Well another weeks been and gone ! We had some much needed rain this week , so the water butts are full and the garden well watered but it as come along with much cooler evenings, much more usual for this time of year.
The week's been all about the usual housework etc , along with having this years flu jab yesterday. Paul's on the Bowles clubs lawn care team, so cuts their grass every Monday along with another member but this Monday just gone, they also spread five tons of soil over the area, luckily they had a big group of others come along to assist. Which meant there were five wooden pallets left over from the delivery, which Paul brought back, to use for making another wide compost area in the garden. So at present they are standing around waiting to be put in place.
I have finished the tank top I was knitting , it came out a little bigger than I planned but I didn't want it to be too tight and therefore not worn.
She can actually wear it with a thin sweater underneath and since I finished it, she's worn it most days , so I'm happy and so is she, result.
I have a ball of the yarn left and also some left over from the other balls, where I wound it on to get the stripe colours to start in same place front and back. The problem is I hate to throw out the oddments , so have already crochet some small squares from it !
The problem with this is I land up with part made blankets etc being moved around the place instead of oddments of yarn ! So one of the things I need to do is resolve that problem over the winter. So I will find a small empty box ,to store these latest much smaller squares in until I have enough to actually make something. I will continue to make small squares out of any left over yarn until the box is full.
I now will be knitting Paul a sweater as I do like to knit in the evenings , while watching the tv , and the poor man's been waiting many years for me to make him another sweater. After that I plan to knit myself a chunky cardigan, since I never actually knit myself anything. So lots of knitting planned through this winter.
In the week I went to the doll studio and pulled out some Sasha dresses to start changing the dolls into. They then all got left on the side but I realised the poor boys have been wearing their summer shorts and shirts sine the summer before last ! I know bad mother ! So one of this weeks plans is to change the boys into their winter clothes, since I think this winter may turn out to be a very cold one, along with the girls as well. I'm pleased to say I managed not to go and buy any new winter wear for them, well so far.
Today's headliner is Toby , who actually complained about still being in the same old clothes as last year and said he'd stage a protest by the front gate to tell all the neighbours how bad I was to my children! He somewhat spoilt his plans by then asking what time Paw patrol was on and could he have some cookies and milk while he watched it ? So since it was due on in fifteen minutes and we live on a very quiet road , there was little chance even one neighbour would pass by his protest.
On the 'Get it gone ' plans, I'm happy to say I had a good week ! I sold four things, one of which a doll , non Sasha, that I have been trying to sell for a good couple of years due to lack of space to display her, I lost a small fortune on her but at least she will finally get out of her box and start to enjoy a new life. I also sold a lovely bowl, so these two items will actually free up space.
But it does mean I need to get some other things sorted to put up for sale before the winter lull arrives and nothing happens for the Christmas period.
So on that note I will wish you all a happy healthy doll filled week ahead
Dee


No comments:
Post a Comment