Sunday 27 August 2023

TIME IS PASSING, SEPTEMBER IS JUST ROUND THE CORNER!



 Well I had a lovely few days with my youngest daughter Courtney and my two grandchildren. They are so sweet and funny and growing up so fast. They also tussle with each other as all siblings do. They also wake up at anytime after 6am ! But luckily the house rules are they play in Clara's room until 7am. 

But this still meant Nanny, who was sleeping on the sofa , had to rise very early after a late night , each morning, so was happy when it was time to return home to a proper bed and a good sleep in! lol

While I was at Courtney's I asked her about two terracotta wall pots, that were on the back wall of her garden when she moved in a couple of years ago. I noticed she'd not bothered to plant them up. I said did she want them? She said no as it was too hot where they were and she worried they'd fall off the wall if filled with plants and hurt one of the children. Can I have them  I asked, she said yes! 

So I emptied out the old soil still in them and between us we managed to take them off the wall. They were on an old brick wall that runs along the back of her garden and the wall is not in a very good condition, so she really needs to find out who is responsible for it and get it rebuilt or replaced with some fencing. So removing the pots was a good idea due to the walls condition.

Once I was home with them, Paul put them up on the wall between the two French doors on the back of the house and filled them with some plants.

Neptune is quite impressed with the floral display now below him.

Then last Wednesday we had Tom, my father in law's funeral. It all went off well, the sun was shinning and it was extremely warm. I've always thought the day should be gray and cloudy with the threat of rain but naturally in late August that's not likely.

There was a wake in the nearly pub, where sandwiches and other food was laid on. But the pub was so hot! and the food was, apart from the sandwiches, also hot. I told my girls that if I should have a wake after my funeral, I wanted tea and coffee served along with cake and desserts and only a plate or two of sandwiches.


Then I spotted this sign on the wall behind me ! Says it all really. It felt a little strange with his funeral almost four weeks to the day after his death, but it seems even when burying people there is a wait. But he had a good long life and apart from having TB at the end of the second world war, he pretty much had a healthy life.

Today, Saturday, we have the gray clouds and rain showers naturally. So at least the garden is getting some much needed water.

In my clearing out etc, I found an ariel photo taken many years ago of part of our road. A man came to the door selling the photos he'd taken and since the one he was trying to sell me was of mostly other peoples houses and gardens I haggled him down to just a few pounds. But the photo was too big and not really worth framing, so it' been moved here and there in cupboards or boxes for years.


Must be a good fifteen years maybe. It shows a small section of the recreation ground behind us along with the bowls club


The end of the garden is still not finished , so it could only have been taken a couple of years after we moved in, as the garden is totally different now. On here the front garden is mainly grass and it's at least ten years since we turned most of it into a gravelled area with central flower bed.
One day when It's finished I will get my SIL to send his drone up and take some photos. I have now cut the photo so that I only have the piece above just showing us and the neighbours, so much easier to keep.


Now on the doll front, things have been happening! Just as I was about to head off to Courtney's I won a brunette waif on eBay! Yes me, who is supposed to be being good ( I think that's almost an impossibility for me where dolls are concerned!) I could not resist her, a sweet girl whose only issue was a small scratch to her eye and a green spot from a Sasha shoe snap on one leg. So I placed a bid and won her. I then had to have her delivered to my daughter's house as Paul would be out and about with the dogs etc while I was away.

So I asked Courtney and the grandies to help me find a name for her and the name Chloe was mentioned and that's the one that stuck.

So this is Chloe, who is also the headliner for todays post. Early seventies girl, hair appears to be fine, nice and soft and not falling, at least at present.

I also should be having a preordered non Sasha doll arriving next week! So a little like our London Buses a few arriving at once.

Now it's nearly September, I'm starting to get into Chat n Snap mode and so I bought a sweater dress and hat for the raffle Sasha and then found her a pair of tights and some boots.


I'm not quite 100% sure I'm willing to give up those green boots, even though I do have another pair, but at present this is her outfit and my sister Michelle offered to make her up another set of clothes. So I may need to get her a case or bag for her belongings. 

I also have a Sasha baby girl for the raffle, who Michelle is going to make an outfit for. So things starting to fall into place. In September we will need to start on the display so that it's not the usual last minute rush!! 

On the rest of the doll/ clearing space front. I sold the dolls sized red kitchen and also a handbag and three pairs of unused shoes in the last few weeks, so even though a couple of dolls have arrived a few other items have actually left.

But I did take the sylvanian morris minor car and towing caravan for Clara and one of the wooden pirate ships for Adam, when I visited them, so that's yet more space made! We won't mention the windmill and the canal barge, that may be heading this way... after all they will only be stopping a short while before they head on to the grandies..  honest.. 

Today Sunday has been another day of sunshine and showers, which is fine, helps keep it cool enough to get things done outside as well as inside. Still lots to do in both places. I do wonder if I will ever get to a place where everything that is not needed will be gone? It could happen but will take ages!

So I will wish you all a happy healthy week ahead 

Dee






2 comments:

  1. Well you've had a busy time of it Dee. I like the wall pots and you've just reminded me mine need good coat of paint before I repot them. Chloe is a pretty doll, I can see why she caught your eye. I think this clearing out will go on forever, if we keep on buying new dolls, but what the heck, you only live once!
    Spring has arrived downunder, 1st Sept today and the sun is shining!! YAY!
    Enjoy the weekend Dee.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right if dolls keep arriving, there is no chance of 'space' lol How nice you are going into spring we are heading towards Autumn! Have a great weekend too, hugs xx

      Delete