristie
"Whoo " say Laura's owl.


"I canna barely sees yoose !" exclaims Drago , despite having 20/20 vision " Come closer where I can sees yoose tasty little selves!" he just about manages not to grin!
Laura's owl jumps down and hops towards Drago.


" Drago! " says Ginny sternly " Don't frighten them !"
Drago gives Ginny a look whispering " dinna spoil ma fun lassie "


Suddenly Laura's Owl flies up onto Drago's snout !
" What! " growls Drago " I canna see a thing ! Is yoose ma midday snack eh!! "


" Oh NO! " cries Laura " NO! get down before he eats you!"
Flora the village owl flies up and joins Laura's owl who is now sitting on Drago's head " Whoo? " she asks
"Calm down Laura Drago is just playing he would not eat your owl ! He's a vegetarian ! "
"Ginny dinna tell the world ! Ya dundahead! I'll never live it doon if the other dragons find oot!"


Laura gathers all her courage and goes up to Drago and gives in a shaking pat on the shoulder 
"You'll no tell ma secret will ya lassie? " whispers Drago
" No sir " Laura whispers back then collecting her owl she turns away.


Laura's legs come over all weak and she needs to rest against the pram and get her energy back!


Kristie goes forward to pet Drago " Why Sugar you feel quite nice not cold at all!"
Mystified Drago says " I canna eat sugar , I haf ta watch ma weight! "


"Why y'all is just a sweetheart " say Kristie " maybe y'all would like to come visit the US of A!"
" Yoose from America? " says Drago " I'll give it some thought " he continues " Now I canna stand here no more lolly gagging to yoose lot !!  I have a ta go finish watchin ma film "


"What film are you watching? " asks Ginny as Drago heads back under the bench and towards his cave.
" A fabulous film o Scotland , sunshine o Leith " the he starts singing " When ya goo will ya send back a letta from Americaaaaa ! Take a looka at the rail track from Miami to Can A Daaaaaaaaaaaa"
He vanishes into the dark his voice eerily echoing back to the girls " Sutherland no moor! Lewis no moor Skye no moor!......." his voice fades away.
" I canna .. I mean I cannot wait to tell my muma that I met a real live Dragon!" says Kristie, Laura nods in agreement!


***********************************************

13 comments:

  1. Ooooh what a lovely and sweet time the girls had meeting Drago! He is an incredibly friendly dragon I must say and it looks like the girls really enjoyed their encounter. I think they're both going to have so much to tell their mums when they return home!
    PS Love this story Dee, you are such a great storyteller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I think the girls will be glad to have a rest once they get back home after looking round the village.

      Delete
  2. I begin to feel just like a child myself when I listen to you tell these home-made stories. involving the Sasha Dolls and life at the Sasha Village!
    My late mother had this delightful 'knack' too and I know my young daughter couldn't ever get enough of them especially ....when they featured her favourite toys etc.

    Very inventive entance for Drago's cave.

    Super way to spend your Friday off work and out in the fresh air and brilliant sunshine!
    Thanks a mill for this bedtime story. Good job that he's a friendly dragon as don't want to spend my night having nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendal :) I try to use what 'props' I can find in the garden when blogging! and as usual it takes me to when the sun is almost gone before I get may act together to sort out the photo's but it's lovely when it works!
      Glad I did not cause any nightmares I don't wnat Chon banning you from reading the blog!!
      Dee

      Delete
  3. .......just what I thought Kendal! What a lovely story and don't the girls look great in those pretty dresses. Thanks and well done Dee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jude, glad you are enjoying the visit !

      Delete
  4. DmD asked this evening when she got home from piano 'any blog posts?' and I said 'no'. I've come back from an evening singing to see you latest story, she is in bed but I won't wake her to show her that not only is Laura pushing one of those lovely prams but her owl is having fun with Drago the dragon! So this will be a breakfast story for her in the morning, she will be delighted that Laura and her new friends in the village and from the USA are having fun and haven't started solving mysteries yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope DmD liked the story :) Laura's owl likes to get about and shows no fear of Dragons! The tale is about to unfold only hope I can get it done in time....

      Delete
  5. Love that dragon, talking in a special dialect.
    Nice photos in your garden - dolls and prams and owls. Great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, Drago is from Scotland , so talks with a scottish accent!
      Glad you liked the photo's :)

      Delete
  6. Dee, it appears my Kristie is having the time of her life! And please thank the girls for loaning her some warm clothes to wear while she is in England.She's going to be tough to live with once she arrives back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty, glad you feel we are looking after her! She seems to be having a great time and is looking forward to going on to Aunty Shelly once her visits finished to have her eye op.
      She is a lovely girl and making great friends with the village children and Laura.
      Hope she behaves when she returns ...:)

      Delete
  7. What a great post Dee! I love the sweet owls, pretty pram, lovely girls and I am now a big Drago fan! My favorite photo is the close up of Drago and Kristie with the well placed little owl. Just wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete