Sunday 19 April 2015

BUSY WEEKEND

Well no Sasha play time this weekend due to other things needing my attention!

Yesterday I went to visit my youngest daughter and helped her with her garden. It is not very wide about 16 ft and probably about 45 ft long but the previous owner had planted some big shrubs that were leaning out towards the middle in search of the sun! Therefore cutting the garden almost in half!

So after some cutting back and digging out, they now have a much bigger looking garden , can move their washing line further up the garden and put in some nice flowering plants to brighten the summer days ahead.
Sorry no photo's as I did not take the camera with me.

Then today was time to work on our garden, there is much that needs doing now the weathers improved and the weeds are trying to take over!!Plus as we have agreed to open it for the church again this year we need to start now

I did however buy something for my Sasha's today, to be revealed at a later date, it just needs one or two little changes to make it perfect for them... :)

I am working on a donation to the US Sasha festival which I need to get finished and into the post and not leave it to the last minute as usual !

Izzy had a rumbling stomach today so would not eat anything but grass, so we could not give her her insulin injection this morning because she needs to eat before she as it. So we had to call the vets because they had told us to do this if this happened, luckily they said as long as she appeared stable on her legs and not really tired it could wait until she was feeling better. Well she was still eating grass, was not even interested in a piece of carrot, which she loves! So I was checking on her and watching her breathing while she slept on the carpet beside me , when I was on computer...was that breathing normal...did that final part seem like she was in pain!!

Well dogs eat grass to make themselves sick, which Izzy was a few times during the day but then finally when I was feeding that cats at 4 pm she seemed very perky, so I gave her a piece of carrot and she wolfed it down and came back for another piece! At last she was feeling better!

So tonight she had her dinner and then her injection, worry over... thank goodness! The vet when she first started on the insulin made such a big deal about her not eating and missing the injection that I had visions of dashing to the vets with Izzy a deaths door! Now it's happened I will know what to do should it happen again without the need to call the vet and also what to look out for!

A lot's happening at work over the next several weeks, lots of changes and things to train on. I am off to London on Tuesday to spend the day in a branch and see how things work ready for yet two more visit's to London for two more training days!!

Hopefully I will be able to keep things happening on the blog but it may not be quite as regular as usual or you may suddenly get half a dozen posts one after the other, so check back in case you have missed a couple!! If I get a couple of ideas and then something arrives and I want to share , they could be like London buses and all arrive at once!!

Fingers crossed my new Sasha should be on her way here by the end of the week and then it's no more for a good few months unless it's a gem in the rough that cannot be overlooked! Or that other one I have had my eye on....


I thought I would share this photo of Mimi looking good in Purple Vintage Sasha last year.

I'll not be able to post out the winners prizes until Wednesday, so you can stop looking for the post until Thursday on wards!

Enjoy the coming week .


********************************************************************************

13 comments:

  1. Have a good week Dee! And don't work too hard !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dee
    Hope the weeks of hard, non-Sasha work fly by.
    So glad Izzy is feeling more carrotty!
    Love the photo of Mimi - want to see pics of your gardening efforts too, when there's time.
    Sill locked out of Yahhoo - might need to pick your and Sharon's brains re email adresses I can't access as they are now ignoring all my pleas for help - no point in backing things up if the back up source won't let you in either! .................

    So - hello Kendal and Ronny.........can't get to you via email.

    Love,
    J xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen
      Thanks. I do love Mimi in that Purple outfit. I will send you some info.
      The garden efforts were more to do with sweep and weeding so not really much to see!
      Dee xxx

      Delete
    2. .....and 'Hello' to you and SS too. Have been trying to keep off the computer in the hope that it might help with the Vertigo

      Delete
  3. Same here :
    life and nature are constantly calling for my presence
    and I get sore muscles and sunburn :)

    Don't forget to relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will miss you Anne, while you are out doing your veggie plot and garden, make sure to rest those muscles and wear a hat ! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for you kind words and suggestions!

      If I'm old I shall wear purple ...hats!
      Off for shopping
      *gg

      Delete
    3. We LOVE purple hats!! :)

      Delete
  4. What a busy weekend you had, made me feel exhausted just reading it!!!!
    I hope you get some more Sasha time next weekend.
    Lovely photo of Mimi and her pretty VS outfit.....the colour is perfect for her :)
    Big hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. There is always something to do if you have a garden as you know!
      I have a few things to share so should re appear later in week hopefully :)
      hugs Dee xxx

      Delete
  5. These daughters of ours! We wouldn't be without them though!
    Pleased that Izzy has now recovered and is back onto eating her favourite treat.
    Looking forward to seeing your latest Sasha Doll and related item after it's few 'tweaks!'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dee! Your Mimi is beautiful in purple. So nice to help your daughter with the gardening. Very wonderful :) xxx

    ReplyDelete