Friday 13 October 2023

TREASURE CHEST

 Since it's nearly time for the Chat N Snap, I've been in and out of my doll studio, looking for this and that, making sure I start gathering things together while I remember.

At the same time I'm selling off non Sasha dolls on ebay and I was trying to find a couple of the bags two dolls came in. Now I KNOW I folded them and put them away safely in a SAFE place! Yes you have guessed it, that safe place is so b*%$*y safe I cannot find them but naturally it set me to thinking just how many boxes of clothes, fabric, wool etc that I have and how I am forever having to move down a pile of boxes looking for an item or move them to get into a cupboard!

I decided if I had a big chest of drawers, I could have everything in that and do away with loads of boxes, make more space in some cupboards and hopefully be able to find things more easily! 

So I had a little look around market place and ebay, finding old chests of drawers all over the country! Most more than I wanted to pay and also so far away I'd land up paying even more for their delivery than the actual chest. Then I saw a beautiful dark wood Victorian chest that's auction was due to end today. 

It was beautiful and amazingly it was being sold in the town down the road!!! So I messaged and had a chat with my neighbour, to see if he could go with Paul and collect it, since it was too wide for our car, and an hour later I was the owner of a big chest of drawers which was collected today. 

Naturally this meant I had to move a big change around in the studio to get it in, which also meant a big autumn clean at the same time! But it's now in place and just waiting to be filled with my treasures over the following few days. If anyone coming to the chat n snap wants to buy a plastic storage box, i'll be selling a few off cheap ;)



If I tell you that bottom drawer includes the wooden surround below it ! It's deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment