Friday 19 April 2013

DISTRACTED....

We all know that being Sashaholic's means that we scourer all web sites , shops and car boots and anywhere else we may find a Sasha !

Even if we have no plans to purchase any more Sasha's or are awaiting one etc , we still have to look JUST IN CASE!! that 60's NP's been listed on a buy it now for a song! or is buried in a pile of old dolls unloved and tatty but with her light glowing just for our shaking fingers as we, in total disbelief , pull her from the depths and buy her for an unbelievable low price!

Well I was cruising the site's a couple of weeks back when I came across a couple of listing's of Sasha's that were not listed as what they were. A couple I watched and did not bid and they went for a fair price but still a good deal for the buyer, one I did bid on but lost out due to her looking very lovely and wearing a great outfit and clearly showing in her photo's what year she was.

However there was another listing that I watched and asked a few questions on and received the answer's I was hoping for.

So this one I did bid on and much to my surprise won at well under what I'd been prepared to pay. Well they arrived yesterday, yes there were two!, a Sasha and a Baby! It was the Sasha I was interested in the baby was a bonus.
I could see she had cut hair and the seller also stated this but they also stated that she/they was bought in early seventies.

Here is her photo when she arrived..



She is what I hoped she was a 60's girl. Her stringing is white with purple dashes in both arm's and legs.


She was in need of a good wash and her fringe tamping down.


Now this is unexpected, could this be a full centre parting? is she meant to have one? her hair is two toned blonde.

Well she's had a wash and worn a beanie, to hold down her cut fringe, then dressed and here she is now.


Looking much better although her fringe is quite short.


Here you can see that her hair is still quite long at the back.





I love that her hair has been cut and just needs styling although her fringe is a little short for my tastes so I may have to send her off to be re fringed!
She is wearing a dress by Ginny of a Passion for Sasha , shoes by Jean Jensen and socks by Gill Nash.
At the moment her name is either Jocelyn or Isabelle...


Oh and this is the baby who came with her before her wash. I am not sure if I will keep her as that will make 9 babies and do I really need 9  !

20 comments:

  1. Well - she looks lovely now! The dress is beautiful and suits her colouring. Perhaps I shouldn't, but I use sellotape (the magic sort) to hold down a fringe as it dries...

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have never tried sellotape but I will remember that trick :)

      Delete
  2. Well Done You! Really pleased you got such a wonderful bargain!! She is very pretty and would look fab with a one length fringe (you could sell the baby to pay for her reroot!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was thinking along those lines :)
      maybe get her fringe long to match side hair then have it cut to fall to side....
      Like your Ellie's (when she lived with you :))

      Delete
    2. That look, looks really good I think and adds a nice variation to your Sasha family. When I had Ellen's hair done I used to get a lot of positive comments about her bob and Alison did a fab job with the rerooting of it.

      Delete
    3. Well I think I will have that done then, I did like Ellen,s hair I would have saved her if I had had the dolly pennies when she was booted out :))

      Delete
    4. You always have to put the boot in.....and try and make me feel bad......it doesn't work :)

      Delete
  3. Gosh you two are both quite off the mark with your comments!
    Only just noticed these two new posts with NO comments listed so was having a quick read and scan when up come your two comments.

    SO! That's what you've been quietly doing this week alongside your job, Dee. I did see her up for sale (brought to my attention by her sailor top being put on on backwards, but am on a 'no Sasha spending session'....yet again!

    She has certainly benefitted from your TLC treatment and now looks really lovely.
    Like you I use a beanie hat or an piece of an elastic bandage to tame their fringes.

    Nine babies is not too many IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendal. Her fringe is just that little too short, so I think I will have a chat with Alison about a re root to the fringe!

      Unfortunately one of the babies will have to go (maybe)to cover the cost...and Kendal how many babies do you have?... :)

      Delete
    2. 15 babies at the last count which is very good for me as last year at one point I counted 26!

      Delete
    3. did the others grow up? into Sasha's and Gregors! :)

      Delete
    4. Clever YOU! Guessing that's what must have happened.
      Best get my skates on and go and buy some more of the babies.....can't afford to miss a money making opportunity like this!

      Delete
  4. You lucky thing, is all I am going to say!!! xxx karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely!
    (And I think she has to have a name with a ss - the smooth bees sss -like summ summ in german
    or Isssabelle *g)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will perhaps don't believe me
      - but with this very short fringe, she looks surprisingly m o d e r n.

      Delete
    2. It does look quite modern but too modern for me, I think I will live it for a while and see if it grows on me!!
      I think she will be Jocelyn but Joss for short, so that would work with the ss that you say :)

      Delete
  6. Isn't she lovely! Well done, what a great find. Actually I really like her fringe this short, I don't think it looks at all odd!
    Isn't it wonderful to have such a find too!
    I always look when I occasionally go to a secondhand market that they have near Fuengirola each Saturday.....all I've ever seen are naked recent Barbies tattoed by their previous little owners with Biro!!!
    Big hugs Sharon in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sharon. I will wait until Zoe , Gill's hair dresser daughter gives it the once over before I decide what I will do about the fringe!

    I was very lucky finding her, I took a chance and this time it paid off!
    Still hoping to find that NP in the charity/car boot Lol
    hugs Dee

    ReplyDelete