Sunday 13 August 2023

THE SECOND SUNDAY IN AUGUST



Lucas is today's headliner, yesterday he was sharing tea with his little elephant friends to celebrate World Elephant Day. He did not really take enough cake, so luckily one of his sisters arrived with more before it all went pear shaped!

So what's been happening here? Someone from the bowls club offered Paul some fish for the pond when Paul was telling him about it, when he told me , I said do we need any more as the ponds not that big but the man said his son, who breeds them said the pond could easily take some more.


So he arrived the next day with around a dozen fish in assorted sizes, from quite big to quite small! 


So now there are around twenty fish in the pond and it does mean when you feed them, you get to see a lot more coming up for the food! I just hope its not too many.

The weathers been reasonable, so we've been getting outside gardening or using the gazebo to sit and read or chat.


It was our 48th wedding anniversary, we married very young barely out of nappies ;), on Wednesday, so we treated ourselves to a trip round the garden centre and bought some perennials for the garden. They seem to mostly be on the yellow spectrum , not deliberate just how it worked out on the day. Now we are going to have to find a space for them!

On the doll front, I sold a small KK doll and also the kitchen unit and sink, so made a nice bit of space where that used to sit.

Also my special doll I had to buy arrived on Saturday, who I'm calling Beatrice, Bea for short.

Now you know why I couldn't resist her, a cute little brunette button nosed lass. She arrived in her lovely outfit and when off round the garden to check the place out!

I'd like to say I'm back to being good on the doll buying front, but every time I say that a gorgeous doll appears over the horizon saying " really.. I don't think so " in which case I'll say nothing....

I'm off to stay with at the palace with the little princess and prince for a few days this week and the following week we have the funeral, so I will not be blogging for at least the next two weeks but hope to see you all back here on the 26th August.

So have a lovely doll filled healthy couple of weeks 

Dee








 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Dee! And big congratulations on Bea, she's a delightful little soul.

    ReplyDelete