Sunday 22 February 2015

BLUE IS THE COLOUR!

Well the sorting out of all things Sasha is slowing taking shape. I seem to have gone off to the side and am concentrating on selling things as I go, making more space for the thing's I wish to keep but not clearing the floor as quick as I should but at least it's heading in the right direction....... well I have sort of how shall I put this....sold quite a few things but also purchased a couple of things!!

I have sold much more than I have purchased but this outfit I am going to show you , I well I just had to buy it!! I did look at it on Shelly's then go away for about ten minutes only to then send Shelly the Can I have if still available email.....and I am so happy that it still was.

I just love the colour Blue always have and always will and when I saw this Ruth Hartley outfit I just had to snap it up. It said it was a little musty from storage, so when it arrived on Saturday , I immediately hung it out on the washing line in the garden, the sun was shinning and the cold breeze blowing and there it stayed until the Hailstones arrived!!
But it had  long enough to have the cold fresh smell now instead of the musty one it arrived with.

So today I decided that I just had to put it on Belle and it's definitely her!



Such a vibrant colour I love it!


Seeing it on Belle I do not feel guilty about purchasing it! It could have been made for her.


A front view wit raised head.


Sweet little matching shoes.


Yes I think Belle will always have first dibs on this outfit. I will try it on one or two others another time , to see who it else it also suits.

Well I took a few other photo's while I had access to my Sasha area ( Lindsey's painting a self portrait right in front of  it as she needs the light! But It stops me getting photo's done! ) of a couple my other girls.




  Agnes is wearing this sailor outfit that used to be Arabella's but since Arabella moved on, I was thinking of selling it in my clear out but i put it on Agnes and decided that it looks nice on her , so I will keep it.


Now I bought Agnes because of her shorter hair but I am wondering whether to have it cut into a long page boy style? What do you all think?
It's not a bad length I just think it may sit better and therefore look better if it was about an inch shorter and styled more? All comments welcome about this idea.


So there we have it, to cut or not to cut that is the question!!



Liberty's also been standing around in this Pine street Studio outfit with Gayle Rotheim boots, I just love the design and pattern of this dress. This is the first time I have used the hat and apron, I think she looks like a sweet little Dutch girl.


Love this photo of her.

Well I have to confess I also received another Brownie uniform and two gingham dresses from Ginny but these are part of a small shipping order I have with her at the moment, so don't count ;).
A few other items have arrived over the last week but I will share them another day but more's left than Arrived!! I think !!!

Whilst taking these photo's I made a surprising discovery!! I now only own two blonde Trendon girls!! I could not quite believe it but I only own Belle ( Belinda ) my 68 single fringe and Bobby by 70's waif with the tatty hair! No idea how that's happened? I do know that I think quite a few of the later 70's /80's blonde girls all pretty much look alike and that could be why I now only have two very different girls! But I have been eyeing up a blonde Trendon on Shelly's and now I am wondering if I should take the plunge!!
I may need to do a photo shoot when it's warmer of all my girls to see exactly what's evolving in my clan !
The boys I do not need to worry about as they are all Trendon's apart from Valentine who is the only Gotz.

Well I am going to sign off with a last photo of the beautiful Belle in the very lovely new dress.



********************************************************************************

8 comments:

  1. Great! A nice, picture filled blog just as I needed a break from boring paperwork.

    Those blues are beautiful on Belle, she may refuse to let anybody else try the outfit on and who could blame her?
    I've just noticed what unusual eyes Liberty has. She's a very pretty girl too.

    Hope the weekend isn't flying by too quickly for you.
    J xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenni, glad I could assist!
      I think you may be right , Belle is insisting that she should own the outfit and she May May! Allow some to try it on as long as they take it off as soon as they have looked in the mirror!! You can imagine how that's gone down with the other girl's!!

      Liberty's eyes have changed from the blue, although she's always had brown eyes since I have had her I do believe they are darker!

      Weekends always fly by!!
      Dee xx

      Delete
  2. Been patiently waiting for a photo of THE doll room which was promised after your week off plans to tidy it but which never actually materialised .....well, that is as far as I'm aware....and now reading between the lines here there has obviously been quite a bit of side-tracking too, with a few more Sasha items being added to off-set those items that have departed.

    Belle does look lovely in her Ruthsdolls outfit. I have about five of her smocked dresses with these matching material shoes from this era before she started producing on her leather footwear.

    I miss Cindy Patrick's regular Pinestreetstudio clothing eBay listings these days. I've always loved her individual designs and use of multi-materials.

    I'm undecided as to what to say about bobbing Agnes' hair as although I do love the Sasha girls with shorter hair (like Sarah Williams's models) I have heard that the hair doesn't always lie flat at the back if cut too short.

    Today, up in these parts, it has been very cold and wet and with a few snow flakes trying to join in, so I have spent the last two hours+ sitting in the warmth slide-showing thousands of my pics stored in 'My Pictures' and taken during the years 2008-2010 .... and have been amazed at seeing just how many of my dolls (and outfits etc) have since been moved on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That photo will appear......I just cannot say when.. yet ... :) Yes I have purchased a few items but then I have also sold quite a few! I totted up at least 30 or more sold but only a few bought so in the right direction!!
      I love lots of the Pinestreetstudio clothes and sometimes see the one's I bid on and missed!! A very talented lady.
      I think Agnes will have a little trim at first just to see if her hair can sit better.

      It's wonderful to have a lovely photographic record of clothes and Dolls you have owned but that have moved on! One of my other plans is to reduce the amount of photo's I have saved on the computer to a smaller amount, It's takes forever to try and find a photo I know I have but have no idea where it is!!

      Delete
  3. Belle looks seriously beautiful in the blue dress and matching shoes set Dee, and you were right to snap it up for her, it suits her perfectly. I like both the other outfits on your girls too, they look lovely. You must have ever such a lot of outfit at your house, makes me certain that I want to come and play there :) I could bring a bunch of my poor unfortunate girls and they would have a whale of a time :)
    As for Agnes's hair, I think I would be tempted to cut a bit more off so that it sits just on her shoulders, or slightly above them, I think that would be the perfect length for her, she's adorable as it is though, so I think if you decided to leave her 'as is' she'd still be perfect! I hope my NN girl will be as nice :)
    Big hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree Sharon! :) I do have more than enough outfits, that some get worn once , put in a box never to be seen again! Until now when I am having a sort out! But the worse ones are the ones that have not even been opened!! Luckily I have not found any this time round !
      Once it's tidy I would people to come and play!! :)
      That's just what I was thinking about Agnes' hair It needs to be trimmed so it sits right and does not look tidy but then I do love her and don't want to ruin her, so maybe a little trim to start with!!
      hugs Dee xx

      Delete
  4. A very lovely post Dee! I love your beautiful Belle and this vivid blue outfit is indeed perfect for her! It is nice to take an inventory of our dolls and I need to do the same. It is interesting that the results can sometimes surprise us! Thank you for sharing your lovely dolls! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger, I so love this dress on her! And it's good to try on a few outfits now and then to see if they still hold enough joy to keep and a good reason for 'playing' dolls :)xxx

      Delete