Tuesday 7 February 2017

THE MESS

                                                        The Mess we make as we partake
                                                         of playing with our dolls
                                                         Can leave our homes looking like
                                                         we've been over run by trolls

                                                         Far and wide there can reside
                                                         clothing, shoes and toys
                                                         While we attempt to build a tent
                                                         and gather up our boys

                                                         Just give me five more minutes
                                                         then away it all will go
                                                         Then five,then ten, half an hour
                                                          is it gone? well no!

                                                         The problem is,was and evermore shall be
                                                          when making plans for dolls to shine
                                                          time belongs to others
                                                          it cannot be mine

                                                          For me the story's brewing
                                                          places must be met
                                                          Lights, Camera, Action !
                                                          quiet on the set .

                                                           Dee Owen







Granny Fortuna's packed away her shop until she can find new premises and the family are moving back in!


*********************************************************************************


8 comments:

  1. Haha, yes our dolls can really take over the house, as well as eat up a lot of our time when we should be doing other things (but probably wouldn't anyway). On the other hand, they're cheaper and more enjoyable than therapy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do, as my husband keeps telling me! Luckily he's given up of hoping the place will be complete doll tidy! :) Yes definitely cheaper than therapy !

      Delete
  2. Oh I can so relate to this mess as my dolls seem to be in the midst of something similar most of the time now. I can get so sidetracked too...start one thing, find something that I'd forgotten I had, try it out, forget what on earth I was meant to be doing and so on and so on....I'm sure you get the gist!
    I look forward to seeing Granny in her new premises :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it exactly! you land up finding something and that sends you off somewhere else and you return hours later to find the mess you started sorting still almost all there ! and no time left to sort it out then! lol
      It's Friday when I am typing this and it's all looking just the same , well I have added a couple of dolls, two armchairs and a few pieces of china ! put the mess at the front is still there....xx

      Delete
  3. Best wishes to Granny and her relocating efforts. I love your poem "The Mess" and it rings true with me as well. I have a continual doll mess in my doll room and the mess has expanded to accommodate my new ideas now that I am home during the day and have time to consider the many possibilities. I hope the outcome will be a good one but at this time it looks a wreck! 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Granny will be waiting a while before she gets to set up shop again but I'm sure she will enjoy the rest plus Bruno does need to get some schooling!
      All sounds very exciting over at Cow Creek! Doll room, more time and many possibilities! what a pleasure to have! I wish you well and look forward to seeing the results on your blog :) xx

      Delete
  4. Perhaps Granny F could just run a Christmas Emporium each year. I'm sure she'd enjoy it all the more if she didn't have to work all year round....... could she apply for a pension and take 11 months a year to be a retiree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be that she'll get a good break from the shop but she may have to return for the summer season :)

      Delete