Sunday 8 June 2014

SIGNS OF WINTER AND THE RAVEN

Yes there will always be signs of Winter in the village because that is the name of my brown eyed brunette No navel .


Here she is wearing a beautiful smocked and rarely available dress by the lovely and talented Catherine French.


These brunette no navel's have very thick hair, it's almost as if they knew that the Trendon's hair would fall so they made sure that should it happen to a Gotz no navel there'd be enough to last a good few years before you even noticed!


Winter does have a very petite face with a nice pointed chin giving her a young pixie look.


 Now we have my other brunette no navel Raven, again she has plenty of very thick hair.


She is wearing a smocked dress set by Ruth Hartley of Ruthsdolls. I have always thought that Raven having the blue eyes should have been called Winter and therefore Winter, Raven! But once a name is giving it's too late to change!


Another sweet no navel girl.



Could you stand together girls?


That's better ! Oh the sun is in your eyes Winter , well lets move over to the left.


That's better the sun's behind you now.


I do like the lilac/purple on these two girls.
Well now it's just the blonde no navels that need changing...do I have any dresses for them? I'd best go check!!

********************************************************************************

8 comments:

  1. Love the link between the dolls and the title.
    I agree that the brunette haired girls always look lovely in lilacs and purples, especially noticeable here with these two delightful No-navels.
    Winter is definitely from the year 1970 and I'm thinking from these photos, that Raven is a 1969 girl.
    Looking forward to seeing your two blondes in action later this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendal, I do love purples and lilac's and was delighted in how well the colours suited these girls.
      I will make a note of their years, thanks for info. :)
      Dare I confess it's three blondes..... :)

      Delete
  2. WOW the dresses are amazing. The first is really a work of art and I love it very much, the other is very beautiful too. Unfortunately I can't buy such dresses in my country:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara. The first dress is by Catherine French and hard to come by, the second is by Ruth Hartley who has a website. www.ruthsdolls.eu where you can buy lots of very nice beautifully made things :)

      Delete
  3. Winter and Raven are stunning girls and I love their beautiful dresses. The no navel girls are very special and I really enjoy seeing them in your beautiful garden. Wonderful photos :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so different which is great ! I must try to obtain another Catherine French smocked dress ( Are you listening Catherine!!! ) but they are like hen's teeth!
      The garden is starting to come into it's own although if the heat continues the flowers will wilt! but we do not usually have too much hot weather without it being followed by several weeks of rain!! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Two beautiful girls, I love their little pointy chins.....makes them look very elfin like!
    Big hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about No Navels, their pointy chinned elfin look!!!
      hugs Dee xx

      Delete