Sunday 26 November 2023

LAST SUNDAY IN NOVEMBER !

 


So time flies when you are having fun and being naughty! But more about that later. Today is COLD, yes as next week ends in December, yes that is correct December!, the weather's decided that it's time to turn bitter! Naturally it makes me wonder if this winter will land up being as cold as the last one! 

When the weather starts turning really cold, that is when I do love the fact I am now retired and no longer have to travel down sixteen miles of twisting country lanes, very early in the mornings , on my way to work. Also when you wrap up, you don't suddenly get too hot and once back inside you get that lovely feeling of warmth. It does make me sad, however, for those people who no longer have a decent home or none at all. 

I've spent the last couple of weeks just living the life of a retired person, pottering and shopping, reading, knitting and surfing the net.  In my grandmothers time that last part would probably have been called gossiping with the friends and neighbours! I do wonder how we'd all survive if they cut the internet off for a month!! 


We had some friends round to lunch the other day and I decided to use my ' Christmas ' plates. 


Since last Christmas, when I totally forgot to use them ! I decided in future they will be used from late November onwards until the new year, that way they will get some decent use rather than just a couple of weeks over the festive season. I have to say the table looked lovely with them all set out so that's a bonus.


Last night we saw a Moonbow, a very rare sight, normally when these things happen in this country around here we'll have clouds, so miss it all but since it's so cold the sky is clear, so we got a fair photo.


The tiny dot on the right just below and to the side is Jupiter.


Now on the doll front... a doll did unexpectedly sell and was off to her new home. So the boxes of dolls and clothing etc are now much smaller. I was able to empty a very big box into two much smaller ones, so yet more space. However.... a couple of dolls have also arrived! I know I know but two of them are small non Sasha dolls, so barely take up any space... but one is a Sasha, a totally unplanned purchase ( ain't they all !) This girl just popped into my email box very late the other night and I was instantly smitten and though in no need of another brunette Sasha and especially one with falling hair, so I walking away for a while, but then before I went off to bed  I did land up asking about her and then caving in and adopting her the next morning!


Her previous mum called her Pippin but I'm going to alter that slightly to Pippa. So Pippa was today's headliner. A 1973 wider faced lass, who will fit in well with the clan.

Now I'd love to say that was my only slip down that slippery slope but I have also bought a few Charlies bears over the last couple of week too!. So now it's all got to stop! Or I'll be back to where I started hunting for space! 

So I will wish you all a lovely warm healthy week ahead 

Dee



4 comments:

  1. I like your new girl Pippa. Her eyes and brows are nice and dark. So many of the early 70's brunettes have oxidation to their eye painting. I've become a total wimp in regards to winter. We've had relatively mild weather so far, but still I'm always cold, and I complain bitterly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's nice to find one with nice dark brown eyes for that period. I'm not a fan of the cold, when you see these films where the plane crashes and they have to hike out of the mountains or forest in the hip deep snow, I'd just say I'm staying in the plane that or they'd finish me off from all my moaning about the cold going down the mountain! I don't DO very hot or very cold weather :)

      Delete
  2. Pippin is a sweetie Dee, I can see why she came home. Hey I love those plates and you're right to bring them out for the season, they are very jolly addition to the table.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know why I could not resist :) Thank you, I'm glad we've decided to use them more than just for Christmas , Hugs x

      Delete