Saturday 28 February 2015

FIRST CAME GINNY....

The first No Navel I bought was Ginny, this was after not even liking them in the beginning! But then after a while of seeing them here and there I began to LOOK at them and see their elfin face's, little sharp chins that give them the look.

So Ginny I found quite by chance and made an offer which was accepted and she arrived here to start me off on a long and very slippery slope.

Ginny is a waif due to having some missing plugs but to me she is just gorgeous and full of character !


and here she is the lovely Ginny.


She is also the smallest of my No Navel girls.

Then I missed out on this next girl but  she was bought by a friend so asked if she ever decided to part with her could I have first refusal and luckily for me she let me know when she'd reluctantly decided to let her go so  Martha arrived.


and here she is, Martha , who to me was the  Holy Grail of Sasha's.I just wanted this girl more than any other, Np or whatever. So I had the red haired no Navel I wanted, so was one happy bunny!


Look at that face!

So there was I thinking I had done it , got that red haired No Navel of my dreams, I was also collecting a few blondes and brunettes along the way.

But then while looking on the internet I came across a No Navel red in most of her original outfit for auction she looked liked she could have a dirty mark on her face and a very kind Sasha friend asked them to put on a better photo which showed it was just surface dirty, so Paul said if I bid and won her he would pay for her as my present..so along came Caitlin


and here she is ! Caitlin still had that new smell to her and I think she'd barely been played with if at all
her fringe is a little choppy but I believe that's how she left the factory.


I think Caitlin as a sleepy eyed look about her and with that hair it's as if she's just got up!

Well 2014 was ending and I was looking at my no navel's, the red's in particular , when I thought to myself I would not mind owning half a dozen of these red haired beauties.

Then 2015 arrives and along with it the offer from a friend who for some very strange reason thinks I love no navels and red's in particular! I have no idea why she would think this......  :) who offers me a no navel red...of course I said NO straight away not having any available cash....... are you NUTS!! I said I would need to gather some money together and luckily she said she wanted her to go to a good home....But she let her come here anyway!
and so Darcy arrived...


and here she is the beautiful Darcy, who appears to be almost as minty and Caitlin.



 Sigh....

So why as this happened? I have come up with a theory ! I believe that my lovely Ginny my red haired Waif was sent ahead to see if I could truly love these Sasha's as not everyone does , shocking I know!! So Ginny arrived and wriggled her way into my heart and then sent back the message that this was a safe place for a No Navel to find a home and so over the last few years they have arrived and every so often a Red appears ready to move into the village luckily when I can find the means to accommodate her .


so Ginny


was joined by Martha



 and then Caitlin arrived.


and now Darcy's here!
So Ginny who was out numbered by two brunette no navels and three Blondes is now in the biggest group of four.


I am now going to put on some photo's of the girls that I took this morning.


CAITLIN



                                                                              DARCY



                                                                            GINNY    (  VIRGINIA )



                                                                            MARTHA



Wearing Vintage Sasha dungarees and Passion for Sasha gingham



 xx




xx



The Fantastic four 




xx




Will four become more! Who knows ! not me ! I was over the moon when I managed to get Ginny then Martha but here I am with these four plus five others so now nine girls in the village. I do know that I find it hard to resist these girls especially the reds! I would like another Brunette hopefully one with good hair but who knows what the future hold with Sasha , they come when THEY feel like it not when I want them or can afford them ! I recently missed out a beautiful brunette, so it was obviously not meant to be...yet.

Now I am off to spend some time admiring these girls.


*******************************************************************************

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous girls, Dee. To think, I used to see them as odd-looking. I'm smitten and it's all your fault! I think they tend to have better hair than most of the slate eyed girls (except MINE, of course!)

    Think I really want a brown eyed NN girl, hair colour not so important to me, though I love the redhaired ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen :) I used to be the same, would never have given them house room in the early days!! Being the leader of the No Navel appreciation society,or NNAS I am more than happy to lead everyone astray!!
      The brown eyed ones are lovely ;) xx

      Delete
  2. They are all beautiful Dee, I love that they have such different eyes to one another....and different heights too.....I think for me, my favourite is Ginny, not because she is prettier or anything like that, but purely because I think she might have been my first 'realisation' of the no navels.....I think I fell for her in your holiday photo where she is wearing shorts if I remember rightly, and peering through the window of an historic building. I think it was from 2013 holiday, not last years....but I could be wrong on that!
    I'm so looking forward to meeting my no navel!!
    Thanks for sharing your lovely redheads!
    Big hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon , I agree they are all so different in height, hair colour , eye colour and style.
      Ginny is my absolute favourite of all my no navels., she just contacts with me, she is so sweet looking and yes she was the one looking out the window in a castle from a holiday a few years back and I used that photo again for the first world war post.
      I cannot wait to hear what you think of them once your new girl arrives I hope you won't be disappointed hugs Dee xxx

      Delete
    2. Oh I'm sure I won't Dee, she has that little pointy chin too :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Beauiful, Dee.
    Especially Ginny, of course, who made the way free for the others.

    If she ever wants to live in germany, just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne :)
      Ginny is my favourite so will be with me forever but should she decide she wants a holiday I will tell her that Germany's a very nice place and Walberg has a very fine castle ( she loves castles ) so she may decide to visit :) x

      Delete
  4. Awesome Dee!!!! You read my mind! I am so happy you showed all of the reds together! They are so wonderful and each one is very unique. Well done and an excellent post!!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger. I could not wait to take a photo or two of them together, they all look so different, it's always nice to have a few to compare together :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Well, aren't you the lucky one!!! Have to say that I love Darcy. She is a sweetheart!! You have been busy. I thought that you were clearing out. How wrong was I??? So, how many kids live in the village now? I can't seem to keep track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed Carol :) Darcy is a lovely addition to my no navels :) I have been clearing out honest! I have re-homed two babies and lots of clothes and still have more to do!! But what better to spend the proceeds on that another Sasha? I cannot keep track of how many are in residence at this moment, I may have to have a count up!! :)

      Delete
  6. Just how LUCKY are YOU then with yet another of your favourite red haired No-navel dolls to add to your collection. Darcy is indeed very lovely.
    It's great too seeing them in a line up to notice their varying individual facial/hair differences.
    PS. Getting slightly concerned that your new doll quota for 2015 (10?12?) has well and truly been eaten into during the first two months of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely lucky Kendal :) Yes another Red haired No Navel cannot quite believe how many now live here but very happy that they do!
      My doll total for 2015 was 10 I picked this number believing that I will never actually reach it!! So far I have Samuel and Darcy, Sebastian was given to me so do I count him? if so then I have only 7 more that can arrive to live here I cannot see that happening, so feel very safe...at the moment!! :)

      Delete
  7. May I be treasurer of NNAS? I could happily take in all NN funds and spend them on NNs who need to come and live in a loving home. I'd just be doing the right thing.... all those little NNs needing a home that I could so easily provide.............!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid we do not need a treasurer due to it being a Society for the spreading of the word that No Navel's are more than worthy of a place in peoples homes, it's more of a show them on your blog, talk them up, encourage others to look again sort of thing, so no need for any money to be gathered.... but nice try..... :)

      Delete