Saturday 21 May 2016

SASHA CELEBRATION WEEKEND .. THE LAST POST

Well I'll bring all the odds and ends together in this last post on the Sasha Celebration Weekend.

I took an assortment of dolls with me not just Sasha.


here they are standing or sitting on the dressing table. I even took a bench for my Kay Wiggs Girl Elfine to sit on.


Elfine my elf sitting next to a new girl . details later, then Hattie, Annie, Bruno ( Pongratz wooden boy) Jamie.


next to Jamie is Tammy ( zwergnase junior ) then Magda and finally Mona ( a Muller Wichtel )


I collected my second Kaye Wiggs girl at the weekend , here she's recovering from her journey.
She does not have her eyes in place and although I bought her some old clothes along and a new pair of boots and a new wig. I decided that i wanted her to have a face up as she came with the original factory painted one.

So her head was removed on Sunday and it's gone off to be given a more realistic look.


Mean while down stairs


I took Magda and Jamie to join the Sasha displays.


Dolls were starting to gather where ever there was a place to stand or sit.


more gathering


I do love these re painted Pintuck girls by Janet , this is Ginger's girl I believe.


This is Kendal's girl that I also love..


 Petrana's dolls.


more of them


Great wig on this girl of Petrana's.


Mona visiting with the Dukelets during the raffle.


This is a troll by Rosemarie Muller and a few Sasha collectors are also fans of these dolls, I have one myself , Mona.


They have such happy faces.


These two I believe belonged to Rosie S.


 Four attended the weekend , I missed getting a photo of Diane's boy.


Mona was happy to see some other Wichtel Trolls .
 Another non Sasha doll was Jonny's Nini doll


Beautifully made by Jonny including all her clothes, she is very similar in feel to the studio and course dolls.


 A lovely size .The cardigan is based on one from an old family photo of his mother as a young girl


I wished I 'd asked Jonny to hold her up, so I could have taken a better photo of her sweet face.

x

We'll finish with the Sasha's and Gregor's who took part in the fancy dress competition and display.


Tree beautifully made by Theresa.


more maids and merry men.


x


a well dressed band of robbers!


This girl was my favourite, I loved everything about her and her outfit.

So I hope you've enjoyed these photo's of the Sasha Celebration Weekend, It was a great couple of days among like minded people who were there to have a good time and talk dolls and more.

and even the weather stayed nice !


*********************************************************************************

11 comments:

  1. I'm feeling very guilty as I haven't even started to put any of my SCW photos onto my blog (still unpacking the dolls etc) and now you've finished yours.
    I was so hoping to meet your new little Bruno doll whist there but that didn't happen...along with so many of my 'must try/want to do' whilst there. How the time just flew by!
    Such a pity that my Gregor Jac in his Robin Hood outfit didn't get to feature in most of the Sherwood Forest photos that were taken before the Sunday morning session as he was still in The Brood's display. (Must try to make up for this sometime soon.)
    I too loved that fabulous Maid Marion version of that outfit.
    Clarise/Gertie 2, my Janet customised Gertie is a 1970's wider faced, falling haired Gregor sporting a Pintuck's wig and not a Pintucks like the other Gerties and Prince Gregor twin Edith... as I was trying to keep within my Brood's Sasha serie dolls manufacturing years of 1965-1973.
    Thanks again for taking and sharing these wonderful photos of yet another fantastic Sasha Celebration Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not worry Kendal,everyone likes to see everyone's photo's of the events when ever they are put on, I know I will be looking at yours to see everything I have missed and also the dolls in much more detail.
      I did bring Bruno down on the Friday night but you can see him in October, he'll hopefully be wearing his own clothes and some shoes by then!.
      Clarise/ Gertie 1 & 2 and Edith are all sooo gorgeous I can even forgive them for starting as boys !
      I'm looking forward to seeing the master's photo's once you get started.Remember slow and steady is much nicer than a great big rush just to be first :) x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for these posts, it's great to see the variety of dolls, the hard work that's obviously gone into making the outfits for the Robin Hood theme and the sales tables. There is a little red head in the front left of seventh picture down wearing a pale blue dress with a flower on, she looks so sweet, and deep in thought! I did try and leave a comment after reading about your very late first night, have you still got a voice after all that chatting? Hopefully my computer will work this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, I always take hundreds of photos or hardly any, luckily this was a hundreds event! lol I wish I'd made the effort to make a Robin hood outfit but I kept forgetting that there was a fancy dress until it was too late!
      Believe it or not , yes I did still have a voice after all the chatting but I was coming down with a cold, so landed up with a sore throat by the end of the week.
      Thansk for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete
  3. Great photos Dee - I loved that Maid Marian outfit as well - by Marilyn I think? I think a few of us were a little hoarse by the end of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia, I believe it was Jane's Maid Marion but I think Marilyn's Robin won it.yes I should imagine everyone was well talked out!

      Delete
  4. Maid Marian was my favourite too, she looked gorgeous. The doll belongs to Jane S and she made the outfit too, I thought it was brilliant!
    Another great post Dee, loved your photos and how you have posted them, something nice to see each day :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it ! It suited her Sasha so well. If she'd decided to sell that outfit I think we'd have been trampled in th Rush!.
      Thanks Sharon it worked out well doing a different part of the event each day,helped keep it going.:) xxx

      Delete
  5. A great post Dee and nice that other dolls attended and had a great time too. I especially enjoyed seeing Jonny's doll in person. She was just beautiful. Yes, that was Gertie next to your Jamie and I think she liked him a lot..... Thank you Dee for covering and sharing the SCW events. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see other dolls and not just Sasha's. Jonny's doll was very tempting! I so love Gertie and I think Jamie took a shine to her too! :)xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi Dee a great post thank you for sharing your photos xx

    ReplyDelete