Sunday 1 April 2018

EASTER SUNDAY

Happy Easter Everyone.






This week I have been considering studying ducks, to see how they deal with water! Since we seem ,in the UK , to be filling our water table to overflowing! It's rained everyday and for most of the day and night. The ground must be sodden by now but they are still forecasting yet more!

And not just the rain but the cold! Spring is being pushed back with the amount of cold and wet we are having at present. Saturday morning I worked , it rained and then after lunch, when the skies cleared and a little tiny ray of sun appeared ,  Paul decided to move the log cabin parts off the pallet and under the carport, I went out to help him and within about fifteen minutes it started raining again! But we did manage to get all the wood undercover and the driveway and path to the front door is now clear , which I'm sure both the postwoman and the milkman will appreciate.



Casper's training is coming along.....


We don't let our dogs sit on the furniture , this is Casper being told to get down.


This is Casper's answer to instruction... what you want ME to get down?

The book on Paul's knee ,in the corner of the photo, is on dog training...


and this is Casper when Paul's gone off to collect Lindsey from station and I'm on computer at other end of room!

You can see whose on top in this training lark.. at present..

Plus why use your bed when.....


you can snooze on a nice fluffy boot!


One thing about cleaning out an area you've been using to store things , is you come across things you either totally forgot you had or wondered where you'd put them! We had stored quite a few books in the Gazebo and I came across a couple I'd totally forgotten I had!



One of the books I found.


Some bears who were sheltering in a box with some others. One of the other things having to move items and find space for them, is it makes you look at whether you really need to keep them for another five years only to move them again!
There are several pieces of furniture I need to list and if not sold, donate to a local charity to use or sell on.


Hattie braved the cold a couple of times once out front and once out back.



Poor Hattie was the only one willing to come outside in the cold for a very quick photo shoot! It is still really cold and the ground is still wet despite not having rained for several hours.



x


I just love this fabric with the tulips. It's a much deeper vibrant green that shown in these photos but it's too cold outside to hang about trying to get the perfect colour photo. So Hattie will be back on a warmer dryer day, should we get one!, to show just how much this is the perfect spring dress!


Well I need to go and wrap up and help with the taking down of the gazebo and also clearing up all the other things that will need taking to the recycling centre next weekend. Today Sunday is the only day it's not forecasted to rain for the next four or five days!

Oh and on another doggy note. I'd not realised that Casper was the name of one of the three kings! Balthazar and Melchior being the names of the other two. I've always loved the name Balthazar  and Melchior also has a nice ring to it.... maybe we need to have three kings in the family?.....




xxx


will it happen? or will the sense able side save the day....only time will tell.....

Wishing you all a Happy Easter and a healthy fun week ahead.

Dee xx

14 comments:

  1. Lovely catch-up post.
    Happy Easter to you all from dry, warm and very sunny Cheshire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hattie is a plucky little girl to brave the cold for a photo shoot. Yesterday we had about 4" of snow and this morning the temp was only 13 F. I'm resigned to the fact that we probably really won't have much of a spring this year.

    I think the question is whether you and Paul are training Casper or he's training you!

    Hope you had a great Easter holiday.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hattie is, she's a law unto herself! 4 inches of snow! poor you ! I just wish the spring would really arrive and give us the promise of a lovely summer to come!

      I agree, I think that Casper's doing a bit of training himself...

      Delete
  3. What a treat...Hattie (nice to see her after so long) Teddy Bears and Dogs...all was needed was some EB pottery to finish my list of favourite things!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hattie is just so busy and fussy about what she wears , it's hard to get her to stand still for a photo shoot!
      EB pottery coming up :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Easter! Hattie looks gorgeous in that spring like dress (brave without sleeves in this dampness). Your new doggie looks adorable with plenty of spunk (you will need to get in charge otherwise he will run rings around you as our dog does with my husband who is a softy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hattie loved the colours which is why she agreed to be the model! Casper knows that Paul's the softy in this family and rings are on occasion being run! :)

      Delete
  5. My mum, who got her first dog at the age of 74, also believed she would not sit in the furniture. That first dog only had some more months to live (she was from animal rescue), and her second one entered the house, saw a nice comfortable armchair, and now it is hers. Mum also says it is very practical to have the dog next to you on the sofa, so it's easier to stroke her without stopping to knit..
    I own that lovely book on miniatures making, too, but mine is in French. I never realized there also is an English version else I'd bought that one, as my French is only rudimentary. But so lovely photos!
    Hattie brings a touch of spring in her pretty tulip dress. It was very brave of her to step out for a photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say he does look sweet when sitting like he's entitled on the sofa but once he's full grown we'll have not room to sit!
      The photos in the book are inspiring, I have to try not to study them too hard or I'll be off making my dolls house!

      Delete
  6. A cheery Easter post Dee. Casper is just the sweetest boy and I love his photos especially the one asleep on the Paul’s boot. Fantastic! How do you ever say no to him? Hattie is lovely in her tulip dress and very brave to go sleeveless in the cold temperatures. I like the name Balthazar too very much. Perhaps a future addition to the Village? Or two?? 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this despite the weather :) Casper is a little charmer and I think he knows it and such a happy dog who loves to play.
      Hattie does brave :) Balthazar may be a dogs name.. but the last king may have to be a Gregor :) xx

      Delete
  7. Ahhh yes, I think the training appears to be going just as well as it ever did here in our house!!!! I love Casper, such a cute and cuddly looking dog, and he really suits that sofa. I suppose at least he didn't chew up the Dog Training book.
    The teddies are lovely, the pink ones would be nice for Clara! ;)
    Don't you just love it when you come across things that were put away in a safe place ages ago.
    Well I can sympathise on the weather as ours hasn't been great either, if it's not raining then it's really really windy, we're talking gale force wind....the sound is driving me nuts at the moment!
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange how such small dogs/puppy seem to win the battles sometimes! lol
      Luckily only paper he chews so far but hoping he won't move on to books !

      I'm sure Clara will be taking teddies home once she's big enough to ask :)
      They keep saying it's going to be a nice weekend but I look at the forecast and there's always rain involved!! :) xx

      Delete