Sunday, 30 August 2026

SUNDAY ARRIVES WITH SOME RAIN

 

Yes we are finally getting some decent rain! We also here in the village had what is called a multicell ! That's right I'd not heard of that either, it was a very heavy downpour with large hailstones, thunder and lightening when a couple of storms arrive together. Made for an interesting half an hour!  Since then we have had some rain each day but the garden still looks like it's in need , so if we keep getting rain on and off I have no problem with it.

So things are now moving along with the bedroom! Finally after twenty one years , and a quick repaint not long after moving in, we have wallpaper on three of the bedroom walls !  

Not a very good photo but proof it's happened. ( my mum's childhood chair which she loved )  

When Paul said he was going up to paint the windowsill and put some wallpaper up, I thought that meant he'd probably get maybe one / two walls done but he did the lot ! So when I went to bed that night it took me a good couple of hours to get to sleep , which the plans , decisions rattled round my head for getting the radiator moved and panelling done on finally wall behind bed, then what colour to paint it, what colour carpet etc etc etc !  All way to early to be thinking about until the new radiator is bought and the old one removed. 

Although I have to confess today I bought new bedside tables , something that wasn't even on the plans !! 


The wall behind the bedside table is going to have panelling which will be painted in a shade of deep pink maybe a berry colour.

While looking at wallpapers etc I loved one that I then decided against, however it comes in fabric and I have fallen for a lovely damson coloured one, which is deeper than the wallpapers they offered. 

I love the beautiful padded headboards that you can now get , however I have a Victorian style metal bed, which I also love. So I am considering making a padded headboard that can wrap round the metal headboard and if not a couple of deep cushions that hang from the metal frame. 

z


So I have sent for a swatch of the fabric to see the colour up close and see if it works with everything else I have. 

The bedroom is again moving forward and I still have hopes of us getting it done by the end of the year, but still need radiators moved, electric points put in, panelling up and painted and new carpet laid. Never mind about head boards etc.

The studio clearing came to it's usual halt, but is still better than it was but no where near where it needs to be, so I must  get back in there again in the coming week and sort out more 


Today's headliner is the sweet Hettie, in her Boneka dress and Rosie Bloom shoes.


On the sales/clearing front it's going steadily with a few items being sold on from all my bits and pieces that need new homes. A couple of the Kaffe Fassett patchwork packs have been sold, thank goodness , as less fabric for me to have to make use of! 

On the buying front I have been so good ! I bought some A4 envelopes, which I needed for my smaller sales. Oh and I did buy an elephant only to realise it was one I already have !!! That will teach me not to check and not to buy things when I'm trying to be good ! 

So I will wish you all a happy healthy fun filled week ahead

Dee



No comments:

Post a Comment