Sunday 15 June 2014

HELP US GET HATTIE SMOCKED!

Hattie agreed to put a dress on and she found this lovely red one by Ginny of A passion for Sasha that had arrived this week. But a lovely smocked one by Karen also arrived and I wanted her to wear that one, so she could be part of the smocked photo shoot!




So she gave out a challenge ! If I can get at least TEN photo's of non village Sasha's wearing smocked dresses on this post, she'll  change into the new dress with proper matching shoes!!! and Socks!! and I can put the photo on the end after all the others!!

So calling all Ladies and Gents out there please send me your Photo's of your girls in their smocked dresses so that Hattie has to do as she agreed and wear a smocked dress!!!

And much to her surprise and annoyance we already have a photo waiting in the wings!!!


So Number ONE is from Carol in Canada whose little Miss is wearing a lovely smocked dress by Lesley of Special Delivery.

We await more!!My email address is on the sales page.



And here is number TWO , a beautiful photo from Ellen Church, who is, like me, a lover of smocked dresses for Sasha. I believe this dress is by Karen of Karensyarn . Ellen very kindly sent me lots to chose from, so I will feature the others in a separate post as Hattie demanded that each entry had to be from someone different! I pointed out she had not said this in the beginning but just received a glare with folded arms and tapping foot!!


Well in order of appearance in my email .


Is number THREE from Michelle of her girl Teagan wearing a beautiful dress by Lesley of Special Delivery, I love this daisy print design and the blue suits Teagan perfectly.



Number FOUR is from Gill of her girl Poppy again wearing a beautiful blue and white dress by Lesley, I do so love the red haired girls in Blue and white.



Number FIVE yes Hattie that's number FIVE...Half way!!
Is sent to us by the lovely Catherine French! Yes she of the Hen's teeth fame! and this is far and away rarer than Hen's teeth this is Hen's DENTURES!!!!!!
Catherine very kindly sent five to chose from and I would have put them all on but for that rogue Hattie's late rule change!! But I will show the others in the post containing Ellen Church's and any other extra's I receive

Hattie you'd best go and have a bath and get into your dressing gown I can feel a smocked dress coming your way!! No ! Do not got back out into the garden to help Dad with the planting ! Yes I do know it's father's day , yes and you should do nice things for him , why not put the kettle on and make him a cuppa? Hattie ! HATTIE ! YOU WILL BE HAVING A BATH READY FOR THE DRESS....H A T T I EEEE!

That child will be the end of me! Well only five more to go but there's no need to stop at five any extra's can be added to the number of day's she'll have to keep the dress on..... shame you left so early Hattie you have just missed MY late rule change........
Now I'm off to study Catherine's dresses and wonder how I can get my hands ..I mean how I can find such items in the future.....



number SIX is the beautiful Grace who lives with Joyce Jordan down there in Cornwall and our first No Navel girl, which makes her doubly welcome.
Grace tells me her dress is by the talented Cyria and it's looks beautiful on Grace and I must just say that the Hydrangeas behind are the prefect backdrop to this blue vision.


Number SEVEN is Holly who had eye surgery by Dr Shelly Baxter of the Middlesex eye clinic  and she is wearing a heavenly Cherry smocked dress and standing in amongst the mock orange blooms, so a picture high on healthy fruit!
Holly's mum Jenni from over there in Wales sent some more photo's of her lovely girls and they will be included in the following post SMOCKED!!

Excuse me one moment I just need to speak to Hattie in the garden  " HATTIE!!! IT's up to SEVEN NOW ONLY THREE TO GO!!!! GET OUT OF THAT MUD HOLE AND GET TO THE BATHROOM.. PARDON? DAD WANTS IT FINISHED TONIGHT! I'LL GO ASK HIM... HE IS NOT DOWN IN THE GREENHOUSE HE IS SITTING BEHIND ME IN THE LOUNGE DRINKING TEA AND WATCHING THE NEWS....YOU DID NOT REALISE....YES EXACTLY.... INDOORS..now.....

sorry about that..now where was I oh yes just three more and she caught! ....




Number EIGHT is the beautiful Chloe from the USA wearing a lovely lilac and white floral summer smocked dress with matching lilac shoes and ribbon.
Ginger ,Chloe's mum ,very kindly took time out from her packing and unpacking for the festival, the unpacking being her new baby girl Gracie who keeps trying to pack herself in her Mum's case! Which means that we are getting ever closer to Hattie getting smocked!!

DID YOU HEAR THAT HATTIE ?  EIGHT... WE ARE UP TO EIGHT....AND PICK THESE MUDDY CLOTHES UP OFF THE STAIRS OR I WILL PUT THEM IN THE BIN...I MOST CERTAINLY WILL...
That child! she is right , drat her, that is the new passion for Sasha dress so I will be washing it not throwing it..
TWO MORE HATTIE TWO MORE AND YOU ARE TOAST...PARDON... NO I DID NOT ASK IF YOU WANT TOAST...TWO SLICES...WHAT! GET ON WITH WASHING YOUR FACE YOUNG LADY! TOAST.. I mean toast indeed.. the front that child's got...



Number NINE is the lovely Miranda wearing the beautiful smocked dress made by her Mum, Dollmum, for the Raffle prize for the 2013 Festival. I love the look and fit of this dress and the fabric is so lovely.
Dollmum tells me to remind Hattie that she's sure Helena Bonham Carter's worn smocking at sometime, most probably as a baby!




number TEN ****** TEN****** TEN ******TEN ****** TEN *****TEN *****TEN

Is from the lovely Karen in the USA of her girl Maggie in pastel lilac with navy smocking by the talented Karen of Karensyarn, she is wearing a lovely crocheted hat which should please Hattie....
HATTIE ...WE NOW HAVE THE TEN YOU ASKED FOR....HATTIE? ... HATTIE?  Shhh whoses shhhing me? Oh Dad, Hattie sound asleep! But we have Ten smocked Sasha's from across the country and the world, so she needs to get smocked up! Pardon? Oh no I have not seen the time... 4 minutes to midnight...yes I agree it will have to wait until tomorrow.....I could just wake h..... no no of course I'll not wake her....yes tomorrow will be soon enough......
I'm sure she planned that! Pardon no dear I said I'm sure she's sound out ! Yes Yes I'm coming up, I just need to lay this smocked dress,with matching socks and shoes on the chair by  Hattie's bed, I just know she'll want it to be the first thing she sees when she awakes.........

I'm h a p p y , I'm h a p p y, I know I am , I'm sure I am...... I'm H A P P YYYYY...Shhhhhhhh!



*******************************************************************************

14 comments:

  1. Can manage the smocked dresses but matching (or even any) shoes might be a problem.
    Will try to take photos when our other, woolly girls have had their fleeces removed. Poor things - they are so hot, they'd happily swap a thick fleece for a pretty smocked dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni, I would not worry about matching shoes, Hattie never does!!

      Delete
  2. We can easily help out here but will wait and let others who don't have their own blogs 'have their say....errr I mean.... photos shown'..... as who knows we probably might not be needed!
    Fab idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All help is needed Kendal the sooner that child's in a smocked dress the better! and I have decided that for every one photo over the ten Hattie will have to wear the dress longer!! If she'd not sneaked in that late rule change she'd be wearing that dress now and for a couple of weeks!!

      Delete
  3. Well leave it to the wonderful Miss Hattie to think of such a clever challenge AND that they be from 10 different people! I am surprised she didn't assert that it should be 10 different smockers too ;). Dear Hattie, I sense that you are smocked-bound :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The child's too clever by half! Yes and thank goodness she did not say by ten different smockers or we'd still be here in a month!!
      We are sooo close :)) xxx

      Delete
  4. BTW Gill, I love your beautiful Poppy! She is just wonderful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gill says Thank you, she does love her :) xx

      Delete
  5. We, like you, have many a happy smocked dress wearing lass round here but there are some who side with Hattie.
    Conversation 5 minutes ago:

    No! Put THAT PHONE DOWN Myfannwy! We are not going to make a call the the Royal Society for the Protection of Sashas - Prince William and the lovely Kate are not in the least interested whether Hattie is being made to wear a smocked dress.
    If Prince George had been Princess Georgina HE'D have been wearing a smocked dress!
    NO! Prince Charles isn't interested either....NO! He won't listen to you because he's the Prince of Wales and you have a Welsh name!
    RIGHT MADAM!!! You can join Hattie in the smocked dress wearing parade. Oh, yes I DO have some more.
    Oh, yes Auntie Dee WILL get two more photos, we can easily send a photo of one of Granny's girls in a smocked dress if she's short and Posie-next-door's Sasha Eva can borrow one for a photo -
    that will make the numbers up to at least 10......AND DON'T SLAM THAT DOOR or it will be RIBBONS as well as a smocked dress for you....

    Thank goodness she will never quite be a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The RSPS ! I think you may find prince George has probably already worn a smocked romper! I believe they are a favourite with the upper classes and royalty!
    We could probably get Charles on our side by showing him round the garden and discussing plants and carbuncles!
    I see you have just the same trouble your end as here, as you rightly say thank goodness we won't get the teenage years..mind you at least then they just tell you you know nothing and stay in their rooms playing terrible music! Not this age where everything's a drama and the end of the world....
    Ribbons....I must go mention Ribbons to Hattie who is now sitting on her bed whistling and singing about eights not ten and smocks are to be mocked and various other crowing ....but there was no time limit ...so we still have tomorrow......

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother wore smocked rompers and so did my son (now 33). They are in store, just in case there are grandsons in my future. I made them for Selfridges, as well as dresses for baby girls, for several years. Still love them but my Gregors are all running for the hills - can't imagine why......

    I've cut short the idea of Myfannwy phoning the heir presumptive by reminding her that Charles is also Lord of the Scillies and asking her if she really wants the world to think she might also be a Silly Subject.

    I see we've done it!!!
    You grab Hattie and I'll grab Myfannwy and we'll see how they scrub up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm Gregor's in smocked clothing.... :)
      Glad you stopped Myfannwy from getting royalty onto me ! I rather like my head!!
      I think they'll both scrub up well ! et's get em!!

      Delete
  8. All of these dresses are absolutely gorgeous! But my favourite has to be the navy and white sailor style set made by Catherine French. I love love love it! Sailor style outfits are always a favourite of mine and this one, combined with the smocking, is just perfect!!!!
    Great photos of all the girls and their outfits though, such a lovely lot of them too!
    Big hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous and everyone so good to send them in. And I must agree that Catherine Sailor outfit with the smocking is ' the bees knees' :) !!!

      Hugs Dee xx

      Delete