Monday 6 April 2015

TWO SPEND SOME TIME IN THE GARDEN

Today I helped Paul replace the workshop roof. When I say helped I was his assistant there to make sure he did not fall off, to help with the boards that he could not lift on his own and to hold things on the roof while he climbed on and off.
In between my work as his assistant, I took some photo's to save me just standing around , here are the results.


Ashley came outside to keep me company while I worked.

 a close look at the lovely Ashley's face.


Paige came to keep Ashley company while I helped Dad.


Paige could have blended into the garden in all her green!


A closer view of little Paige.


Is Dad calling? Paige asks


Ashley watch's Mum rush off.


I wonder where Paige is?


Oh there she is !


The girls are left waiting on the side of the Lych gate.


Paige watches some ants walking by..


Meanwhile at the other end of the Lych Gate Ashley is watching a little duck that's flown onto the side in front of her.
Ashley does not like birds to be too close, she worries that they will fly up and get caught in her hair.
" nice duck " says Ashley nervously " Go back down there nice duck, shoo !"


Suddenly another bigger duck arrives. " Oh No ! " whispers Ashley then slightly louder says " Nice ducks go away nice ducks...please.. !"


"HOY! " says a loud voice " get away from my sister SHOO!" Paige rushes up behind the ducks who quickly fly back down and waddle off quacking noisily about loud rude little girls with no manners!


"You okay Ash ? " Paige asks


" I feel so silly " says Ashley
" Oh don't be " replies Paige giving her a quick hug " I am the same with beetle " she shivers " They make me cry! Come on lets go play somewhere until mum gets back !"


"These are new!" says Paige
"Well the paving's not " replies Ashley " It's been about for years but Mum said she wanted some paving here and Dad said he use this old stuff for now "


Paige looks around while Ashley continues " Dad said he could put some pots on here but Mum's thinking a bench for us kids and a few flowers for the twins to look after "


" Well I like Mum's idea " says Paige looking round.

" I agree " says Ashley " we'll have to talk Dad into letting us have this area " they look around for a little longer, then Ashley suggests they go find somewhere to sit.


"This is better " sighs Ashley " We can keep an eye on Dad while Mum makes him a cup of tea!"


" We could do with a bench just like this " muses Paige
" But much smaller " answers Ashley " Mind you we have got the wooden one those bears keep hogging!"
"Mm that's true " agrees Paige " yes a nice wooden bench would be really good in our new garden "
" It's not ours yet!" Ashley reminds Paige
Paige smiles , she knows Dad cannot say no to one of his girls.......................................

*********************************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. They do look good in their spring coats - just right for today's glorious weather which wasn't quite warm enough for short sleeves. Their own bench in the garden sounds like a good idea. Our girls have been out in the garden today - they were brave and had short sleeves, but it was warm at the time and they weren't out for long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those coats are so well made and come in such a lovely range of colours. Yes it was a little chilly first thing and a coat was needed.
      I am not sure if I can get those Bears to give up that bench! It holds so many of them!!

      Delete
    2. that just means you need another bench for the dolls.

      Delete
    3. Why what a wonderful excuse! :) like I ever really need one..... maybe I could have a word with Paul...I just remembered something I wanted him to make me ....... :)

      Delete
  2. Adorable post! The outdoor photos are wonderful! Ashley is stunning and I love her beautiful face. Paige is just the sweetest sister ever to help shoo away the ducks. What a brave girl! It is so nice to have sisters!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger. Ashley is one of my favourites as is her sister Paige, these gilrs do all stick up for each other ! :)xx

      Delete
  3. A wonderful post, Dee! The girls look great in their seasonal outfits,
    How did the re-roofing go? Have you forced Paul out......erm....I mean, has Paul kindly moved some of his workshop things over in order for you to have a wonderful Sasha studio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni. The re roofing when very very well now I just have to get Paul to move his things to his part of the workshop...that could take a while!!

      Delete
  4. Great idea for filling the timegaps: lovely photos in spring colours!
    Hope your dH was successful and the sun keeps shining to dry your roof.

    Later we'll see the Sashaspace with the new bench?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Yes It gave me something to do while standing about waiting to be called to keep carry things!

      If I can get that bench off those bears I may be able to see it down there at the weekend, weather permitting!!

      Delete
  5. I love those colours on the girls, both such pretty girls too. And my favourite photos are those where the little Paige is peeping out from one end of the Lynchgate, how sweet is that! She looks beautiful. I really do love those early redheads :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I am really pleased at how they both look in the clothing. That photo of Paige peeping out round the post came out even better than I hoped !
      I do so love all the redheads ;) xxx

      Delete